What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think of Adam Blair's punisment?

• Total voters

roarr

Juniors
For all those people saying "o he shouldn't have to miss a grand final because of this" .... maybe if he wanted to play in a grand final he shouldnt have started a 40-man brawl on the sideline a week before the finals start.

He obviously knows theres a judiciary... its 100% his fault. He let down his team mates and hopefully they get destroyed in the finals anyway.

Didgi

For all those people saying "o he shouldn't have to miss a grand final because of this" .... maybe if he wanted to play in a grand final he shouldnt have started a 40-man brawl on the sideline a week before the finals start.

Are you accusing him of starting the brawl where Hinchcliffe elbowed Lussick and Lussick retaliated or the second one where Glenn Stewart walked off then changed direction to meet him before throwing the first punch?

PB

Bench
No. the week off is equivalent to a bye

Stewart should get 4 weeks as the instigator to the blue (based on the precedent they set with Blair). personally i think the sentences were typical NRL overreaction and stewart should have got 2 weeks and blair 1.

Blair in essence has got 3 weeks for defending himself :crazy:

Agree. And if Stewart (and Manly) have the ordacity to plead "not guilty" it should be 4 weeks minimum.

Evenflow

Bench
No. the week off is equivalent to a bye

Stewart should get 4 weeks as the instigator to the blue (based on the precedent they set with Blair). personally i think the sentences were typical NRL overreaction and stewart should have got 2 weeks and blair 1.

Blair in essence has got 3 weeks for defending himself :crazy:

But but Stewart shouldn't have been there in the first place because he didn't throw a punch in the first scuffle, surely that calls for him to plead not guilty and attract a lesser sentence.......:sarcasm:

The Tele poll now

Fair
30.03%(1047 votes)
Too light
10.99%(383 votes)
Too heavy
58.98%(2056 votes)

Perth Red

Post Whore
The plebians have spoken, we should go back to Roman times where cases were decided by the will of the people! :)

POPEYE

Coach
Hard to make a case when the combatants show practically no after effects . . . black eyes, broken noses, even a few stitches might have swung the vote

Tommax25

Bench
I voted too heavy because 3 weeks is too heavy for both Blair and Glenn. 1-2 would have been fair as a deterrent for fighting, because it’s not really an offence worthy of that much tbh, and we’ve heard it all week from people saying they’d hate to see players miss grand finals ect over this. But I can’t complain as both players were punished equally for a fight they were equally culpable for, so both will cop it and move on, and hopefully keep their mouths shut and their arms down next time.

aqua_duck

Coach
I personally hate this word 'retaliate', honestly if a bloke I'd trying to punch your head in what else are you suppose to do? Stand there a cop it on the chin (literally)? Do a Ben Creagh and run away as quick as you can?
To me if a bloke is throwing punches at you, you've got every right to defend yourself. To me retaliation is what Darcy Lussick did after copping a slight elbow to the face (accidental or otherwise). What Blair did against Stewart is a given right of every man, defending yourself.

typicalfan

Coach
I personally hate this word 'retaliate', honestly if a bloke I'd trying to punch your head in what else are you suppose to do? Stand there a cop it on the chin (literally)? Do a Ben Creagh and run away as quick as you can?
To me if a bloke is throwing punches at you, you've got every right to defend yourself. To me retaliation is what Darcy Lussick did after copping a slight elbow to the face (accidental or otherwise). What Blair did against Stewart is a given right of every man, defending yourself.
I agree with this. 100%

simostorm

Bench

Spot on.

langpark

First Grade
I would have voted 'fair' if the others were dealt with with some consistency.

For me, Brett Stewart was the biggest scumbag in all of this with his 50m run, then an attempt at Blair's head. Ask yourself this; if Brett Stewart had knocked Blair out cold, would we still be discussing a one match ban, or would it be more like 18? (danny williams)