What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think of Big League's Origin NRL teams?

Azkatro

First Grade
Obviously it's a purely hypothetical exercise, but a good one nonetheless. Big League this week has named starting 13's for every club based on where players in the competition played junior footy. They are as follows:

BRONCOS: K Hunt, J Webster, S Berrigan, B Tate, D Boyd; B Marshall, J Thurston; P Civoniceva, C Smith, S Price; M Crocker, A Harrison, T Carroll.

BULLDOGS: T Cutler, M Utai, C Phelps, A Emelio, T Winitana; C Hughes, B Sherwin; G Hall, M Riddell, C Farah; B Morrin, T Thurling, C Payne.

RAIDERS: M Robertson, N Smith, J Monaghan, J Croker, M Lett; M Monaghan, T Carney; T Thompson, L Priddis, M Weyman; B Kite, B White, L Withers.

SHARKS: D Simmons, L MacDougall, C Best, N Youngquest, B Howland; A Dykes, R Aitken; L Stuart, M Hilder, K Galloway; C Ciraldo, R Williams, S Isemonger.

SEA EAGLES: A MacDougall, S Meaney, S Harris, S Menzies, M Creary; B Kearney, M Orford; M O'Meley, V Mauro, J King; C Heighington, A Watmough, G Morrison.

STORM: R Wesser, S Minto, W Tonga, S Bell, T Martin; D Lockyer, C McGuire; S Webcke, PJ Marsh, B Ross; K Kahler, M Scott, C Flannery.

KNIGHTS: T Polglase, A Quinn, M Gidley, T Tahu, L Burt; K Gidley, A Johns; J Perry, M Ennis, A Tupou; S Simpson, W Mason, C Newton.

COWBOYS: B Slater, T Williams, J Hodges, P Bowman, M Sing; M Bowen, S Prince; N Myles, A Payne, C Webb; D Stagg, D Johnson, T Norton.

EELS: K Inu, J Hayne, B Delaney, F Mateo, J Williams; B Green, M Keating; J Tsoulos, H L'Estrange, N Cayless; P Gallen, C Robinson, L Fulton.

PANTHERS: W McKinnon, S Elford, L Lewis, D Galea, L Rooney; M Geyer, C Gower; J Clinton, B Galea, T Puletua; S Rodney, L Swain, T Waterhouse.

DRAGONS: B Stewart, D Howell, M Gasnier, M Cooper, W Naiqama; B Hornby, M Head; J Ryles, D Young, L Bailey; L O'Donnell, C Fitzgibbon, S Timmins.

RABBITOHS: N Merritt, P Mellor, L Hookey, Y Gordon, T Byrne; B Anasta, B Champion; J Falemaka, C Wing, M Manuokafoa; R Maitua, S McPherson, J Sutton.

ROOSTERS: G Inglis, A Roberts, B Smith, M King, R Cross; P Campbell, T Barrett; M Sargent, D Buderus, T Payten; N Hindmarsh, A Ryan, B Kennedy.

WARRIORS: J Ropati, T Tupou, C Toopi, I Soliola, M Vatuvei; N Vagana, L Hohaia; R Wiki, D Faiumu, R Asotasi; D Kidwell, SB Williams, L Anderson.

WESTS TIGERS: A Minichiello, E Grothe, D Halatau, D Collis, H El Masri; B Hodgson, S Dunley; B Gibbs, R Farah, J Skandalis; M Minichiello, F Pritchard, R Hoffman.

Danish

Referee
Where did they get these junior teams from??

As in, how did they decide these players belonged to these clubs..... seems pretty wrong to me

The Colonel

Immortal
The breakdown on the "junior areas" are quite confusing. The Roosters have pretty much the majority of NSW outside of the traditional areas of Newcastle, Wollongong, Sydney Metro and Penrith and Canberra.

Melbourne have from Mackay down as far as the Qld border. Nth Qld have from Mackay up.

Brisbane basically have the city of Brisbane and surrounding areas.

The Preacher

First Grade
Without naming players, I can't see how some of these qualify for sides they have been selected with. I'll have to go to the Big League to see the guidelines for selection, but it looks a bit "suss" to me. :(

Red Bear

Referee
Azkatro said:
SEA EAGLES: A MacDougall, S Meaney, S Harris, S Menzies, M Creary; B Kearney, M Orford; M O'Meley, V Mauro, J King; C Heighington, A Watmough, G Morrison.
Bold are the Norths players in this lineup, probly the more quality ones as well(apart from Kearny).

Biscuits

Juniors
Big league have allocated the Roosters nsw country otherwise they would only have Ryan cross.
Melbourne have no juniors so have been allocated queensland country.
They also stae that Manlys catchment takes in the central coast as well as the northern beaches.

Probably the sh*ttiest article in the sh*ttiest magazine ever.

League Week must be laughing they asses off.

RLW > Big League.

aids

Bench
i know we bag out roosters juniors, but doesn't the dogs team look ordinary?
edit: as does parra's

i think the wests team looks like an all over better team, with two average players, Dunley and M. Minichello

and go the bears, Heinghnington's a norths junior(cent coast) as well

Special K

Coach
SHARKS: D Simmons, L MacDougall, C Best, N Youngquest, B Howland; A Dykes, R Aitken; L Stuart, M Hilder, K Galloway; C Ciraldo, R Williams, S Isemonger.

possibly the worst side ever named in the history of any code. yuck!

TheInsider

Juniors
I think its a great story... Proves a lot of points and gives fans a lot to talk about...

Bobby Digital... Why is Big League sh*t? RLW never has anything most people don't already know...

but they are both good reads.

nqboy

First Grade
I enjoyed the article. Good laugh with the Rorters allocated NSW Country instead of the junior representative teams, and Melbourne Qld Country. Fairly sure Carl Webb is from Dalby or Roma, don't think either of them would qualify him for us but we'll take Sam Thaiday instead.

***MH***

Bench
It has El Masri as part of Wests District, when he was playing for Enfield, it used to be part of Wests but became part of Canterburys when Magpies left lidcombe for Campbelltown

greeneyed

First Grade
I thought this was the most ridiculous article ever published in Big League. Awarding the whole of NSW country to the Rorters!!!!! South Queensland country to Melbourne?

In the case of my own club, the Raiders, many areas of our traditional development and recruitment districts in southern NSW were excluded - and "given" to the Roosters. This is the game's official program! Oh dear....

greeneyed

First Grade
Plus it ignores the fact that the Raiders fund Souths Logan in Brisbane... yet all those juniors "belong" to the Broncos? Souths Logan would no longer exist but for Raiders funding....

Latest posts