What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think of Ricky Stuart?

Doomednow

Bench
Serious question...

I don't know any serious Rugby League fans who follow the sharks. My friends who do claim follow the sharks dont really watch the game much and just sort of back them as their default team. So I can't really ask them this.

What do you guys think of Ricky Stuart? Its safe to say you arent the most successful team in the NRL, but do you lay any of the blame with the coach? How do you feel about him leaving, and more importantly do you think he could be the right man for the job of coaching the Blues? To outsiders he comes across as a bit of a whinger, trying to lay the blame for the team's losses on the match officials, and rarely taking much responsibility. I'm not saying one way or another, but would like to know what the fans think. You guys should be more familiar with him than me.

Cheers.

azzah72

Bench
My honest opinion is that he was a succesful coach coaching a certain style with a team of top players when the game required it.

When he came here, he was very ando like in the way that he kept trying with the style that wasn't working.

In 2008 we were tied 1st on the back of many wins 6 points or under, we had what I would consider a very lucky year but we were cannon fodder for melb and manly no matter what.

He hasn't been able to attract too many players, so I guess he hasn't had the cattle he had when he was successful but I do believe he has matured and made some great individual players (all forwards). He has also done great things off the field.

The big thing is he has struggled to get the team to play as a team and he persisted with a style that simply wasn't working.

That was until recently, now he comes out on record after announcing he's leaving to say he's Finally changed the style he's persisted with for 4 odd years and now we look promising. I wonder where it has been all this time.

I'd say in one word stubborn.

Since 73

First Grade
Got excited for just a minute there.

Thought I read 'Do me know'.

Hang on, on second glance...

carcharias

Immortal
If the Sharks had had say.. the melb team ..then Ricky would have won us a comp.

Bit Like Bennett at the Bronc's.....kind of hard to fug it up whoever you are.

Doomednow

Bench
I'm going to show you why you are a knob :)

What do you think the Sharks are?

carrot

Which is why, when the Sharks play anyone who isn't the Panthers, I'll back them. Though I think there might be a few teams who will be able to say they had a worse year than Cronulla by the end of the season.

Thanks for the replies anyhow.

EDIT: Jerk.

Last edited:

bluey

Bench
I have supported sticky all through his tenure at the sharks but right now i would like to see the reins given to Flano immediately.
If Ricky does not drop fergo now things will get worse.Ricky in a way has created this mess so clean it up or move on now.