What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you want to see on the Official Website?

yy_cheng

Coach
Online talkback for 30 mins from a player or coach where fans can goto the Parra Site click on online chat, submit questions and responses are keyed close to real time.

Of course the questions will be moderated.

A coach's blog as someone already mentioned would be good.

ParraManiac

Juniors
Good stuff all, there have been some great ideas put forward. I think it is important however, that we dont impact on the players too much in our quest for extra content. I think they have enough to worry about, and personally I would rather they are completely focused on each weeks game.

Any thing with regards to a coaches insight (assistant?), match reports from lower grades are sensational ideas.

Coaches reports from lower grades anything that gives us an insight into players we dont hear about is great.

The level of info on the site atm is basically non existent, so any change would have to be welcomed.

Audio of post match press conferances etc.
Stuff to download, like screenavers etc.
Competitions, like tipping and spot the ball etc.

Jodeci

Bench
They actually do a Newsletter everyweek. It has a few stories and the back page is about Premier and Flegg.

Problem is only the players get this.

bartman

Immortal
As part of the 20 year key ring (or season ticket renewal, I can't remember which), they asked for contact email details for each of the people who hold season tickets via the one address, so they must be intending to do some regular emailing, or at least will have the tools to do so for season ticket holders?

Add that to any contact details they'll get from blue and gold army members, and that's a sizeable chunk of fans who have all paid something extra and so could be deserving of something extra in the way of website/communications? But, even with the new year starting I'm yet to receive anything extra in my in tray... :(

A lot of the English clubs just et fans subscribe to an e-list via their websites, and during the season from some you almost get something almost every day - for free!

Mattski

Juniors
fish eel said:
Parramatta Eels TV, like this:

http://www.fcb.tv/en/index.php?fcb_sid=84e3fc425bba79e7d9758ab1cf1cf00b

would be unreal but probably not realistic

hey guys, i dont post here at all really but i thought i would comment on this topic as it is something that has had me annoyed for years.

I'm a big fan of english football (soccer) and the news updates they have on each teams official websites are amazing - every morning i log in and there are at least two or three new stories to read whether they are articles written by ex-players, comments posted from current players about the current season, countdowns of the top 100 players of all time (with attached video highlights), a fan vote for the best player for each game and FFS injury updates! when hindy was injured in 05 against the broncs parra fans held their collective breath - and the official site had nothing, not a scrap of info. forums (like this one) had more info which is a bit of a shame really.

I guess i just hate relying on the papers and forums to cover eels stories as the official website rarely has news stories that doesn't involve charity work or the like.

the other point i had was a comment on fish eel's post, as you probably know bayern aren't the only team to have their own tv channel, chelsea and man utd both have their own channel as well as another team from scotland i think - but while these offer great contact with the fans 24/7 the clubs tend to lose allot of money as the channel cost heaps to run in comparison with the subscriptions they receive.

:)

fish eel

Immortal
Mattski said:
the other point i had was a comment on fish eel's post, as you probably know bayern aren't the only team to have their own tv channel, chelsea and man utd both have their own channel as well as another team from scotland i think - but while these offer great contact with the fans 24/7 the clubs tend to lose allot of money as the channel cost heaps to run in comparison with the subscriptions they receive.

:)

Yeah, I know a few clubs have it, but I subscribe to FCBTV so had the link handy. Sitting on the other side of the globe, it's just brilliant, you get player profiles, ie a day with so and so.....pre match video previews, full highlights of every match....video news stories....well worth the subscription cost.

There would be a number of stumbling blocks, cost aside. Primarily I imagine would be the rights to actually show matches on there....

eel4life

Juniors
Yeah i got a million and one ideas for a website that will kick some butt, i build websites for a living, i have built something i want to show the club but i have no idea who to get in contact with if you guys know anyone let me know ...

Our site can be so much better ..

I subscribe to http://www.liverpoolfc.tv Best website for content and usability, ( they actually won an award for their website ), Manutd is up there, i mean i hate the team but cool site.

Who do you have to get in contact with for a change, but also we cant be to hard on them, getting the right people to create a website is not easy, but a fan of the club is always going to put in the effort to make sure it gets done properly.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
eel4life - in the AGM thread MITS, Hellsy and I are organising a report for the Club detailing things like the above. If you have built something that you would like included, head on over!!

I'll PM you my email address now

eel4life

Juniors
Yeah No worries, its at bout 85% completed ( been busy at work ) yeah sure i mean id love to show them a new angle.

I added you to my MSN so if you see a weird email address its me, hehehe.

Yeah no worries, i am in i want the eels website to be up there with the best of them

Hellsy

Immortal
Thanks for all yor replies.

From now on can you please email it to Jess, MITS and I on this email addy:

parra.parra.parra@hotmail.com

Please dont use this thread any longer

BUT KEEP THE IDEAS ROLLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Parra Guru

Coach
I would just like to see a better site in general. Maybe wallpapers, screensavers etc.

That site it so out dated at the moment.

Pricey

Juniors
The eels site seems to arrogant, could have at least wished everybody an merry xmas and happy new year but they seem too much above, doing that. Little things like that go a long way. If it was not for the supporters the club would not excist and I think they seem to have forgotten that, so get down off your almighty horse eels CEO.