What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does it take to be dropped from the Aussie Side?

Just wondering because on Ch 9 they just showed the Aussie team for the 1st Test and Marcus North is still in the team.

WTF has he done to deserve to be still in the team?

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Simon Katich has performed well at test level. Averaging 46 is a very good effort - 50 is world class. According to cricinfo Katich averages 52.42 opening. That is truly world class. WHy drop him?

Hughes is a kid who was dropped when he was failing in England - he will be back and a better player for it ala Damien Martyn and Justin langer.

Hodge got the rawest of deals. Marcus North is just one lucky sonabitch. As soon as the selectors realise Steve Smith is a batsman; he should get North's spot.

I wonder if Bradman got a couple of ducks whether knee jerk fans would call to have him dropped.

Last edited:

beads6

First Grade
I believe North has been given so many lives because Cricket Australia think he is the only other option besides Clarkey to captain the side when Punter falls on his sword... Make Sense?? I think it does but I don't like it.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
A captain not scoring runs is a recipe for tears in interviews...

Clarke has been groomed for captaincy - groom another player when Clarke has the job would make more sense.

beads6

First Grade
A captain not scoring runs is a recipe for tears in interviews...

Clarke has been groomed for captaincy - groom another player when Clarke has the job would make more sense.

I agree with you but I have a feeling that is the reason why the selectors have kept North around so long.:crazy:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Kat has been our best bat the last 3 years :lol: If he's under pressure what about Hussey and North :crazy:

beads6

First Grade
You are right you have no clue. Katich has been one of our best batsman for the last 3 years.

Pretty sure old mate means, he doesn't think Katich is one of Punters mates so he doesn't know how he has styled in the team.. Relax people the Poms are the enemy.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
To the original post Brad Hodge and Jason Gillespie might say score a double century.

Actually for GIllespie it was worse than that; score a double century, be man of the match and player of the series - and then be dropped.

Gillespie was dropped well before he scored a double century he was only ever an emergency player on that Bangaldesh tour and was never going to play beyond it.

You are right you have no clue. Katich has been one of our best batsman for the last 3 years.

scoring a sh*tload of a runs has been Katich's biggest problem at trying to get dropped from the Aussie side.

you dumb f**king drongo

Read my post again.

I reckon Katich is a fantastic cricketer (and much under rated bowler). What I was saying is I don't know how Katich has survived so long not being Ricky's mate which seems to be the way the Australian XI gets picked these days.

Last edited:
I believe North has been given so many lives because Cricket Australia think he is the only other option besides Clarkey to captain the side when Punter falls on his sword... Make Sense?? I think it does but I don't like it.

North will never captain Australia. He's already 31 years old and doesn't have enough experience at International level