What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What excuse will it be if the new NSW halves fail?

MARSHALL ZHUKOV

Juniors
If this is your rationale for dismissing people's opinions on here then you may as well just stop posting.

Opinions are like a holes everyone has one - too many here play the man not the ball as they say- that isn't an opinion it's just spite and jealousy

lockyno1

Post Whore
Opinions are like a holes everyone has one - too many here play the man not the ball as they say- that isn't an opinion it's just spite and jealousy

If a bloke sucks for SIX YEARS....surely you have to ask questions! Pearce has had MORE than enough chances, and it was a joke that it took a bender for him to get dumped, he should have been dumped last season!

timka4

Bench
oh thats good so if NSW lose and the halves are solid- Hayne is the reason NSW will lose not Mitchell Pearce- that's a relief to know
I meant Hayne being out of game 2 and 3 was the most underrated reason as to our lack of execution/loss. I thought they'd be pretty obvious as no one doubts Haynes skills

Hench

Juniors
give us all an overview of your playing career- oh you don't have one- back in your box num nut

What an absolutely moronic, assinine statement to make on an internet message board. Might as well shut down this site and the million of sports forums on the internet because posters haven't played at the same level as the players they are critiquing.

thorson1987

Coach
give us all an overview of your playing career- oh you don't have one- back in your box num nut

There will be plenty of excuses from the anti pearce and maloney wannabees who could neverbees - the chips were too salty- beds too small-it was a little too slippery underfoot- dog hate their homework - cat got their tongue- any excuse will be made up by these keyboard hero's.

Daley coaching career will cease hopefully earlier than after game 3 (9th QLD series win is a certainty).

Time to bite the bullet and convince Gus Gould to comeback to coach NSW- He is the only one that can coach NSW to a series win not currently coaching in the NRL.

If they decide to select an NRL coach then one of the following 4 would be the one to coach NSW to a series win.

Robinson
Toovey
Hasler
Cleary

mmm i must have missed you playing SOO which team your played for and what position again- like the other dunces on here you never played(except with yourself) as you were never ever any good to even play park football- tallpoppy syndrome rears it's ugly head- of course your a paid up member of the wannabees who could neverbees too obviously

I think this is what you folk do up on the gold coast plus dream of winning a premiership- dream on but not too many wet dreams

oh thats good so if NSW lose and the halves are solid- Hayne is the reason NSW will lose not Mitchell Pearce- that's a relief to know

crying-thumb-550x255-119370.gif

big hit!

Bench
The halves just have to be at least solid. If Hayne can stay fit we have a huge chance. I think it's the most underrated reason why we lost the series last year, closely followed by Pearce being halfback.

Solid my arse.

If it's a ding dong battle in the forwards which these games normally are, then the link between the them and their respective team's backline is where it is won.

Solid is what Pearce has been for for NSW and that's the problem. Halves can't just be solid. They need to take hold of the game once the forwards have done their work.

Solid halves for NSW will be another series where NSW do little to threaten QLD through the 6 and 7.

In the meantime, we'll see Scott & co lay the foundations for QLD through the organisation of Smith, and then Thurston & Cronk move in to stretch the width of the Blues defensive line and use their skill to create and find holes in it or behind it.

Our halves have rarely done this in the last few years and it's what is required.

If Hodkinson and Reynolds can't, then they've failed just like Pearce and co before them.

Lambretta

First Grade
Roosters fans will have a good wank if Hodkinson and Reynolds don't set the world on fire. Then they can delude themselves into thinking it's everyone else's fault Shitchell is shit.

I'm not a big fan of Mitchell Pearce, but neither am I a massive critic. The lad doesn't have the outright ability of Thurston or the practiced precision of Cronk. Then again. who does?

It doesn't matter who the NSW halves are - whether Mitchell is there or not - NSW just doesn't have the talent in the key positions to beat Queensland in a best of three series.

Pick who you want - but no one eligible to wear Blue is better than Thurston, Cronk or Daley Cherry Evans.

Personally I reckon the best combination (both talent wise and what they bring in agression and tenacity) are Reynolds and Reynolds but I can understand the NSW selectors not picking the best players if they don't play alongside each other normally and they have little or no experience at this level.

In the future players like Reynolds, Kelly and Brooks look like brilliant prospects - but for now we have to accept that Queensland has by far the superior players in almost every category that counts and virtually all our best players are either unavailable or out of form yet a-f**king-gain.

Hayne, Farah & Jennings being the exceptions.

That said - if Queensland beat us it will make me sick to the core of my being and I will not gain any pleasure from it. But it certainly won't make me call for the re-instatement of Mitchell.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Billy Slater
Greg Inglis
Justin Hodges
Jonathan Thurston
Cooper Cronk
Matt Scott
Cameron Smith
Daly Cherry-Evans

That's why NSW won't win.

Forget excuses, when you're up against a group of the best players of the last 25 years it's just a simple matter of them being better.

papabear

Juniors
Jennings is far more dangerous then hodges these days.

hodges is overrated always has been, but now he is old and overrated.

Matt Scott whilst good is on par with the props we have and besides him they are light in the middle.

isaiah

Bench
Jennings is far more dangerous then hodges these days.

hodges is overrated always has been, but now he is old and overrated.

Matt Scott whilst good is on par with the props we have and besides him they are light in the middle.
scott is better than woods and tamou at this level and the rest of the forwards except smith are purely role players. the actual overrated in terms of getting a result at this higher level than club footy are most of your pack. watmough, hoffman, farah, beau scott, and tony williams are stars in their club sides but can make a dumb decision at origin level. you will miss bird and fifita who were both outstanding last year in a team that almost did it. it was still in the balance with 40 odd seconds and farah trying the impossible cross field kick to mcmanus in his own half in the decider. you can dominate for blocks of the 80 min but we have the brains, the smart creative halves that can win a game that could go either way.

ram raid

Bench
Who cares if they fail. At least something different is being tried. If they can't stand up ,next year play Brooks and Mullen. Whatever happens we all know that Thurston and Cronk will pawn Pearce and Maloney 7 days a week.

Billythekid

First Grade
All of NSW halves are pretty f*cking average so whoever we pick it will be a big weakness for us. At least this sends a message that they will pick people based on form. Pearce should have to earn his spot and not be a guarantee (how that became the case with his performance and origin record is just baffling).

timka4

Bench
Solid my arse.

If it's a ding dong battle in the forwards which these games normally are, then the link between the them and their respective team's backline is where it is won.

Solid is what Pearce has been for for NSW and that's the problem. Halves can't just be solid. They need to take hold of the game once the forwards have done their work.

Solid halves for NSW will be another series where NSW do little to threaten QLD through the 6 and 7.

In the meantime, we'll see Scott & co lay the foundations for QLD through the organisation of Smith, and then Thurston & Cronk move in to stretch the width of the Blues defensive line and use their skill to create and find holes in it or behind it.

Our halves have rarely done this in the last few years and it's what is required.

If Hodkinson and Reynolds can't, then they've failed just like Pearce and co before them.
He has not been solid, below solid

Latest posts