What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what happend to the eels song !

ausworm

Juniors
Why when Parra wins at home this year they don’t play the eels team song , have thay lost it or are they making a new one.

Utey

Coach
Some a**hole lost the cd. I think we should blame it on Brian Smith and Dennis Fitzgerald.

Hellsy

Immortal
Itd be nice for that song to play again.....

Parra :clap: :clap:

When the Eels are flying....

LUV THAT SONG

Nickeel

Juniors
Hellsy said:
Itd be nice for that song to play again.....

When the Eels are flying....

LUV THAT SONG

I think the poster was referring to Click Go The Eels?

The only time they've played it this year was after the Canberra win. Not happy - there was a whole group of us ready to sing it last night!

Nick

Hellsy

Immortal
I dont see Click goes the Shears as the team song.... the victory song maybe..
I don't rate that song as highly as the "Parra :clap: :clap: :clap:"

Nikki

Coach
Yeah, I prefer the ol John English version. Click goes the shears is corny IMO. But I would like to see maybe a more updated version. They should run a comp where someone can write the words and Eric Jnrs band can record the song.

Fathead

Bench
Whatever - A team song should be played and played and played whenever we win at home and the team and fans should be able to sing it as loud as they want !!
Works pretty well in the AFL....

Nikki

Coach
Fathead said:
Whatever - A team song should be played and played and played whenever we win at home and the team and fans should be able to sing it as loud as they want !!
Works pretty well in the AFL....

Yeah well there are alot of things our club SHOULD do and dont. The other problem being, most stadiums let the fans stay in for a while after the game. We have security kickin ppl out as the players are still leaving the field. Not enough time to fit the song in there.. :(

Nikki

Coach
join the bandwagon said:
Cheer, Cheer the Gold and the Blue.
The other team lost, they played like Poo.

I was singing a different version of the Swannies song last night too.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nickeel

Juniors
parra-matters said:
Jon English song is awesome, brings a tear to my eye.

You're...

You're serious, right?

Click Go The Eels is not corny, ffs. It has been our traditional song since at least the 70s. If you want a corny song its Parra Power To Win (Jon English tune) - it's nothing like what a victory song should be.

Nick

fish eel

Immortal
Nickeel said:
You're...

You're serious, right?

Click Go The Eels is not corny, ffs. It has been our traditional song since at least the 70s. If you want a corny song its Parra Power To Win (Jon English tune) - it's nothing like what a victory song should be.

Nick

well said.

"when the eels are flying, they're electrifying', i mean, wtf? :lol:

Gronk

Staff member
Click go the Eels = Tradition.

Waltzing Matilda is as corny as you can get, but that doesn't mean that we flick it.

Maybe we just need John Williamson to do a version of CGTE ?

wittyz chick

Coach
Nickeel said:
I think the poster was referring to Click Go The Eels?

The only time they've played it this year was after the Canberra win. Not happy - there was a whole group of us ready to sing it last night!

Nick

By any chance were you sitting in Bay 65 on Saturday night??

Because that line just reminded me of a group of people sitting there. They were so funny :lol:

Nickeel

Juniors
wittyz chick said:
By any chance were you sitting in Bay 65 on Saturday night??

Because that line just reminded me of a group of people sitting there. They were so funny :lol:

Bay 75, actually... Brett Kenny Hill, represent! :D

Nick

I was upset that the song wasn't played also, But I am pretty sure it played after the tigers and the Raiders games. As in our Home Victories.

I am hoping as the Colonel said that the disc was misplaced or something like that. I can volunteer a copy of the Songs if needed but it is on the Eels website so it shouldn't be to hard to get another copy of and play again at our next home win.

Hallatia

Referee
Nikki said:
Yeah, I prefer the ol John English version. Click goes the shears is corny IMO. But I would like to see maybe a more updated version. They should run a comp where someone can write the words and Eric Jnrs band can record the song.
I really like that idea, somebody should pose it to the club, it would be awesome and gettting players and fans involved together is so positive

and to be honest, I always liked the Jon English song

Latest posts