What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Happens At Half Time?

Timbo

Staff member
Um really guys? That was not Kelly's fault... I actually think he had an OK game and you guys are really ripping into him too much... He had ZERO support back there... Croker walked back FFS... What was the rest of the team doing?!?!?! I might add I also figured he would play terribly so that maybe part of the reason I'm sorta happen with his performance but you can't ping that all on him... Stuart would have just dropped the ball cold, as would have Vidot going on current form...

Buttress did well? Once he warmed up he was OK but his first two sets were passes to peoples shoulders constantly...

We lost because the refs want to even it up, we didn't get a penalty all second half, our forwards can't hold onto the ball at ALL, and our centres keep running up for one on one tackles and leaving massive f**king holes in the line... Yes it looks good when it works but it's still a 50/50 play...

Please. Don't.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
20 unanswered points in the second half vs souths, 25 vs west tigers. even the broncos were coming back but we just held on..its not good 3 games at home and we have nearly lost all 3, even worse we havent scored in the second half. also we are tied with the sharks for the spoon! -65 points each..bloody terrible. two from seven...

Cryptic

Juniors
Timbo, How about you don't focus on a single point? You know how everyone blames certain people for losing the game for us when we can actually pin it on about 10...

Timbo

Staff member
A single point?

-No halfback.
-No hooker.
-No coach.
-No understanding of the fundamentals.
-Brett Kelly.

That's 5 I've had a solid crack at so far.

Cryptic

Juniors
Again... Like Brett Kelly played any worse than 5 or so other players out there? Honestly... You think that TLL had a better game?

Timbo

Staff member
Of course not.

The difference is I've seen Tom LL play well. I've never seen a thing from Brett Kelly that justifys his continued selection.

shear_joy9

Coach
I'd rather Tongue retire than see him play at hooker again and I'd rather die than see brett kelly play first grade again.

please resign furner. please.
Your a joke of a coach and have turned the team into an embarressment.

Nth-Qld-Raider

Juniors
Half-Time, well David Furner happened i guess, 7 weeks in and the season already feels long.

Wonder what Graham Murray is up to, wonder if he'd like to get back into coaching at NRL level.

Adam Mogg was ok but he's not the answer.

you lack direction and tire at the back end of halfs.

also i think you guys go in and eat pies at half time.

either way that's 2 home games in a row you've exploded out of the blocks and then fallen over.

typicalfan

Coach
When you look at the game in a wider spectrum then it plays out that way. Look at the tries the Raiders scored, one off a scrum that was down to Souths feeble defense at the time moreso than a great pass or run, a wayward pass falls into the arms of Dugan who is class for sure, Alan Tongue passing to himself for a poorly constructed try and a try which was close to held up. 4 tries and you would give 1 out of 4 for construction and that is being nice. Even in the first half the Raiders defense was feeble, disguised by a large amount of possession and momentum. Come into halftime and a not so well earned 24-6 can bite you if you go into the 2nd half with a cocky or lazy mentality.

Cryptic

Juniors
I would more say that just shows that the team has talent.. But no direction... If a set play falls down they have the skill to improv it and do something great but that's sorta the issue... The set plays are making it so that we AREN'T using the talents we have out there a lot of the time...

Satsok

Juniors
i wouldnt say it was a terrible effort by you guys, you kinda dominated the first half. but its like there was total complacency coming out second half.

its like they were thinking it was in the bag and you didnt have to try at all. when those 3 tries were scored within like 10 minutes, you guys got shaky and were looking over your shoulder at the scoreboard.

but the last 15 or so, you actually started to get back into it, finish sets and get some kicks down field to turn it into an arm wrestle, but by that stage, you were down by 2 and it was to little too late.

I cant really comment on kelly, because i dont watch too many raiders games, but he seemed to do alright, but that strip was just crazy, where was the centre running back to give him protection from the kick? you cant blame it all on him for this game.

mogg seemed to go alright, but can you really have a wing/centre at halfback for the rest of the season? maybe you guys should have a crack at a fringe half from another team, like a josh lewis or something.. someone who can play half just isnt getting a chance?

The refs didnt go that bad i thought, there was a couple times, i thought you guys should have got a penalty, one that springs to mind is when stuart was on top of the guy playing the ball trying to get up and he kinda fell over again. But then again, i didnt think there was too much in that high shot.. i thought your guy was milking it until he got up wobbly,

but yeah.. all in all i thought it was a good game to watch, first and second half, even for a neutral perspective.. but to throw away a lead like that, surely its not long before they give furner the arse.

aussies1st

Staff member
mogg seemed to go alright, but can you really have a wing/centre at halfback for the rest of the season? maybe you guys should have a crack at a fringe half from another team, like a josh lewis or something.. someone who can play half just isnt getting a chance?

When the other options are Herbert and McCrone, Mogg doesn't look too bad! I agree we should be looking at a fringe half from another club, Lewis is exactly who I had in mine too. Look at the Panthers, grabbed Luke Walsh midway through last season did well and now are a top 4 team.

Dazraider

Juniors
A single point?

-No halfback.
-No hooker.
-No coach.
-No understanding of the fundamentals.
-Brett Kelly.

That's 5 I've had a solid crack at so far.

Your 100% correct, especially about kelly, i dont care that others say he didnt too too bad, he was woeful never looked like breaking the line or doing anything that may have got us back in the game and his defence sucks his ball handling sucks and his read of the whole game sucks, HE IS NO 1ST GRADER YOU TOSSERS.
Ball handling sucks for us as well, why does tilse keep dropping the ball, he loves to let it slip out of his hands, and thurling looking pissed when he dropped a sitter, now thats just woeful.
The coach i believe has a punt on us to come last with his selections and use of interchange.
Halfback/hooker, we will never be a threat without getting a decent halfback and decent hooker, buttris went ok but ionconsistency has been his problem in the past

Timbo

Staff member
And on Campese, how good did he look when Mogg was organizing? Took the line on for the first time in forever.

thewildbunch

Juniors
Aussie1st...whats wrong with using Herbert. surely you cant judge him on the single game he had this season. a game he didn't play that badly in and just quietly if he was on the bench on sunday we would have won. his a hell of a lot better then Mogg, every time he touched the ball he seemed to be running in water.

Cryptic

Juniors
Because Herbert has the same issue McCrone has... He doesn't talk... Mogg directs... He may not be the final solution but at least with him directing sh*t out there we started to get some stuff happening... Plus Herbert or McCrone, no one sees them as a threat in attack or defence... I know halves aren't the best defenders generally but Herbert, more than McCrone at least, can be run over by fellow backs...

Unless we get an organising half that can stay out there for 80 minutes we are dead... I'm just really hoping Mogg was injured (and will be back this week), for Furners sake... I didn't see any other reason to take him off...