What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happens if ???

Father Ted

First Grade
What happens if next year with a new roster Price is given just for arguements sake six games to prove himself and WINS THE LOT.. What happens then ?? Just curious for you're collective thoughts ?

Saintsified

Bench
well our roster next year wont be far off souths or chooks, Price will be competitive, i dont think Madge or Trent wouldve done anything different at Saints without the support of management.

Steelman

Juniors
Great coach???? I don't think so great coaches prove themselves over long periods of time. ......But I can tell u for sure no matter what happens in 2014 Price will definitely NOT be dragons coach in 2015.

Minh

First Grade
He will need Souths or Melbourne Storm like form of this year to put a convincing case forward.

bottle

Coach
well our roster next year wont be far off souths or chooks, Price will be competitive, i dont think Madge or Trent wouldve done anything different at Saints without the support of management.

It will be a long from a roster of that quality unless there are some more signings of some very, very good players.

stg666

Juniors
if he won 6 from 6 steelman , why would you entertain the thought of changing . absolute lunacy .

dragondonar1

Juniors
I don't agree with prices coaching but my gut is telling me to give him and chance. I think he lacks the experience coaching a team that is running on old legs. In his favour is the players like him. If he can make the players respect and play for each other is the question.
For this to happen doust needs to butt out and let him so his job.
If he wins his first 6 something that will surprise me because new team, players need a few games to gel than I'd be very happy. I hope he can win 6 out of 10 games, than get better as the season goes.
If this doesn't happen sack him and appoint sheens.

Last edited:

RedVDave

First Grade
I would be impressed if Price could manage six wins in the entire season next year, won't hold my breath though.

Twenty10

Juniors
What happens if next year with a new roster Price is given just for arguements sake six games to prove himself and WINS THE LOT.. What happens then ?? Just curious for you're collective thoughts ?

We won't win them... So the hypothetical isn't worth thinkin about,

nrlnrl

First Grade

there are only a few forwards to be added & they will be for depth, not stars - so the roster won't be as good as Roosters or Rabbitohs

TheRev

First Grade
Buying a few decent players doesnt turn you into a Top 4 or even Top 8 team, its not moneyball, they have to be coached and motivated, they all have to play at a level we didnt realise they were capable of individually and as a team....

Price he has shown a thousand times over that he cant bring out anywhere near the best in our current players, most of which are still there next year.. we will win more games than this year but im looking for much more.

I would be very happy to see Steve Price succeed as a coach, and would rather eat truck loads of humble pie seeing him succeed then to continue the way we are now, or persevere for the time it takes a new Coach to make a difference.

But if there was just something.... anything, that you could say of Steve Price where you can honestly say he has added value to the Team ...in some department, and be confident of some way forward with new signings.

If he was a great football brain, or a great tactician, or a great leader or mentor to younger players, or if he was tough, or articulate, or inspirational, or passionate, or if he could instill discipline of any sort in the team that shows on the field; if there were players that are outstanding because of the difference HE makes ...

Honestly, I know not where, and "the players like him" in my book means nothing. I'm sure they all like the Easter Bunny too.

Yes, we will win more games, but he will not maximise the potential of any individual, or within the team.

Still, I hope he proves me wrong.

BennyV

Referee
I would be very happy to see Steve Price succeed as a coach, and would rather eat truck loads of humble pie seeing him succeed then to continue the way we are now, or persevere for the time it takes a new Coach to make a difference.

But if there was just something.... anything, that you could say of Steve Price where you can honestly say he has added value to the Team ...in some department, and be confident of some way forward with new signings.

If he was a great football brain, or a great tactician, or a great leader or mentor to younger players, or if he was tough, or articulate, or inspirational, or passionate, or if he could instill discipline of any sort in the team that shows on the field; if there were players that are outstanding because of the difference HE makes ...

Honestly, I know not where, and "the players like him" in my book means nothing. I'm sure they all like the Easter Bunny too.

Yes, we will win more games, but he will not maximise the potential of any individual, or within the team.

Still, I hope he proves me wrong.

This Easter Bunny...can he coach?

KiamaSaint

Coach
I heard many singing that same tune last season. "With the new players he got for 2013 we need to give him six games to prove himself", me included.

Price has proved himself, proved himself to be a dud.

Latest posts