What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happens if ???

Elias1983

Coach
Simple really.

With the roster he has next year, management should set it out all very clear.

IMO it should like this:

Miss the 8 - Sack

6-8 - Sack if there is a better option, if not then activate the extra year.

5th and higher - Give him the extra year.

Don't get all happy if he wins the first 5-6 games, see how he goes with this roster over a whole season. Let's see how he handles a team that has more attacking arsenal than this years team.

Mr Red

First Grade
i dont care too much about whether we win 6/6 or 2/6 to start next season... it depends on whether into his 3rd year as coach Price has finally demonstrated he can put together a game plan and some solid attacking structure...

i doubt the above will happen given what we have seen the last 2 seasons, i expect there will be people criticising Widdop ... "he cant play without the big 3... blah blah.." when in fact it will be yet another example of Price no being able to get the best out of players... and seeing players go backwards in terms of their potential..

Apart from a few 'elite' coaches, all the rest are always on the brink of being sacked.
It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.
Price doesn't have many runs on the board, so it will only take a better quality candidate to present himself, and Price will be gone.
The club has already indicated their intentions in this regard by pursuing Bellamy.

twinkletoes

Juniors
I for one do not want to take the risk and find out after 6 games that we are in the same position as this year...we then find an interim coach and 2014 is another wasted year.

Price has shown no skills when it comes to coaching, he is stubborn and arrogant, he does not learn from mistakes, he is totally lacking when it comes to tactics, and he cannot motivate his players...he shows no passion when talking to players.

Once again if the team fails to perform up to standard next year, will all the apologists for Price say well he had no input into the recruiting as seems to be the case this year as well.

I as a passionate Dragons supporter am not willing to risk the 2014 season as well as 2012 & 2013 to see whether we can buy him a team that will cover up his lack of coaching ability

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I heard many singing that same tune last season. "With the new players he got for 2013 we need to give him six games to prove himself", me included.

Price has proved himself, proved himself to be a dud.

Spot on Kiama. Last year it was Hornby and Young were too old. Poor Price had bad roster. 2013 will be much better with new blood.

2013 ended up being worse. Now some say 2014 will be his year.

If he was any good he would show gradual improvement not go worse. Look at the attack guys. Worse than last year. Even Parra scored 10 when they got 50 put on them. You think 1 year under his belt he will be better for it. Potter has had a much worse lineup especially with injuries and backroom drama's and still performed better. Flannagan got sacked at the start of the year and re-instated, had ASADA on his back and has performed better than Price. Cleary's roster at the start of the season had wooden spoon all over it look at them now and he also had to deal with a stack of injuries. There is no excuse at all as compared to other NRL coaches ahead of him he has had no way near as much or worse stuff to deal with. Which NRL coach has had the luxury of replacing their injured fullback with the current NSW one as well as get rid of an Ex NSW 5/8? Some have short memories.

For all those who want to blame the roster, I am sure if they got rid of Cooper, Prior, Fein, or whoever you want to blame this year you would be feeling the same way if not worse. If the roster was that bad then why let go of Soward?

Godz Illa

Coach
Because Soward was part of the problem. I don't think our roster was that bad either. Just the halves. Fien is a makeshift half who seems to be sprinkling one absolute shocker among a bunch of solid games but even he was outperforming Soward. The roster could use a few tweaks and improvements but what it really needs is an overhaul of the halves, which it is getting next year.

I'm still not convinced that Price can get the best out of them, but they do offer him something decent to work with, no doubt.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Another note, Price apparantly worked on our "OFFENCE" all off season. Do you really want this guy to have the team for another off season judging by results he has achieved this season on the Dragons attack. Especially if this off season he works on the defence..........

But lets blame Kyle Stanley for this season's attack not being good. Not Priceb, and lets hope Widdop or Williams does not get injured next season because there is no plan B. Actually PLAN B is blame the injuries or roster. Sorry forgot.

If the roster was that bad then why let go of Soward?

Doust's own words regarding Soward:

"the way the board understood that, and that includes me, was that there were genuine feeling of his contribution to team performance and day-to-day activities were not up to the standards that were being set."

It's up to the club, coach and players to maintain the standards. If Soward wasn't buying in to it all then he had to go. Simple as that.

Cagey Mac

Bench
What happens if next year with a new roster Price is given just for arguements sake six games to prove himself and WINS THE LOT.. What happens then ?? Just curious for you're collective thoughts ?

So Price has been to confession and you've made him learn to coach over the off season as penance?

It's more likely a question to ask "What if the Greens win the election and Rugby League teams must at least 50% women playing would you choose Lisa Alexander as co-coach"

Price would have remote chance of winning six in a row next season if we signed Greg Inglis, Cameron Smith, Cooper Cronk and Sam Burgess. But even then I'd still give you odds against it

jenninga

First Grade
I for one do not want to take the risk and find out after 6 games that we are in the same position as this year...we then find an interim coach and 2014 is another wasted year.

Price has shown no skills when it comes to coaching, he is stubborn and arrogant, he does not learn from mistakes, he is totally lacking when it comes to tactics, and he cannot motivate his players...he shows no passion when talking to players.

Once again if the team fails to perform up to standard next year, will all the apologists for Price say well he had no input into the recruiting as seems to be the case this year as well.

I as a passionate Dragons supporter am not willing to risk the 2014 season as well as 2012 & 2013 to see whether we can buy him a team that will cover up his lack of coaching ability

And Bennett does show passion when talking to his players does he,do you sit in on team talks also.Sure we have struggled this year without some quality in the halves and centres but the guys have never thrown in the towel,only when we have sruggled to score points it is inevitable that we will leak points towards the end of games.
And i find it amusing when people label themselves passionate fans,we are all passionate about our team.

mickeylane

Bench
Keep Price away from our team in 2014!! he has no idea, no structures, no defensive pattern, no attacking structures....his recruitment for 2013 was abysmal.....please he has proven he has nothing!

Puff

First Grade
6/6 next year with Price as coach. I will be putting my house on pig number 6 to win the Kogarah Annual Pig flying contest, and you should all do the same.

Smurf

Juniors
I am more concerned on how many games we will win this year
Looking at draw -- maybe two
If thats the case Price is gone this year !

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Hopefully Meninga retires after tonight and Price gets the QLD job. NSW are then guaranteed to win next season.

QLD not losing 7 or after tonight 8 series sounds like the type of record Pricey will break. He is good at that.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Hopefully Meninga retires after tonight and Price gets the QLD job. NSW are then guaranteed to win next season.

QLD not losing 7 or after tonight 8 series sounds like the type of record Pricey will break. He is good at that.

Cameron Smith to halfback
Inglis to Lock
Billy Slater dropped

Mr Red

First Grade
Cameron Smith to halfback
Inglis to Lock
Billy Slater dropped

unfortunately SMith could make a decent half, and Inglis could make a decent lock.. so thats not really logical for Price..

it would be Nate Myles to half, Darius Boyd to prop...

TheRev

First Grade
Keep Price away from our team in 2014!! he has no idea, no structures, no defensive pattern, no attacking structures....his recruitment for 2013 was abysmal.....please he has proven he has nothing!
its not just his recruitment either, its the selection of the troops he actually has, how did Chase get selected at 5/8 and even selected.. how did he stay there for 5 rounds? Its another example (and there are plenty) that he cant match the reality with the vision in his head.. you cant keep burning months at a time with ridiculous selections... while the teams confidence withers & the pressure mounts to make the 8.

He didnt even have a backup plan in the cutters during that 5 weeks, he makes my blood boil with how poor he is at managing the squad(s).

twinkletoes

Juniors
And Bennett does show passion when talking to his players does he,do you sit in on team talks also.Sure we have struggled this year without some quality in the halves and centres but the guys have never thrown in the towel,only when we have sruggled to score points it is inevitable that we will leak points towards the end of games.
And i find it amusing when people label themselves passionate fans,we are all passionate about our team.

Unfortunately your are one of the apologists for Price and it seems you are quite happy to go along with the same regime of coaching for next year and waste another year in the wilderness all for the sake of "Lets give him a fair go"...he's only had 2 seasons and in that time we have gone backwards in all facets of our game.

The playing roster this year was stronger than last year with the addition of a number of players. We even secured Josh Dugan this year and still we continue to go backwards in attack, defence, position on the ladder etc.

OK lets all be gentlemen and give him another year to see if after 3 seasons he can improve anything...

karuah6

Juniors
Unfortunately your are one of the apologists for Price and it seems you are quite happy to go along with the same regime of coaching for next year and waste another year in the wilderness all for the sake of "Lets give him a fair go"...he's only had 2 seasons and in that time we have gone backwards in all facets of our game.

The playing roster this year was stronger than last year with the addition of a number of players. We even secured Josh Dugan this year and still we continue to go backwards in attack, defence, position on the ladder etc.

OK lets all be gentlemen and give him another year to see if after 3 seasons he can improve anything...

This is getting bloody boring. Lets get on & support the club if some of you know how. Price will be coach next year whether you like it or not.

Latest posts