What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What has WWE got that TNA hasnt got?

Caught a bit of TNA at a mates house last night and was very impressed. The tag team matches are entertaining, which is a start for me. The wrestling is awesome, like its not typical brawling, these guys have skill! Im sure most of you know this by now, so tell me, what hasnt TNA got which is holding them back from overtaking the WWE?

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
A decent TV deal...

I too enjoy TNA, the x division is incredible to watch.

Also TNA needs someone to run the company better then jeff jarett and etc..

Raider_69

Post Whore
they are missing a good TV deal and a few big name head liners
Jeff Jarett doesnt cut the mustard... lets say they got 3 big names - Jericho, Beniot and another... then they would be well on their way to taking on WWE legitamately

Gold Coast

Juniors
Manurewa_Marlins said:
what hasnt TNA got which is holding them back from overtaking the WWE?

They will NEVER overtake WWE. It all comes down to money & Vince has a sh*t load of it

Xaon

Juniors
Gold Coast said:
They will NEVER overtake WWE. It all comes down to money & Vince has a sh*t load of it

Exactly. Money will capture the mainstream market and WWE would only be stopped until something big happens in an already large company (I.E WCW 1996)

I enjoy TNA more than WWE currently because the matches are more entertaining and there's not a overwhelming amount of mic work which doesn't sit well with me, a little is good though. Their new TV deal will help them but they'll never overtake WWE without a substancial amount of money and lots of big name main eventers, they'd only get them if the WWE released them or the Wreslers themselves would turn on the company.

TNA don't have the $$$ to make inroads into WWE. They're reduced simply to a cult status but i like that.

IanG

Coach
Hence why WCW was competing for as longa s it did cuz Turner was pouring money into it and giving guarentees to talent

PARANoIR

Bench
canberra_raiders2k2 said:
A decent TV deal...

I too enjoy TNA, the x division is incredible to watch.

They've just got Spike TV secured as Raw is leaving that network.

How have you guys all seen TNA? I've never actually got to watch it, due to the fact Austar don't screen it.

Misanthrope

Staff member

That's not necessarily true. WCW proved it could beat WWE once it had its own source of money. I'm not a WCW fan (never was) but don't believe the WWE side of the story. They didn't 'put WCW out of business' as much as sh*thouse management put WCW out of business. If TNA had backing, it could overtake sometime down the track.

Secondly, to answer the main question is that they lack serious mainstream draws. Guys like AJ Styles, Low-Ki, and co are tremendous wrestlers but they haven't got the mainstream marketability of a Rock or HHH or Chris Jericho. I don't know if they need to lure guys like Jericho to 'the dark side' or just work on fostering some of their own. Jarrett's position at the top of the mountain definitely doesn't help matters.

aussies1st

Staff member
TV deals and history of the WWE. Fans won't move from WWE to watch TNA. It isn't big enough and when wrestling is mentioned it is always WWE, TNA never gets a mention.

bender

Juniors
CAn you TNA fans please tell me the difference between the Vince Russo TNA and the Vince Russo WCW rubbish he served up that eventually sent WCW out of business.

Parra_Eels said:
is tna gonna be shown in aus when they debut on spike in the us?

Do they even have a weekly show I thought it was just PPV and no matter how good the wrestling is no one but diehards will fork out $20 a week.

bender

Juniors
Looking at the TNA roster, the guys with a bit of a name outside of TNA that I recognised are:

Kevin Nash (wwe/wcw main eventer)
Jeff Jarrett (wwe/wcw mid carder/upper carder)
Jimmy Hart (wwe/wcw all time great manager)
Road Dog Jesse James (wwe lower/mid carder/Tag team)
Raven (wwe/wcw lower carder)
Konnan (wcw mid carder)
Xpac/Sixx (wcw mid carder)
Rhino (wwe mid carder)
Zac Gowan (wwe lower carder)
Kip James (looks like Billy Gun from the photos)
Jeff Hardy (WWE lower card/tag team)
Jerry Lynn (WWE lower card)
Sabu (ECW midcarder)

They also have AJ Styles and teh Fallen Angel Christopher Daniels who have been around for a while. I cant imagine that group of wrestlers propelling them all the way to wwe level. It would take a massive talent change.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I cant imagine that group of wrestlers propelling them all the way to wwe level. It would take a massive talent change.

I hope you mean 'talent' in the collective term. In terms of in ring ability the likes of Styles, Daniels, Lynn, and Konnan are definitely well above several of the WWE's biggest draws. What they really need is more charismatic workers. Low-Ki and Jarret can talk, but they're just not in the same league as guys like Rock or Stone Cold.

tiburon

Juniors
bender said:
CAn you TNA fans please tell me the difference between the Vince Russo TNA and the Vince Russo WCW rubbish he served up that eventually sent WCW out of business.

Russo has no ties with TNA anymore.

Latest posts