What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What I dont understand is.....

Bunny Boy

Juniors
...and I dont want to sound like a grouch, but why havent the developers made left footed kickers aswell as better facial features.

Dont get me wrong ill play the game regardless and have already pre ordered, but there are some things that just need to be there. Would it have been THAT difficult to make Covell, Lockyer etc left footed kickers for the sake of realism?

And games like Fifa football are special because of the likeness they have to the real players, that is what I was hoping this game was going to be like but it seems it wont happen.

I to hope gameplay is good, and im sure it will be, and im extremely excited about the slow-mo kicking option during the match, thats awsome, BUT a bit more realism like players faces wouldnt have been bad, and would have made the game THAT BIT better!

Excuse the rant but it needed to be said....

Priddo

Juniors
Bunny Boy said:
...and I dont want to sound like a grouch, but why havent the developers made left footed kickers aswell as better facial features.

Dont get me wrong ill play the game regardless and have already pre ordered, but there are some things that just need to be there. Would it have been THAT difficult to make Covell, Lockyer etc left footed kickers for the sake of realism?

And games like Fifa football are special because of the likeness they have to the real players, that is what I was hoping this game was going to be like but it seems it wont happen.

I to hope gameplay is good, and im sure it will be, and im extremely excited about the slow-mo kicking option during the match, thats awsome, BUT a bit more realism like players faces wouldnt have been bad, and would have made the game THAT BIT better!

Excuse the rant but it needed to be said....

all this would have taken time.....look at people already complaining about it being 15 nov..........i can't see anyone being happy for it to be delayed longer for a few more animations like left foot kickers......don't worry next version will have it im sure.

broncos4eva

Juniors
From what ive been told Bunny by Mario, the player likenesses are much much better during the day matches and also, my guess is, that because vodka took these shots while the game was actually going and he wasnt able to freeze it like sidhe are, this may have affected the quality of the pics. One other thing is that we have NO IDEA what settings Vodka had the game running on or what resolution, etc nor do we know what setup he has on his PC. These shots could have been taken from a 16MB video card!!! I think it is best no to assume, but to ask the man himself for a bit more detail on where these shots have come from before we make any judgement about the graphic detail i nthe game.

Yeah the only thing i'm disapointed with is the player faces everything else is trop notch! and I would doubt Vodkas machine is anything but a beast, sidhe would not get a beta tester with limited pc power

Mario

Juniors
Bunny Boy said:

I'll be the first to admit that there are several areas in the game that could have been improved or extended with relative ease. That is the case for the majority of videogames that are released.

Its really been a question of priorities given a limited budget and timeframe. We have implemented the features we believe to be the most important, and put as much work into the graphics as time would allow. I believe most people will be happy with the decisions we have made - in all honesty, I don't think the omission of left footed kickers will negatively affect the enjoyment people get out of the game that much.

We are in a great position to add these sorts of realism tweaks and improve graphics for the next version, in addition to adding much deeper gameplay and functionality. Hopefully this version of the game sells enough units to allow that to happen so the franchise can continue to get stronger.

Forum Idiot

Bench
Mario said:
Hopefully this version of the game sells enough units to allow that to happen so the franchise can continue to get stronger.
there is no doubt in my mind that this game will sell a shit load of copies. ive never seen so much hype for an australian video game. the gamesmen at penshurst told me that theyve never taken so many pre orders for a game before. and i never get ecxited about video games but i havent been able to get this game off my mind for any more than 10 minutes at a time snce i heard about it lats december.
this game will be huge no doubt about it and then finally we can piss madden off because well have the rugby league version of madden!!! yay!

Azkatro

First Grade
Bunny Boy said:

Mate, wake up to yourself. If you honestly expect Rugby League, a game built from scratch in its first iteration, to compare with something like FIFA (which is about to hit its 10th odd iteration), then you'll never be satisfied. Like Mario has informed us - time and budget constraints have meant some sacrifices have had to be made, so we can have a finished game on time. To round all the players of the NRL up and organise for graphic artists to map their facial contours, or alternatively build a complex face morphing system and have graphics staff spend hours getting Hindmarsh's nose "just right", is inconceivable this time around.

You get what you pay for. This game will set us back around $90. If you think about it, FIFA 2004 is probably going to be worth nearly a thousand bucks to the average consumer. Because it was the sales of the previous games that got it to where it is today. By the time we've all spent a thousand bucks on these NRL games, each, we'll be playing a game so well matured, refined and developed that it'll have been worth every cent.

But we've only spent $90 so far.

Bunny Boy

Juniors
Mario said:
Bunny Boy said:

I'll be the first to admit that there are several areas in the game that could have been improved or extended with relative ease. That is the case for the majority of videogames that are released.

Its really been a question of priorities given a limited budget and timeframe. We have implemented the features we believe to be the most important, and put as much work into the graphics as time would allow. I believe most people will be happy with the decisions we have made - in all honesty, I don't think the omission of left footed kickers will negatively affect the enjoyment people get out of the game that much.

We are in a great position to add these sorts of realism tweaks and improve graphics for the next version, in addition to adding much deeper gameplay and functionality. Hopefully this version of the game sells enough units to allow that to happen so the franchise can continue to get stronger.

Fair enough response mate.
Good luck with it all anyway.

As long as I can see Souths lifting the title in this upcoming game ill be chuffed !

:D

Rustay

Juniors
Bunny Boy said:
Mario said:
Bunny Boy said:

Fair enough response mate.
Good luck with it all anyway.

As long as I can see Souths lifting the title in this upcoming game ill be chuffed !

:D

Surely for realism sakes, they shouldn't allow that ;-)

ooh poor sharkies :(

Priddo

Juniors
fifa doesn't have likeness.

Harry Kewell doesn't look anything like Harry Kewell...unless 2004 is way improved in that area from 2003 anyway.

matty w

Juniors
Priddo said:

Harry Kewell doesn't look anything like Harry Kewell...unless 2004 is way improved in that area from 2003 anyway.
Fifa 2003 has player likeness (realistic faces as well as usual height, weight, skin colour, hair colour, etc) on the worlds top/most recognisable players, eg Thierry Henry, Roberto Carlos, Ronaldo, David Beckham, etc. Harry Kewell's player likeness was made from just the default characteristics - but they did put him as a right footer instead of a left-footer.

locksley

Juniors
matty w said:
Priddo said:

Fifa 2003 has player likeness (realistic faces as well as usual height, weight, skin colour, hair colour, etc) on the worlds top/most recognisable players, eg Thierry Henry, Roberto Carlos, Ronaldo, David Beckham, etc. Harry Kewell's player likeness was made from just the default characteristics - but they did put him as a right footer instead of a left-footer.

fifa can have all the licenses, stats, likenesses, stadia etc that it wants... the game still plays like a pig though.... I wish people who love fifa would wake up and put pro evolution 3 in their machines.....

matty w

Juniors
locksley said:
matty w said:
Priddo said:

fifa can have all the licenses, stats, likenesses, stadia etc that it wants... the game still plays like a pig though.... I wish people who love fifa would wake up and put pro evolution 3 in their machines.....
Exactly! But pro evolution 3 isnt on xbox, and fifa is currently the best soccer game on the xbox, despite the gameplay control being flawed :(

Latest posts