What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is Jeremy Smith like as a player????

Number Seven

Juniors
Apparently my club, Hull KR , are signing Mr Smith as our new five eighth , all been well, to complement our ex Parra scrum half James Webster. Not having ever seen him play could anyone fill me in.....is he a playmaking type or the speedster type no 6.....i understand he played for the kiwi second team against the Aus "a" team the other week and got the better of a certain Trent Barrett....any truth or just hogwash??

Eelementary

Post Whore
Number Seven said:
Apparently my club, Hull KR , are signing Mr Smith as our new five eighth , all been well, to complement our ex Parra scrum half James Webster. Not having ever seen him play could anyone fill me in.....is he a playmaking type or the speedster type no 6.....i understand he played for the kiwi second team against the Aus "a" team the other week and got the better of a certain Trent Barrett....any truth or just hogwash??

He is class.

He is more of a Jason Smith type of 5/8 in the sense that he is not overly quick on his feet, but is very smart and more often than not makes the correct decisions.

He has tough defence and has a smart kicking game along with a smoothe passing game.

Good signing for you guys if true.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
All truth about his NZ A game.

If this signing is true, you'll be promoted to Super League next season easily, he and Jimmy Webster will be unstoppable. But I heard this rumour a long time ago and still nothing has happened with it yet.

half

Coach
jeremy smith played great for new zealand a against the australian invitational side. probably second best on the field, only behind point scoring machine luke covell

Number Seven

Juniors
Apparently we are waiting for paperwork to confirm his european ancestry so he can get a european passport and hence be a non quota player, James Webster being our quota player, 1 allowed only in NL1.

Encouraging comments, hope it comes off and we will then hopefully see Hull KR back in the big time in 2007, we have also made several other new signings most of which will mean nothing to you guys but we have got Francis Stephenson , a prop from London Broncos who played against Australia in 2000 and also a kid called Ben Fisher , a hooker who was with North Sydney at one time and received decent raps off Gary Larson apparently, Bradford wanted him last year but have now got Terry Newton and we have snapped up Fisher from Halifax. Any of you guys know anything about him???

bartman

Immortal
Another Hull KR and ex-Parra link is of course coach Justin Morgan.

You guys look like giving promotion to Superleague a serious shake next year, number seven. Good luck with Jeremy Smith if he can get that passport.

Stagger eel

Staff member
goodluck to Jeremy, let's hope this is the decent contract he's been after for a couple of years.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Jezza Smith!!!!!!!! noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

strider

Post Whore
half said:
jeremy smith played great for new zealand a against the australian invitational side. probably second best on the field, only behind point scoring machine luke covell

interpretation: there was no one better than jeremy on the night :roll:

girvie

Staff member
I'm a bit surprised that Jeremy Smith hasn't been signed by another nrl club if he couldn't stay at Parramatta. I though he was a good player.

Number Seven said:
Ben Fisher , a hooker who was with North Sydney at one time and received decent raps off Gary Larson apparently, Bradford wanted him last year but have now got Terry Newton and we have snapped up Fisher from Halifax. Any of you guys know anything about him???
He is a good player. He is an Asquith junior and played with the Bears for a while and he also played for the Sydney City Roosters for a while. I heard he went really well at Halifax this year. I think he won their player of the year. He also won the Bears Best and Fairest player in 2004.

Here are some photos of him from 2004:
http://www.redandblackzone.com/P%20-%202004BE28%20-%20PL%20Wests%20V%20Bears.JPG
http://www.redandblackzone.com/P%20-%202004AS01%20-%20PL%20Bulldogs%20V%20North%20Sydney.JPG

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
he's getting out of the country and away from jason williams who bashed him! :lol:
i know how he feels!! :cry: damn jason williams!