What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the latest with Scott

samshark

Juniors
Apologies for a new thread on this but I am os at the moment with limited net access.

So, has he been made an offer? Is the club holding off for the moment or is Scott holding off?

Stosic as well, whats happening with him?

Two must keeps IMO
For those in the know. Short and sharp, no rumours or pub talk.

Cheers

Sideline Eye

Juniors
f*ck me, you must be a professional newspaper reader Vossy.
Melbourne are very much in the mix, with the dragons.

PJ

First Grade
Maybe not to us BS, but obviously to someone else.

Which is odd given we have lost our first two choices as centre for next year.

Inferno

Coach
Bastard_Squad said:
Needs to prove himself first, I think he can prove (improve) himself, but no way is he worth more until he does.

Agree 100%, Im starting to sour on him a little to be honest.

Inferno said:
Agree 100%, Im starting to sour on him a little to be honest.

I'm the opposite in that regard, I think he has the ability, but he needs to learn patience, stop trying to score off every break.

ghoti

Bench
Bastard_Squad said:
I'm the opposite in that regard, I think he has the ability, but he needs to learn patience, stop trying to score off every break.
I agree. Still very immature and undisciplined but will come along in a few years time, by the looks of it, at another club. He's the sort of guy that is strangely difficult to put to the ground regardless of his momentum. I think that once he hones his footballers instincts a bit and develops a decent draw and pass he'll be a very high quality centre.

Sign him for the long term and wait for him to prosper.

!fullback!

Juniors
too many mistakes in his game. i can picture scott costing us alot of games with his silly decision making

chili pepper

Bench
ghoti said:
I agree. Still very immature and undisciplined but will come along in a few years time, by the looks of it, at another club. He's the sort of guy that is strangely difficult to put to the ground regardless of his momentum. I think that once he hones his footballers instincts a bit and develops a decent draw and pass he'll be a very high quality centre.

Sign him for the long term and wait for him to prosper.

I agree. Rough around the edges but could become a star. Just needs his bad habits coached out of his game.

Poses an interesting question though.

Should we persevere with him in the 1st grade squad if he does sign elsewhere. In saying that I suspect that one of the reasons he is regularly selected is because of his undoubted potential and ability.

But if he does move on ...should we do likewise?

If he can justify his position in the top 17 on current form with no view to the future - I say leave him in the team for sure. But if not...well why groom someone for others benefit.

Hopefully he can agree to terms with the Sharks and avoid such a scenario

Sideline Eye

Juniors
Fellow team mates see him as bit of an odd bod, not the bonding type.
Misses his mates at the dragons.
Has to be selective with his offloads and stop rushing up in defence.
Plenty of promise, quite possibly the wrong coach for him.

chili pepper

Bench
Sideline Eye said:
Fellow team mates see him as bit of an odd bod, not the bonding type.
Misses his mates at the dragons.
Has to be selective with his offloads and stop rushing up in defence.
Plenty of promise, quite possibly the wrong coach for him.

As well as Raper has done this year my gut feeling is the same. Under Bellamy he could become a star. That's not to bag Raper but some players will respond better to different coaches. Maybe Scott is such a player?