What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What jerseys for the GF?

God-King Dean

Immortal
I think both the home jerseys & Warriors flag jersey will be too dark for the NRL's.

I think it's a same bet one will be maroon/black & the other white.

The smart thing for Manly to do is wear their white jersey & Warriors go black & hope it's a hot day.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The smart thing for Manly to do is wear their white jersey & Warriors go black & hope it's a hot day.

Won't make any difference as the game won't be played in the sun- the ground should be in shadow by kick-off as daylight savings only starts later that night.

The white of the Warriors against the white and maroon of Manly is too much white.

Both teams should wear thier home jerseys - there is no clash.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
manly maroon
warriors white

we don't really need more than 10 posts on the subject, do we?

however if the warriors fancy wearing their flag jersey, or the 95 knockoff, or the jersey in my avatar, i won't complain.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I can not tell you how much I hate the original Warriors jersey. Modelling the colour of your jersey based on the sponser.... the f**k?!

Saint Doc

Coach
I respect the right of manly to wear their maroon strip, but from an unreasonable selfish point of view, I would love to see manly white vs warriors black (fern) jersey.

These are the best two jerseys each has in my opinion and would look great.

Sadly won't happen

beagle

Juniors
I think these days the NRL won't allow anything that even remotely might be a clash. Round 2, Penrith were denied the chance to wear their then away teal jersey against Parramatta's home blue, so were forced to unveil the white jersey earlier than hoped. Also, apparently the same teal jersey was considered a clash against Brisbane's home maroon. So, it seems that this weekend it will be Manly maroon and Warriors white,as maroon and black may be considered both darkish colours, and therefore clash. Unless Manly's choice is the white away jersey, or the Warriors wear the heritage again.

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
I think Ivan Cleary is going to use the mighty ducks game plan. There gonna go out get smashed in the first 40 minutes than at half time he's gonna pull out the 2002 jerseys inspiring the boys to a come from behind victory lol.

redvwhite

Juniors
So are you saying that if the Dragons made the grand final and were lower placed to another team, and their jerseys didn't clash, they'd still have to wear their red strip?? Is that the rule? I don't think it is.

dragondad

First Grade
I'm sick of the NRL making teams wear away jerseys when there is no clash.

The AFL is great with wearing of home jerseys. Let them wear their black jersey on Sunday!

beagle

Juniors
So are you saying that if the Dragons made the grand final and were lower placed to another team, and their jerseys didn't clash, they'd still have to wear their red strip?? Is that the rule? I don't think it is.

You answered your own question. Since the jerseys don't clash I would say it would be home jerseys for both teams.

beagle

Juniors
I'm sick of the NRL making teams wear away jerseys when there is no clash.

The AFL is great with wearing of home jerseys. Let them wear their black jersey on Sunday!

The AFL aren't that great, the Swans used their "clash" jersey against the Lions earlier this year

384244-swans-v-lions.jpg

dragondad

First Grade
Richmond and Essendon wear same strip and this Saturday both Collingwood and Geelong will wear home strips.

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
As long as the colours don't clash they should be able to wear whatever they want. In fact, it should be like that for all games.

Latest posts