What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What jerseys for the GF?

Just seen on Twitter:
#NRL Grand Final team strips: MANLY SEA EAGLES: maroon strip with white shorts; NZ WARRIORS: white strip with white shorts. #NRLGF

Can't say that I agree, would like to see the Warriors in black, or the flag jersey.

Goddo

Bench
384244-swans-v-lions.jpg
:lol: that ginger gimp stick insect made me spill my coffee

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I can not tell you how much I hate the original Warriors jersey. Modelling the colour of your jersey based on the sponser.... the f**k?!

Actually blue and white are the traditional Auckland sporting colours. The only bit of that jersey that came from the sponsor colours was the addition of green (DB Bitter, the then main sponsor's colours are green+red).

flippikat

Bench
Actually blue and white are the traditional Auckland sporting colours. The only bit of that jersey that came from the sponsor colours was the addition of green (DB Bitter, the then main sponsor's colours are green+red).

I honestly think dark blue, white & green or black would be great Warriors colours - using blue & white as per Auckland tradition, and adding green or black to distinguish from the Bulldogs...

sheepbender

Juniors
I can not tell you how much I hate the original Warriors jersey. Modelling the colour of your jersey based on the sponser.... the f**k?!

At no point has Blue been a colour associated with DB Bitter beer, Green and Red, yes...but not Blue, so I dont know what your on about... Blue is the traditional colour of Auckland, and perhaps they added the the Sponsors colours to the jersey, or perhaps not...Unless you have a source for your claims...

Anyway, the original 95 Jersey will always be the best jersey...

sheepbender

Juniors
I honestly think dark blue, white & green or black would be great Warriors colours - using blue & white as per Auckland tradition, and adding green or black to distinguish from the Bulldogs...

I think the Warriors need to do something similar to this years Maoris jersey.. >

Kevin+Locke+New+Zealand+Maori+v+England+toZoJK7HHohl.jpg

Or combine this with the original...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Won't make any difference as the game won't be played in the sun- the ground should be in shadow by kick-off as daylight savings only starts later that night.
Starts the morning of the GF actually :p
So are you saying that if the Dragons made the grand final and were lower placed to another team, and their jerseys didn't clash, they'd still have to wear their red strip?? Is that the rule? I don't think it is.
Unlikely tbh, only if the team was Canterbury where white is the predominant colour. Otherwise the Red V is fine.
I'm sick of the NRL making teams wear away jerseys when there is no clash.

The AFL is great with wearing of home jerseys. Let them wear their black jersey on Sunday!
To be fair, the NRL hasn't been anywhere near that bad this year. Provided jerseys contrast, many teams have been able to wear home jerseys at away matches against the home side in their home strip.

dragondad

First Grade
Starts the morning of the GF actually :p

Unlikely tbh, only if the team was Canterbury where white is the predominant colour. Otherwise the Red V is fine.

To be fair, the NRL hasn't been anywhere near that bad this year. Provided jerseys contrast, many teams have been able to wear home jerseys at away matches against the home side in their home strip.

Only Cronulla has worn their strip away from home. All other blue, maroon, black strips havent been able to be worn.

Timmah

Staff member
Bulldogs wore their home strip away many times. As did Penrith. Brisbane a few times... not sure what you're getting at :?

dragondad

First Grade
I'm not talking about teams wearing their home jerseys away from home, I'm talking about teams who were their white away jerseys when there is no clash with their home jersey.

Repeat offenders are Brisbane, Warriors, Roosters, Newcastle and Gold Coast.

Timmah

Staff member
I know Souths have a mandate with theirs. Brisbane are repeat offenders true, however the rest - Gold Coast, Newcastle, Warriors and Roosters all seemed to wear it when there was a clash... otherwise they wore it when needed.

flippikat

Bench
I think the Warriors need to do something similar to this years Maoris jersey.. >

Kevin+Locke+New+Zealand+Maori+v+England+toZoJK7HHohl.jpg

Or combine this with the original...

Yep, that's a good colour-scheme, just RIPE for a team to adopt as their main strip.

But honestly, I strongly believe the Warriors should be Black, White & SOMETHING - to add another another colour to the palette for merchandising, distinguish themselves from the Kiwis, AND have something that can distinguish them from the Panthers & Magpies side of the Wests Tigers.

Either dark blue (from Auckland rep teams) or green would do - unless the organisers of NZ Maori teams object to the Warriors using green...

Oh, and once the change is made - KEEP IT. Having a constant colour scheme never did the Roosters, Souths or St George any harm... :)

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Black and green are the NZ Maori colours, and should be left as such, at least by the Warriors. Not a fan of an NZ based team having jerseys that are too close to the national or rep sides. I'd prefer the Warriors to go back to Auckland colours eventually, though they'd need a good alternate that didn't clash with the Cowboys or Dogs.

flippikat

Bench
Black and green are the NZ Maori colours, and should be left as such, at least by the Warriors. Not a fan of an NZ based team having jerseys that are too close to the national or rep sides. I'd prefer the Warriors to go back to Auckland colours eventually, though they'd need a good alternate that didn't clash with the Cowboys or Dogs.

I was thinking blue, black & white would work, but another option could be 2 shades of blue - royal & navy - with white...

dragondad

First Grade
I know Souths have a mandate with theirs. Brisbane are repeat offenders true, however the rest - Gold Coast, Newcastle, Warriors and Roosters all seemed to wear it when there was a clash... otherwise they wore it when needed.

Some examples, Gold Coast wore white against the Tigers at Campbelltown. Roosters white against Tigers at Campbelltown, Warriors white against Dragons red in Wollongong.

Latest posts