What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What kind of team would you possibly name for next week...

Abdullah

Juniors
Please warriors wannabes....dont turn up at all...you are all an embarrassment to the great game of rugby league...not one of you deserve to put on a warriors jersey...you want to know why?...well simply because you are a bunch of lilly livered pussies...NOT warriors!v

Damarky

Juniors
1.Sam Tomkins I mean Fisiahi i guess or Locke not back
2.Ngani Laumape
3.Dane Nielsen
4.Konrad Hurrell
5.Manu Vatuvei
6.Feleti Mateo
7.Shaun Johnson (hes just got to come right) f**k it Harry Siejka
8.Ben Matulino (he must be so sick of all the the others props only making 50 metre average)
9.Thomas Leuluai (do whats best for the team)
10.Lillyman (the only other prop this session to get over 100m Useless)
11.Feleti Mateo
12.Ben Henry
13.Simon Mannering
14.Mara
15.Russell (step up merkin!, run it up)
16.Sam Rapira (Come on bro engine room)
17.Sebastine Ikahihfo

captainwarrior

Juniors
^ Based on the teams efforts this year, Friend is the last person from the team I'd drop. One of only a few that is trying week in week out.

All you guys need is someone to fire the boys up !...you always turn up against the Storm so why not do it every week ?.

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
1. Locke (If he's injured than maybe Tuimavave or Ropati definitely not Fish)
2. Laumape
3. Hurrell
4. Neilsen
5. Vatuvei
6. Johnson
7. Siejka (Kicking duties also)
8. Matulino
9. Friend
10. Lillyman
11. Mateo
12. Mannering (c)
13. Taylor

14. Leuleuai
15. Packer
16. Rapira
17. Palavi

hitman82

Bench
Now the dust has settled and we have Nielsen and Locke back:

1 Locke
2 Laumape (I've changed my mind; I want to see the Laumape/Hurrell combo again - no beef with Tupou)
3 Hurrell
4 Nielsen
5 Vatuvei (I realise he's a popular drop, but Manu is hitting good form - also scored a monster try to save us from gifting the Panthers their biggest ever victory)
6 Siejka (this is purely to teach Johnson a lesson, and to inject some enthusiasm)
7 Leuluai
8 Rapira
9 Friend (I won't drop Friendy purely based on his attitude, work ethic, and the fact he represents the club in a mature and intelligent manner)
10 Gubb (should be hungry for a jersey - he provides the size in this half of our propping rotation)
11 Lillyman (size in second row)
12 Mateo (challenge him to show his qualities as a leader)
13 Mannering

14 Ikahihifo (Martel sub)
15 Package (Gubb sub - size)
16 Matagi (Rapira sub - workrate prop)
17 Matulino (second row bench monster - tell him to give away shoulder charge penalties and offload)

That's probably the biggest team we can name, with some accountability drops (Johnson), not-here-next-season drops (Taylor), not-what-we-need-right-now drops (Henry, Godinet, Fish, Tupou), and you're-injured-or-may-have-been-dropped drops (Lowrie).

Youthful exuberance: Hurrell, Laumape, Siejka, Ikahihifo
Older reserve desperate for a jersey: Matagi, Gubb
Time to show you're worth it: Mateo, Manu, Lillyman, Package, Nielsen

Scott

Bench
1. Ropati - run hard Jerome, its' your best position.
2. Laumape - should never have been dropped.
3. Hurrell - he's going to make mistakes, but is a weapon with the ball & we have no strike
4. Neilson - god we miss him
5. Vatuvei - playing well
6. Mateo - give him the responsibility
7. Sjeika - time to see how he goes
8. Packer - playing alright
9. Friend (c) - all heart
10. Rapira - fire the f**k up man
11. Mannering - left edge
12. TBA
13. Matulino - middle forward

14. Locke - utility value, get into dummy half, support ball carriers
15. Lillyman - go forward, hold the ball man
16. Gubb - it's time, 20 minutes a game, can do a job
17. Matagi - see Gubb

Right, some thoughts on individuals -

Mannering needs to be relieved of the captaincy. He needs to get back to being an edge runner like back in his days as a centre. Matt Robinson absolutley carved him to pieces on Saturday night. Robinson had footwork, ability to hit a whole and a offer his outsides something. Developing nicely. The way Mannering is playing at the moment is as a right edge prop!

Fish - isn't tough enough, mentally or physically. Cut him adrift.

Tupou - over taken by Laumape imo. Laughing after the loss not a good look.

Henry - Having a giggle after the game warrants being dropped. Future leader of the club once he grows up.

Taylor - release him to Penrith now. Offers nothing.

Johnson - needs a good kick up the ass.

Tuimavave - not good enough yet. Needs 20+ games in Vulcans at #6.

Godinet - should never play in the Warriors again. Not good enough in any position, defense woeful, attitude & heart disgusting

Leuluai - is a hooker. Nothing else. A hooker! Friend should be captain & 80 minute player. No room for you Thomas. Take your ill discipline back to the UK. He has been offside at the kick off all year. I'm serious, I cringe at every kick off because this dumb prick is constantly in front.

Lowrie - injured, may be a blessing really. Not good enough.

JJ

Immortal
Every time McIvor asked something it was 30 seconds of gibberish, especially the question about the mental side of it

That's perfect then, because every time Elliott opens his mouth we get 30 s of gibberish too...

And every weekend 60-80 minutes of gibberish...

I trust there's some sort of pride in these clowns and they'll play better next week, but who knows. Much as I think Elliott is useless, they couldn't manage a half-arsed effort for Iro either, and they presumably wanted him to coach...

I'd consider dropping as many of the 17 as he can, f**k them all... default if needed, nobody wants to watch this shit, put out by overpaid pricks who can't be arsed putting in an effort

Meth

Staff member
I never get the whole 'he was laughing after a loss' thing. What do we expect? For them to be slitting their wrists?

I'm sure they're disappointed, and not enjoying being on the wrong end of these scorelines.

Scott

Bench
I never get the whole 'he was laughing after a loss' thing. What do we expect? For them to be slitting their wrists?

I'm sure they're disappointed, and not enjoying being on the wrong end of these scorelines.

Mannering looked absolutely gutted. A small part of me felt for him.

Ben Henry & Bill Tupou in particular showed their immaturity in the immediate aftermath.
If they are going to catch up with an old team mate and have a laugh about old times, then in the sheds after a shower would have been a batter option. Perception is reality, and the perception straight after the loss was that some players didn't give a shit.

Meth

Staff member
Assuming Lowrie is out and Rapira in doubt

I'd pick;

1- Locke/Fisiiahi
2- Laumape
3- Hurrell
4- Henry
5- Vatuvei
6- Leuluai
7- Johnson
8- Matulino
9- Friend
10- Rapira/Gubb (Rapira needs to turn his performances around, as do Packer and Lillyman)
11- Mateo
12- Taylor
13- Mannering

Res- Lillyman, Packer, Palavi, Godinet

I like Iafeta's idea of shifting Matulino back to lock, but I just don't think we can do it at the moment because of the way that the other props are going.

Injuries and depth are keeping a few of these blokes in the squad- nobody more than Elijah Taylor.

Juju

Juniors

Did you see the footage? I found it particularly disgusting to be honest. This was the clubs worst loss EVER, and the players don't look in the slightest way dissappointed and are in fact smiling and joking at ft.

To me it either shows a lack of intelligence or just lets me know conclusively they have given up and don't give a f$#k.

I dunno if I want to follow this playing group anymore.

All I ever want from a team is to play with some heart - wheres the Warriors gone?

ozbash

Referee
Ben Henry & Bill Tupou in particular showed their immaturity in the immediate aftermath.

bullshit.

these guys had spent most of their teens playing together and would have been as close as brothers..

f**k, some of you guys should grow up...

Scott

Bench
bullshit.

these guys had spent most of their teens playing together and would have been as close as brothers..

Mate, they were talking to Matt Robinson. Matt grew up down here in Porirua, arrived at the Junior Warriors in 2010. Yes, Ben Henry & Bill Tupou played in that NTC 2010 GF with him, but to suggest they were as close as brothers is wrong.

Again, perception is reality. Those two clowns didn't give a shit!

Fufu Andronez

First Grade

I agree with this, at first I thought it was sickening but that was just the fresh wound of the score line playing with my emotions.

Upon further thought I'm sure they weren't enjoying the loss. Being "depressed" after a loss does not show that one person has more heart than another, people react differently in all situations we are not all robots.

The Heart of the squad will be shown in the way they respond on the field this week.

bullshit.

i'd love to have heard your opinion if that was Dane, Lowrie or Lillyman out there after the game acting like they had front row seats at a 1983 performance of Eddie Murphy's Delirious.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I would like Seijka to be coming in for Godinet with Leuleuai taking Godinets #14 role. Prob Won't happen though, would also like to see Laumape back in and Taylor gone.

Penrose11

Juniors
I know there'll b a change or two but I'd like to see players picked in natural positions. Pick a natural centres ie Hurrell Laumape or hopefully Neilson. No more make shift selections ie Henry n Tui.

I'd also like to see a big team picked. No Taylor off the bench but a bigger player who can make an impact. Along those lines I'd have Mutalino starting at 12 and Mannering at 13. I'd start with Packer n Matagi and givethem a licence to hurt players. Nothing cheap but to be there to create some damage.

We've gotta set the standard in the forwards. The platform starts up front we all know that. Win the battle in the tight before going wide.