What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What matches to go and see?

druzik

Juniors
OK so I am back from all my travels and have several weekends where I can actually go and watch some rugby league.

So out of curiosity, where do you think I should go? Which game are you most curious about knowing from an outsiders opinion?

Since all the locla USARL teams for me are playing away they are out (next week I will see the fight!)

The chocies left for me are two of the AMNRL games. I can either see:
1. The Sharks take on the Raiders at 12pm at Buchanan Elementary School, levitown PA Google Map view here and is a 30 min drive for me.
OR
2. I can go to the Brandywine Rugby Fields in West grove PA at 1 pm Google Maps view here which is a 2 hour drive for me.

What do people think? Where should I go?

amnrlfan

Juniors
June 9th USA vs Canada (Union) looks like ex NY Knights / Tomahawk, Luke Hume will be suiting up

http://usarugby.org/#cc=[Application]\\Structure\\Content\\Brand%20Resource%20Center\\Content\\Home\\20907F3F-1296-67BD-B97F-842B448A46E7\\23181D59-134B-5319-F060-CE40C1E783BA\\20907F3F-129A-9F7E-0EE8-58746527276F\\208D7949-129A-AF2C-BAC5-68E8C0A2C72E{{Tab%3AView}}

deal.with.it

Juniors
As much as u probs dont want to drive 2 hours, it would be good if you can check out the bulls to see if pope, dawn and britt are playing.
And also ask Niu what happened to Ben Kelly and Damien O'Malveney. Who are they playing for since the fairfield county crocs don't seem to exist...

druzik

Juniors
Apple and Kenny did play last week for Aston that much I know.

I don't mind the 2 hour trip... just means I would have to sacrifice the Sharks game.

islandlion

Juniors
The Raiders really shocked the Sharks at the beginning of last weeks game going up 18 to nil. It wasn't til the second half that the Sharks were able to really put the pieces together. The Raiders have a couple of strong imports that gave the Sharks real trouble. Now that the Sharks have seen the competition and have a week to prepare for the Raiders I think this could be a very good game. Not to mention the Sharkies will be at home with a full strength side....someone posted recently that this is the year of the Shark. If so, getting a win this weekend is of the utmost importance. I think we see the resilient Sharks throw everything they have at the Raiders this weekend to try and keep from starting the season 0-2. Check this one out for us Druzik.

islandlion

Juniors
As much as u probs dont want to drive 2 hours, it would be good if you can check out the bulls to see if pope, dawn and britt are playing.
And also ask Niu what happened to Ben Kelly and Damien O'Malveney. Who are they playing for since the fairfield county crocs don't seem to exist...

Britt and Pope played last saturday for the Bulls and its a good thing they did. Without them and Kevin Wiggins (Philly Fight 2011 MVP) the Bulls would have been beaten by fifty. No Akarika Dawn sighting. Not sure who they are playing for but Kelly and O'Malveney were on the sideline running water and helping coach the Bulls.

deluded pom?

Coach
Think of the environment dru and take the shorter drive to watch the Sharks v Raiders, preferably with a full car so as to minimise fuel consumption.

GTL

Juniors
I suggest you go to Baltimore and watch the Fight play the Blue Claws. Then I suggest watching the same game next week in Philly. It makes no sense to have an expansion side play the runner ups Warriors first week then play the Champs the Fight the next two weeks. Then to top it off make them fly to Jacksonville. Not very fair for Baltimore who is starting a club at the grass roots level.
On the otherhand maybe you should fly standby to Jacksonville and bring your kit to play for Oneida against the Axeman. I feel for the Axeman fans the game against Oneida and Baltimore will be laughers.

druzik

Juniors
I suggest you go to Baltimore and watch the Fight play the Blue Claws. Then I suggest watching the same game next week in Philly. It makes no sense to have an expansion side play the runner ups Warriors first week then play the Champs the Fight the next two weeks. Then to top it off make them fly to Jacksonville. Not very fair for Baltimore who is starting a club at the grass roots level.
On the otherhand maybe you should fly standby to Jacksonville and bring your kit to play for Oneida against the Axeman. I feel for the Axeman fans the game against Oneida and Baltimore will be laughers.

Baltimore is a bit of a hike for me, but next week I definitely will be going to the Philly game as I will also go and see the Sharks game next weekend... two good games to see I feel.

I am not sure why you think it makes no sense though??? The schedule for the USARL has been up for over 6 months, they could have easily lodged a complaint to get it changed around.

But by that logic I would say that it makes no sense that a new expansion side in the AMNRL, the NOVA eagles have had to play the Knight who are the AMNRL champions, then need to travel to a paddock in PA somewhere to play the Bulls and then also to travel to Nth Phila to play the sharks... I feel for all their fans as well.

... and we all know that not all teams had full compliments last weekend in the AMNRL either... so glass ceiling there GTL.

I want to go and watch RL, I will happily watch wither of the groups... this weekend happens that the AMNRL is the only one possible for me.

I thought in the interest of people on this form, since its the most lively when it comes to the American debate, I would see which one would be of most interest.

druzik

Juniors
Anyone know if Pope Britt and Dawn will be suiting up with the Bulls this weekend ?

They did last week... except Dawn I think... but am not sure about this week. Flying each week will be expensive if they have to do it out of their own pocket.

Fatwing15

Juniors

What kind of numbers did Baltimore have? That is a terrible draw for an expansion team. Would of been nice to see them start off against the teams from Boston.

Fighter

Juniors
What kind of numbers did Baltimore have? That is a terrible draw for an expansion team. Would of been nice to see them start off against the teams from Boston.

Guys, the idea for Baltimore was to get them a few home games to ensure a good player base and then keep travel as much to a minimum as possible and since tHe fight are the closest next to dc we drew them. It is just how it worked out with other teams like jax and rir having specific days they can have their fields.. Balt will get assistance to travel to jax from the member clubs since they are expansion.
They had 14 players last week and some decent talent just faced an always tough warriors side.

The Partisan

Head for PA game Dru.

Then along the way pop into all the backpackers, youth hostels, college dorms, libraries, bars and cafes you can manage to drum up interest, numbers and support for the game !

I'd actually be genuinely interested in you doing a story / research on home - grown supporters of our game.

druzik

Juniors
Head for PA game Dru.

Then along the way pop into all the backpackers, youth hostels, college dorms, libraries, bars and cafes you can manage to drum up interest, numbers and support for the game !

I'd actually be genuinely interested in you doing a story / research on home - grown supporters of our game.

So the Bulls game, yes?

IowaRL

Juniors
In your position, I'd go to the sharks game. If they have reserves, you get to see 2 games

druzik

Juniors
In your position, I'd go to the sharks game. If they have reserves, you get to see 2 games

Yes, I know, I was starting to lean to that, very interested in seeing the reserve game myself... like the old NSWRL days!

sharkies9

Juniors
Go see the sharks druzik. They are your local side and are going to give the raiders a proper Levittown welcome. Go the sharks!

Latest posts