What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What may not have been!!!!

Tryhard

Juniors
In all the (often) negative in NRL, how about Gagai!
Hats off to all the behind the scenes work that has and people that have gone in to giving him the support and opportunity when lets face it, it would have been warranted saying it was all to hard!

Alex28

Coach
He has also been super impressive in interviews and publicity that I have seen him do. It's a credit to him.

Joel-22

Juniors
Many in here have had their negative ideas and opinions on gagai in some relevant sense influenced by a notorious poster in here.
The truth is this:

Put Gagai in any of the top teams in the centres or on the wing and he looks like a superstar.
He's a smart footballer with decent speed, excellent footwork, tackle-breaking ability and who can set-up his winger.
He's a good person, a dedicated trainer, a competitor and a fantastic team player.

His defence is definitely suspect and he desperately needs to work on it. It's the only thing holding him back from being one of the QLD centres.

It's easy to forget that atm he's playing in a side made up almost entirely of village idiots (and admittedly some promising prospects e.g. Levi, Saifiti bros) AND to make matters more difficult for him, he's playing out of position at fullback where he has openly said he doesn't want to play but is essentially just doing it for the betterment of the team.

He's head and shoulders our best back despite Ross' purple patch of form.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Many in here have had their negative ideas and opinions on gagai in some relevant sense influenced by a notorious poster in here.
The truth is this:

Put Gagai in any of the top teams in the centres or on the wing and he looks like a superstar.
He's a smart footballer with decent speed, excellent footwork, tackle-breaking ability and who can set-up his winger.
He's a good person, a dedicated trainer, a competitor and a fantastic team player.

His defence is definitely suspect and he desperately needs to work on it. It's the only thing holding him back from being one of the QLD centres.

It's easy to forget that atm he's playing in a side made up almost entirely of village idiots (and admittedly some promising prospects e.g. Levi, Saifiti bros) AND to make matters more difficult for him, he's playing out of position at fullback where he has openly said he doesn't want to play but is essentially just doing it for the betterment of the team.

Well said. We have a superstar in the team and people still complain. The blokes head and shoulders above anyone we currently have in our squad. If he was playing for any other team his talent would be more self evident.

Still Nutty

Juniors
The truth is this:

Overall, I don't disagree with too much of this....

My issues with Gaigai are not that he isn't a talented footballer, it is that he is an expensive misfit for the role we need him to play.

He is defensively inadequate(as mentioned above) which is critical in the role he is slated to play for us at present. As fullback and part of your spine, he needs to be individually a strong defender but more importantly a quality fullback is a good defensive reader and organiser for the team from the back - apart from his individual limitations, this is a critical flaw in filling his role for this team.

I think this also goes to his ability to talk and lead on the field - it is not a criticism of him personally but an observation that his communication, particularly on the field, is very limited and it can't be if you are supposed to be barking at the defensive line and getting them to react and adjust quickly.

I understand that Brown is significantly hamstrung in the cap and current roster, but I hope he is looking hard for somebody who has these attributes above attacking prowess(and I don't know if that is Valentine Holmes?)

I think Dane can be of value to us but we already have a $500k plus winger and he is not worth his salary to us as a full back because it is not within his skill set.

The problem for us is a stronger team could probably hide his defensive issues a lot better than we can so they might match that type of money. Particularly if they could get a couple of hundred of it as TPAs

Latest posts