What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What mobile phone should I get?

Tommax25

Bench
My Dad is being given two free phones somehow, it has to do either with his work or with being with his provider for so long. He always loses his phones so he is letting me and my sister get one each. Apparently I can choose any phone that I want but I don't know what the best one is. I'm leaning towards the iPhone because that seemed popular and is a fairly recent release, but is that new blackberry better? Is there another brand that is better than these? Any input would be appreciated.

S.R.

Juniors
iPhones are rubbish.

I know so many people that wish they didn't go near them.

Jono078

Referee
iPhone, would have almost everything you want in a phone and more.

Nokia N96 would also be good.

Nokia N71's are rated highly also.

There is the Samsung INNOV8 as well.

I'd just go iPhone though :p

hellteam

First Grade
iPhone for sure. I was skeptical at first. but then i got one and its probably the best piece of technology i've ever had. The Nokia ones are alright, but a touch screen is needed for easy internet use in my opinion.

The Gambler

Juniors
iPhone's lack so many standard features found in mobile phones developed over five years ago. I would wait a while and get the next iPhone, surely going to be out in the next 12 months.

hellteam

First Grade
Not for the price.

I paid a one off fee of $68 for the phone and $69 a month for $340 worth of calls and 250mb of data (plenty enough for standard browsing of internet).

That's not expensive, not compared to the N96 which costs about $1200 or so.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Exactly. Just email the image instead of MMS.

Camera isn't that great, but that's no biggie IMO.

Everything else far outweighs these two.

sting

Bench
iPhones are rubbish.

I know so many people that wish they didn't go near them.

do you have one yourself? i don't think you do otherwise you wouldn't be talking such sh*t. rubbish? yeh right. i bet you're one of those f**kwits that pays the sh*t out of everything despite having something crap yourself. like car buffs who pay out on awesome cars to sound knowledgable and then drive home in thei 1992 suzuki or something.

anyways

i was of the opinion that they weren't that great until i lost my old phone last thursday night, spent the whole day friday umming and ahhhing and playing with my mates iphone, and then went into the phone shop saturday morning to pick one up.

unfortunately i was in melbourne at the time so didn't get a chance to set it all up until i was home on monday night but let me tell you this, after a day and a half of having my own and setting it all up it's the best phone i've ever used.

oh and i have used a f**kload of phones i worked for a telco up until about 6 months ago

Last edited:

hellteam

First Grade
Yeah I agree people that pay them out have clearly never used them for any extended period of time. They have everything you need in a phone and much much much more.

sting

Bench
do you have it insured?

i only had 2 big concerns with getting mine. a) i'd lose it or b) i'd break it lol

but yeah got insurance so it should be all good!

Latest posts