What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What mobile phone should I get?

Jono078

Referee
Insurance is for chumps. Biggest con it is.

Over a few years i've spend over 2k on car insurance and what for? :x

Jono078

Referee
When your car gets stolen/broken into/run into, you'll be glad you had it.
Hmm i'm not so sure. I'll be paying close to $2000 excess, I could probably buy the same car I have now for around that much.

But the point is I havn't needed it so it's BS. I reckon people are better off storing it in some bank account then use it when you need to.

But anyway... iPhone ftw!

Frederick

Staff member
I suppose it depends on what you're paying insurance for. If it's a second-hand car where the excess is more than the car was worth, sure, not worth it. Brand new though, you'd be insane not to get insurance. Sorta same principle can be applied to the phone, although it pretty much comes down to how much the excess is. The phone itself is worth close to $1000, so I thought it'd be silly not to get the insurance

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don't have an i-Phone, but would gladly get one. I have a Blackberry Curve 8310 (I think) and it's great. Love it. The only thing it's missing is 3G.

I've fiddled with the Blackberry Bold and it is a sweet piece of machinery. I, personally, wouldn't get one simply because I now own a MacBook Air and compatability is an issue. Which is why I'd go for an i-Phone next.

sting

Bench
I suppose it depends on what you're paying insurance for. If it's a second-hand car where the excess is more than the car was worth, sure, not worth it. Brand new though, you'd be insane not to get insurance. Sorta same principle can be applied to the phone, although it pretty much comes down to how much the excess is. The phone itself is worth close to $1000, so I thought it'd be silly not to get the insurance

exactly, insurance for a phone is like 8 bucks a month with $125 excess. how is that not worth it?

HevyDevy

Coach

You still need 3rd party property though.

Just because someone drives a sh*tbox doesn't mean they can't run up the back of a Mercedes.

saint-colesy

Juniors
My insurance was a con. I crashed into a gutter once cost me $1200, then my car got vandalised and they still wanted to charge me $500 or so when i did f**k all. Car got written off in the end so it didnt matter, but im with jono on this one.

azzah72

Bench
Back to the phones...

I have the Samsung Innov8, best phone on the market IMO.

Had an Iphone, didn't see what the fuss was about. Not very good.

Innov8 does all the iphone does + 8pm camera, video call, easier to text because it has a bloody keypad.

Video support and online is nicer on the Innov8 as well, Navigation, etc etc.

Very Nice phone, feels solid, not flimsy.

Or if you like Touch screens, allthough i haven't used it, the touch version is caller the omnia, seems nice as well.

Have a few friends that went to the omnia from the Iphone and say its heaps better.

Latest posts