What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What more can possibly go wrong in 07

two incidents highlight somethin to me last nite..the first was a dummyhalf scoot in the first half..No4 for goosters where he went sraight up the middle of outr forwards and reynoldson stood there and did NOTHING..he should have been swatted!.gidley ankle taps him but they score next play
We had then after patteron dropped that bomb on thrir 20 m line and the ref pulls out a bullsh*t penalty to carry them down field...you always ahd the feelin that the roosters were going to crack us as they had lots of bodie in motion with the ball and this did us in the end with the try
God on freddie for turnignm them around ..but..just a lil commitment to detail and we would have got that one..so souths..titans..goosters..equals 6 points..tho if the stars cant make it back soon we will win very few games at all

Ranger Jace

Juniors
The 5 or so Monday night games the Knights have had could also be a factor to the injuries, less recovery time?

Nuffy

Bench
The simple fact is that we play dumb far too often.

Up by one with 5 to play and we go for the AJ bomb, poor executed and it gives the Rorters a chance at the play.

What about a grubber to build pressure and get the ball back.................exactly what the chooks did at the other end to win the game.

We have no patience and are always looking for the miracle play, theres plenty of athletes in that team but not a football brain amongst them. We don't have Joey anymore, we need to do the simple things very well and play a high percentage game, last night was another example where we just play dumb football too many times per game to give ourselves a chance to win the close ones.

Burwood

Bench
Holla if ya hear me said:
two incidents highlight somethin to me last nite..the first was a dummyhalf scoot in the first half..No4 for goosters where he went sraight up the middle of outr forwards and reynoldson stood there and did NOTHING..he should have been swatted!.gidley ankle taps him but they score next play

In all fairness to Reynoldson, Archer was very vocal in calling him out of the play because he never retreated the 10m. But in hindsight, it probably would have been better for Reynoldson to have taken one for the team and concede the obvious penalty.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Lets put this negativity to one side for just one second and lets look at this season realistically.

The way I look at it is this:

If someone had have said to me at the beginning of the season that Johns would play 84 minutes of the season and with seven rounds remaining we'd still be in the mix to make the semis, I would have laughed at them.

This year, regardless of the injuries, which need to be looked at, has enabled us to bring through some of our promising youngsters that we've been talking about for several years now. The likes of Walsh, Paterson, Seu Seu and Snowden to an extent, allowing them time to play with the big boys can only benefit us in the long run. We probably won't make the eight now, but I have seen enough from this team to tell me that in the coming years, we're going to be a force in the NRL.

We've been competitive in 15 of our 18 matches and in three of those 15 matches, all at home, we've lost by 4 points or less. Combine that with the Titans last gasp loss, and over time, the experience gained by our young blokes in how to win those tight games and close them out, will benefit us in years to come. We win three of those four, and we're sitting pretty in third position.

Whats Doing

Bench
Nuffy said:
The simple fact is that we play dumb far too often.

Like when Seu Seu went from dummy half from 3 metres out after we split them down the middle. Its basic footy knowldge that when the the defence has been split rwide open, you move the ball away from the ruck. If ever there was nospam29 and a ball hog, this was it and it cost a near certain try which would have put us in front at half time and a different ball game.

The more I see of him, the less I am impressed.

Burwood said:
In all fairness to Reynoldson, Archer was very vocal in calling him out of the play because he never retreated the 10m. But in hindsight, it probably would have been better for Reynoldson to have taken one for the team and concede the obvious penalty.
ahh ok..but i did look shocking at the ground and on the screen there..but was a huge hole that wasnt filled by anybody..dummy half scoots should really be squashed tho

Latest posts