What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

PJ

First Grade
I just watched this yesterday (to complete a watch of all the best film nominees) and thought it was great. I had genuinely no idea where it was going at any given time and the antagonist and protagonist seemed to vary throughout the film.

Agreed.

I also think that there were so many subleties I missed that Koreans would have picked up on.

Matua

Bench
Agreed.

I also think that there were so many subleties I missed that Koreans would have picked up on.
Funnily enough I just text my Korean friend to ask about this exact question.

I've got a mild obsession with the Mum (wealthy) now after watching this, she's a stunner.

shiznit

Coach
Terminator Dark Fate....

lZvQBe.gif

shiznit

Coach
Pretty much. I was mildly enterained by it on the big screen. Watching it on the smaller screen i noticed a 'few' flaws. Is it worse than Genysiysis? thats a very low bar

The thing with Genisys... it was terrible... but at least they tried to flip the story.... they changed up the narrative somewhat.

And I’m probably the only person on earth that enjoyed Salvation... I liked the gritty style and I liked Bale’s take on John Connor.

this film however... all they did was change skynet to legion and the identity of the future leader... everything else was stock standard terminator.

and anything original they did was silly... the lowest point was probably Carl talking about drapes... SMH

Wizardman

First Grade
The thing with Genisys... it was terrible... but at least they tried to flip the story.... they changed up the narrative somewhat.

And I’m probably the only person on earth that enjoyed Salvation... I liked the gritty style and I liked Bale’s take on John Connor.

this film however... all they did was change skynet to legion and the identity of the future leader... everything else was stock standard terminator.

and anything original they did was silly... the lowest point was probably Carl talking about drapes... SMH
I still don't understand what Genisys is about. I've asked two intelligent people I know what the movie was about. They could not tell me with a degree of clarity.

PJ

First Grade
Hidden Gems 8-8.5. Very tense, well told and well acted. For mineSandler was , contradictatorily I guess, both acting very well but at the same time I couldn't forget I was watching Adam Sandler.

Took a few turns that were a little different to what I was expecting, so that was nice.

Hustlers. 6.5. Decent enough and based on a true story btu I'd guess loosely. The four main characters were straight out of the handbook for race diversification, but they could have been exactly as it was. I just couldn't get into the lead character as a stripper. Pretty, but for mine she was in no way sensual like J Lo was so that took me out of the story a bit.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid 1-3

Decent enough fun & entertainment for the kids. We've seen them before but as it is school holidays we've watched them again over three days. Hot mum too...

Somehow the "reboot / sequeal " 4th film's disc was "missing". That's because it's utter dogshit and I hid the disc. This didn't seem to disappoint my sons as they agreed, unanimously and without any input from me, that it was 'a bit crap...not as good as the original cast'. Lol. Alicia Silverstone was cast as the mum in this. Her Batman role was Oscar worthy against this.

Madagascar 1-3
A really entertaining trilogy of animated films. The voice work is great and the hijinks and escapades are appealling. Must say the Penguins crack me up (Smile and wave boys...smile and wave).

Sacha Baron Cohen as the lemur king is hilarious.

shiznit

Coach
Just Mercy - 8/10

really enjoyed it. Follows the getting an innocent man out of prison formula to a tee... like The Hurricane etc...

I think the point of difference here though is just the astounding way the poor guy was convicted... just mind boggling that anyone with a clear conscience could ever even think of doing that to someone.

Michael B. Jordan once again just showing why IMO he’s one of the very best young actor’s out there... really cool seeing him pull off somewhat of a period piece too... obviously not too long but he did have to tone down that kinda street smart vibe he carries naturally in his film as he was a Harvard educated lawyer working in the south...

definitely worth a watch...

shiznit

Coach
Watched it on on Disney plus love this film apparently Disney is rebooting with a female star
Funny enough it was one of the first films I took my girlfriend now my wife to watch at the movies’ the second film was terminator 2 which I saw for the 8th time that year....and for nostalgia purposes we saw it again 30th anniversary of T2 my wife was thrilled lol

:joy::joy:

I watched it on Disney+ with my kids about 3 or 4 weeks ago.

I noticed Joe Johnson made it... which made me think of how great was it that Feige gave him the reigns of the first avenger... as it was a WW2 period piece like this...

before I rewatched the Rocketeer I had no idea they did that...

King hit

Coach
Diary of a Wimpy Kid 1-3

Decent enough fun & entertainment for the kids. We've seen them before but as it is school holidays we've watched them again over three days. Hot mum too...

Somehow the "reboot / sequeal " 4th film's disc was "missing". That's because it's utter dogshit and I hid the disc. This didn't seem to disappoint my sons as they agreed, unanimously and without any input from me, that it was 'a bit crap...not as good as the original cast'. Lol. Alicia Silverstone was cast as the mum in this. Her Batman role was Oscar worthy against this.

Madagascar 1-3
A really entertaining trilogy of animated films. The voice work is great and the hijinks and escapades are appealling. Must say the Penguins crack me up (Smile and wave boys...smile and wave).

Sacha Baron Cohen as the lemur king is hilarious.
Madagascar is the best dreamworks trilogy behind Shrek of course. Voice cast and characters are excellent with some very good jokes. I remember going to see Madagascar 1 15 years ago, dad took me and my younger sisters.

Speaking of Dreamworks I watched Shark Tale again. I saw that movie a few times as a kid and was one of the first DVD's I owned. Not good at all on an adult viewing. Movie has poor animation, plot and humour. Humour just relies on fish puns and pop culture references. They reference Titanic about 5 or 6 times in 90 minutes

PJ

First Grade
Peanut Butter Falcon. 8. Tom Sawyer ish tale. Stong first 2 acts let down a bit by the last bit that gets a bit silly.