What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I thought it was great, and in a year of average best picture Oscar nominees I'm glad it won, and won big.

Maybe seeing it in the cinema might have helped?

Yeh look I’ll probably give it another chance in 12 months or so. Maybe the hype for it at the moment has made my expectations too great and I’m subconsciously judging it on that.

Also I’ll strongly considering dropping acid prior.

Wizardman

First Grade
I’ve been watching Everything, Everywhere all At Once in drive and drabs over the past week… partly because I have two young kids and barely enough time to scratch my ass but secondly because I legit just can’t get into it.

I like the idea of the movie and I usually love crazy shit like this but I found myself watching it and generally just not giving a shit about the characters or what was happening.

I kept waiting for myself to feel engaged but it just felt like a slog to continue watching it. I’m just over an hour in and I have no desire to give it another chance.

I’m in the minority obviously but don’t get the hype.
I gave it a crack one Friday afternoon after work. Like you, I just couldn't get into it and turned it off around 45 minutes in. These days, my movie viewing habits tend to have a 20 minute window (between 40-60 minutes in) where if I think a movie is going to be shit, I usually turn it off. I rarely turn a movie off before 40 minutes and the vast majority of the time, I'll plough through a movie if I make it past the hour mark. It is not something I do consciously....just a habit over the past few years.
I will give it another go when my concentration is better. Most sci-fi movies just don't grab me though.

Wizardman

First Grade
Men. 4. Don't bother, just strange and nothing real interesting.

Nope. 6 for me another fail along with us. Couple of interesting things and ideas
"Nope" is my most hated A-List movie last year. Im sure some of the things in that movie went right over my head but I just could not give a shit. Another movie I turned off between the 40-60 minute mark.

nöyd

Staff member
These days, my movie viewing habits tend to have a 20 minute window (between 40-60 minutes in) where if I think a movie is going to be shit, I usually turn it off.
sounds like me, especially with dribble like Elvis. I think I lasted half an hour before I looked at the missus and said, "sorry, I just can't".

Matua

Bench
I like both Nope and Elvis. :D

If I'm at home I'll ditch a film if I'm not feeling it but if I'm at the cinema I'll usually stick with it.

Wizardman

First Grade
I like both Nope and Elvis. :D

If I'm at home I'll ditch a film if I'm not feeling it but if I'm at the cinema I'll usually stick with it.
At the cinema, I've only walked out twice. It would take a great piece of shit film to make me walk out early.

Once was for "Knock-off" with Van Damme and Rob Schnieder in my teens. I think I lasted 30-40 minutes and I wanted out....which was extremely rare as I watched movies right through when I was younger. I rewatched it over Xmas and found it more tolerable and actually finished it. Still a crap film though.

The other time was for "Doom" with the Rock. Another rare thing about that was I walked out well past the hour mark......it was just a boring, crap film.

A movie I wanted to walk out of so badly was "Alien V Predator". Against every instinct, I pushed through to the end in the hope that it would by miracle get better....it didn't.