What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What needs to change?

What needs to change in the 1st grade squad to make them competitive and a top 4 outfit? Who do they need to sign, what positions do they need to reinforce? Who needs to go in a clean out? Do they need a new coach? Drop your thoughts here.

Panthercam

Juniors
The team should change
1. Mansour
2. Simmons
3. Whare
4. Roberts
5. Nabuli/ jennings
6. Humble
7. Walsh
8. Mc kendry
9. Segeyaro
10. Grant
11. Manu
12. Brown
13. Austin
14. Docker
15. Robinson
16. Masoe
17. Newton

Well for the next round. Whare to Centre. Wes to Bundy cup. Moylan to fullback. Newton and Ciraldo shot out of a cannon into the sun. Seg to Hooker. Kingston Windsor.Docker to lock. Two best forwards from Windsor this week on to the bench

Walsh shouldn't ever make it back. EVER! yes we got flogged last night but our forwards got smashed. Last week we spent so much time in their 20m and Walsh did sweet f**k all. Walsh also has no more improvement in his game. What he is now is what he always will be......shit

soc123_au

Staff member
Build a team around Mansour.

Really though as bad as last night was I don't think anything too drastic is needed. Throwing all our young up and comers in all at once would be stupid. As long as we phase out the players that are not in future plans this year and blood the younguns I will be happy. I would give Austin and Humble a bit more time as well.

For next week drop Wes & Ciraldo. Whare to Centre, Moylan in at the Back, Matt Robinson on the bench & Grant to start.

aqua_duck

Coach
I think the forward pack is fine, wouldn't feed Ciraldo though, I'd start Plum or Docker, or go hard at a Greg Eastwood, need 2 decent halves, can't believe Siejka was let go, I'd sign someone like a Hodkinson seeing as there's no one else available, I'd blood Vaipuna off the bench, maybe George Jennings in the centres and James Roberts at fullback with Whare into the centres or maybe even signing someone like Nathan Gardner (need to piss off all the knights rejects).
I think a team like this could be competitive for 2014;
Gardner
Roberts
Whare
Jennings
Mansour
Coote
Hodkinson
Grant
Kingston
McKendry
Manu
Brown
Eastwood

Kite
Vaipuna/Docker/Plum
Segeyaro
Cherrington

I think players that need to be shown the door are

Walsh
Tighe
Simmons
Ciraldo
Newton

Players to replace them depending on contract situations

Shaun Johnston/Todd Carney targeted
Michael Morgan targeted as back up
James Roberts elevated
Matt Moylan elevated
Frank Pritchard signed back to finish his career at home

2014 side

Moylan
Mansour
Roberts
Whare
Jennings
Austin
Carney/Johnston/Morgan
Kite
Segeyaro
Grant
Pritchard
Manu
Taylor

Latimore
Brown
McKendry
Plum
---
Coote
Humble
Cherrington
Masoe
Robinson
Simpkins
Docker

Last edited:
Hey Red&BlackBear sounds like you're almost a panthers fan now? You seem to take an interest in us. I used to be a Bears fan but walked away when they merged

Dylan Walker from Norths is a good player, he is a center who is a very good goal kicker. Good defensive reader, great attacking player and would make a decent 5/8 but like I said currently plays center. Very Lyon like. If anyone has Fox, he is playing for Norths right now.

franklin2323

Immortal
A new coach would help. Even last night with the useless Walsh. Windsor's attack was so smooth & defence was strong.

Same with u20's both are undefeated yet we are terrible in 1st yet all players train together

Hey Red&BlackBear sounds like you're almost a panthers fan now? You seem to take an interest in us. I used to be a Bears fan but walked away when they merged

Only team which I bother buying merchandise of and will actually pay to go see whe they play in QLD. I get free Souths and Cows merch and tickets but only take it because they're free but I do have time for them. I try to follow as many Panther games as I can. They have a fair bit of Bears connection to them. Mansour, Moylan, Roberts, Cleary and Fairleigh.

mxlegend99

Referee
First thing we need to do is bring in an actual fullback and drop Wes Naiqama, moving Whare to centre. Last night they both contributed 2 tries against through being in those positions. Next step is dropping Ciraldo and bringing in an actual second row/lock. Then we look at replacing Tighe and Simmons, but thats not as important as they are atleast competent at times.

Also showing some desperation and passion towards the jersey would be a start.

As for coach, not sure who is out there? Nathan Brown? Or giving David Fairleigh a go? It's slim pickings.

soc123_au

Staff member
I think Cleary needs to see out his contract at least until the "journeymen" are gone. Provided they are replaced with young players that have been groomed for those spots. Then we can see what he has got.

murraymob

Coach
we need to start with player accountability .They know there in firsts next week no matter how bad they play

Teams being picked on form.Matt moylan was Windsors best last year and a standout this year still no games

As for targeting postions.We are fine in the forwards with our current and future u20 kids blending in.We need centers and halves thats where we are not competing with any team

Latest posts