What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What needs to change?

If all these changes were made from round 1 we'd be see some positives by now. Probably have the same number of wins but we would have been much better off. Playing players like Ciraldo for example just doesn't make any sense at all

betcats

Referee
Going by what Gus is saying on twitter i wouldnt expect anything too drastic, he doesnt think we played that bad, even said Whare was good other then being "outjumped twice".

I have no idea what Ivan is doing, he seems fairly f**ken clueless so far.

Big Mick

Referee
1. Matt Moylan - Don't care about his size any more. Just give him a go. If he fails then whatever
2. Josh Mansour
3. Dean Whare - HAS TO BE IN THE CENTRES FFS I'VE SAID THIS SINCE f**kING PRE-SEASON
4. Brad Tighe - Roberts as soon as he is fit
5. Travis Robinson
6. Blake Austin
7. Tom Humble
8. Sam McKendry
9. James Segeyaro
10. Tim Grant
11. Sika Manu
12. Matt Robinson
13. Lewis Brown

14. Nigel Plum
15. Mose Masoe
16. Adam Docker
17. Nathan Smith/VTK/Sam Anderson

franklin2323

Immortal
Going by what Gus is saying on twitter i wouldnt expect anything too drastic, he doesnt think we played that bad, even said Whare was good other then being "outjumped twice".

Yeah it's like they think come 2015 it's like a switch that can be turned on & we are suddenly top 4.

As for Whare I have watched Windsor 3 times this year not once has it happened to Moylan or last year. Or Gordon or Coote last year. Or either 20's fullback this year

The biggest thing holding us back is denial or underperforming players.

Big Mick

Referee
I'm happy putting Moylan there.

I don't wanna throw guys like Cartwright etc in yet but.

But something has to change.

franklin2323

Immortal
I agree there. Though they need to get a good year or so in Windsor. The sooner they start the better

Aside from Eisenhuth, Nabuli & VTK Windsor have players with plenty of senior experience.

They played the Parra trial. Had their trial the next week rained out. Had a bye round 1. Have had Pangai, Robinson, VTK, KOD, Simpkins, Masoe miss games. Have had 3 different halves combo's. Yet haven't lost a game.

Wheras 1st grade someone breaks a nail & everything doesn't go perfect we lose we need to get winners into the team.

mxlegend99

Referee
1. Matt Moylan - Don't care about his size any more. Just give him a go. If he fails then whatever
2. Josh Mansour
3. Dean Whare - HAS TO BE IN THE CENTRES FFS I'VE SAID THIS SINCE f**kING PRE-SEASON
5. Travis Robinson
6. Blake Austin
7. Tom Humble
8. Sam McKendry
9. James Segeyaro
10. Tim Grant
11. Sika Manu
12. Matt Robinson
13. Lewis Brown

14. Nigel Plum
15. Mose Masoe
16. Adam Docker
Works for me. Strong starting side and the bench is an improvement over what we currently have. Would be nice to have 2 proper front rowers on the bench, but we don't currently have much available to improve on that.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
2. Josh Mansour
5. Travis Robinson
6. Blake Austin
7. Tom Humble
8. Sam McKendry
9. James Segeyaro
10. Tim Grant
11. Sika Manu
12. Matt Robinson
13. Lewis Brown

14. Nigel Plum
15. Mose Masoe
16. Adam Docker

Love this team.

franklin2323

Immortal
Is Austin any better at directing the team around then Walsh?? I am not so sure. Neither are long term 7's. Austin just doesn't have the speed for a back.

Though playing him at lock. Walsh half. Moylan at the back & Humble 5/8th gives us 4 playmaking options. I am sure getting 20mins from each of them can be done

franklin2323

Immortal
Walsh isn't a playmaking option

The coach & gus rate him. So he will be back sadly. just slotting into the 7 wont change anything. We know he wont run but we know Austin will. though Austin's kicking game overall is terrible the odd kick he's fine for but not 20 odd a game.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Walsh is a better option at first reciever then Newton or Cieraldo!!! That's what kills me the most, they have to go!! Along with Kingston, Segs is our best hooker by a country mile. Sorry Kevie, you just aren't cutting the mustard.

Lewis Brown to Captain.

darkbloom

Juniors
The shit coming out of Gould's twitter needs to change.

He is very focused. Just not on the things he should be focused on as CEO. Definitely this sort of stuff should not be appearing in an official Panthers publication.

I tried to attached a screen shot of the Panthers Den stackla thing. Gus, via twitter to Panthers Den, is asking for advice about bras and providing a link to a site about bras. Nothing else to do I suppose. Maybe he is after them as a sponsor.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-04-07 at 2.11.07 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-04-07 at 2.11.07 PM.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

HankScorpio

Juniors
He is very focused. Just not on the things he should be focused on as CEO. Definitely this sort of stuff should not be appearing in an official Panthers publication.

I tried to attached a screen shot of the Panthers Den stackla thing. Gus, via twitter to Panthers Den, is asking for advice about bras and providing a link to a site about bras. Nothing else to do I suppose. Maybe he is after them as a sponsor.

That's a bit harsh, he's using his personal account and it just happens to be picked up by the Panthers stackla.

Re: changes. I'm happy Cleary is here over ME but I'm not confident he's the one to take us to a premiership, at this stage anyway.

betcats

Referee
Worst start to the season since 02 and Gus is talking about 2015, its f**ken pathetic.

We are are just a piss poor fg side, no f**king hiding that fact.

anjado

Juniors
This is the worst Penrith side since at least 1983 on paper. We have no star players at all we got rid of all of our local juniors and replaced them with journeymen.

If you go through the first grade side last night

1. Dean Whare (Not a fullback)
2. David Simmons (Reserve grader)
3. Brad Tighe (borderline first grader)
4. Wes Naiqama (Reserve grader)
5. Josh Mansour (Borderline Rep Player)
6. Tom Humble (Reserve grader)
7. Blake Austin (Not a halfback)
8. Sam McKendry (Rep Player)
9. Kevin Kingston (Borderline first grader)
10. Nigel Plum (Borderline first grader)
11. Sika Manu (Rep player)
12. Lewis Brown (Rep player)
13. Cameron Ciraldo (Not even reserve grade standard)

14. James Segeyaro (Borderline Rep Player)
15. Tim Grant (Rep Player)
16. Clint Newton (should be retired reserve grade standard)
17. Adam Docker (Reserve Grade standard)

In that first grade side i would label 6 of them as definite first grade standard at every NRL club. The borderline guys are fine if you have a good side around them and aren't filled with reserve graders. Whare and Austin might be first grade standard it won't be known until they are played in their proper position. Playing them out of position is exaggerating the problem.

We have at least 6 reserve grade standard players and that is being generous. This is what happens when you constantly get rid of your best players and replace them with players who would struggle to gain a contract at any other NRL Club.

There really is no point in watching this team play. Penrith should be a team which is at least nearly half filled with local juniors in the side. Last off season we got rid of 3 and a one club player who we brought down to the club in his early 20's.

We have replaced these players with mostly substandard journeymen players. We only have two local juniors representing the club in this first grade side and for me that is an utter disgrace.

If we fielded a team with local players and others mixed in and were still getting hammered then whilst it would be annoying. You would know that these players are representing the local area and you would have an affinity with them as fans. That isn't to say the current players don't try there best they just aren't very good and many of them are only here because other clubs don't want them.

Really would any of the younger players from windsor and the under 20's do any worse than Cameron Ciraldo ? they wouldn't i know it i am sure certain players in the team know it.

Who wants to pay money to see David Simmons play ? i know he tries but he offers little and isn't in any future plans for the club, we should be building towards the future. Even if it means throwing in the bloke from Fiji i have no idea if he is Greg Smith or Noa Nadruku. But would it be exciting yes would you think wow i can't wait to see how this new guy goes where as Simmons would be fine if he was just one such journeymen player but we almost have a team full of them.

Build the team around this

1. Matt Moylan
2. Josh Mansour
3. Dean Whare
6. Blake Austin
8. Sam McKendry
9. James Segeyaro
10. Tim Grant
11. Sika Manu
13. Lewis Brown

And fill in the blanks with young hungry players not old past it journeymen like Clint Newton and Wes Naiqama. If it means throwing in Watene Zelezniak and Cartwright and Tia Killifi then so be it. We put Rooney and Lewis and many other guys in first grade very young and that did them no harm at all. The players keeping them out just aren't good enough to be keeping them out of the team.

I would be more impressed if the under 20's finished in the top 4 without a couple of there stars than if they were to win the minor premiership.

The most frustrating thing is we aren't even picking our best 17, aren't even coming close to selecting it and we seriously will be lucky to win more than 5 games this season the way things have gone in the last 2 weeks.

Latest posts