What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Phrases and Words Make You See Red?

Lambretta

First Grade
Comparison rate - I've had three mortgages and numerous personal loans. What numbskull wouldn't factor in associated loan costs when borrowing and totally rely on the raw interest rate? Another invented term for the mental dipshits of this world.

How comparison rates are calculated is probably the most moronic thing of all

For example - if you are on a Standard Fixed loan for 3 years at 4% which then rolls to a Standard Variable rate with a DISCOUNT of -1.5% - the comparison rate is calculated using the Standard Variable rate WITHOUT the discount being applied

Example -
Fixed rate 4%
STD VAR rate = 5.5%
Discounted Standard Variable rate 4%

If you have 4% for 3 years and 4% for 27 years (ignoring fees) the comparison rate would be 4%
Yet look at the advertised rates and they're represented as 5.37%

Utter madness

Then they continue the stupid with fees calculations by using $150,000 as the comparison amount when calculating interest

A fee of say $350 per annum, which often covers credit card fees and bank account fees as well as rate discounts on loans of say $600,000 plus is used on $150,000 amount for calculation purposes
A fee of $350 has a far bigger effect on a comparison rate when using a small loan balance as the reference, than it does on a larger amount.

People should look at their loan products, fees, charges etc as a whole of their financial package requirement. If you have a large loan, look at packages which wrap up a bundle of options for one fee but offers the bigger discounts and provides things such as reward points or travel insurance if you go overseas etc

If you have a small loan and rarely use a credit card, then basic no frills stuff with no fees may suit you better. It's hardly rocket science

Amin Yashed

Juniors
You see it everywhere these days, are merkins that stupid? "He's playing well".....not "his playing well". It drives me insane.

Eion

First Grade
Has overuse of 'definitely' been mentioned?

It seems every dopey footballer churns that out at the start of almost every sentence.

Willie Ray

Bench
Culture....sick of hearing this word....and Ikin,Kent,Anasta,Gasnier using the term "best on ground",it's an AFL award for fooks sake

TIGER14

Bench
I graduated from Uni last year and one word that really pissed me off when I read other people's essays was 'moreover'. f**king shit word it is.

And what's with people starting their sentence with "I feel like..." when they're about to give their opinion on something these days.