What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should we do with Kearney?

What should we do with Kearney?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
PLEASE READ THIS POST BEFORE CONTRIBUTING!!!

We have enough Kearney threads but we simply don't have a Poll.

So, here it is.

Please DO NOT rant on in this thread. There's a Kearney thread for that.

Cast your vote, make a short statement and leave it be. No endlessly quoting each other and turning this into a bitch thread. As I have already said, we have a thread for that already.

The whole point of this thread is just to cast our votes as we see them at present.

Thankyou for your co-operation.

aargon

they should make him come out of retirement - he could probably add more as a player then coach.

Avenger

Immortal
Kearney has lost me. No other code in the world would put up with the win/loss ratio that he has given us. Neither should we. I couldn't care about his vision, his structure, his academy, I just want to win and he hasn't delivered.

Avenger

Immortal
PLEASE READ THIS POST BEFORE CONTRIBUTING!!!

We have enough Kearney threads but we simply don't have a Poll.

So, here it is.

Please DO NOT rant on in this thread. There's a Kearney thread for that.

Cast your vote, make a short statement and leave it be. No endlessly quoting each other and turning this into a bitch thread. As I have already said, we have a thread for that already.

The whole point of this thread is just to cast our votes as we see them at present.

Thankyou for your co-operation.

What's your vote HJ ?

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Negotiations for current or other coaches will begin at the end of the year. I'm happy to wait till the end of the year.

Avenger

Immortal
Negotiations for current or other coaches will begin at the end of the year. I'm happy to wait till the end of the year.

But why wait until the end of the year. It's round 4, another coach may turn it around. Kearney has shown no evidence of this in 2011. Sack him now. It will be such a waste if we get the spoon.

Suitman

Post Whore
But why wait until the end of the year. It's round 4, another coach may turn it around. Kearney has shown no evidence of this in 2011. Sack him now. It will be such a waste if we get the spoon.

I'm really surprised you are taking this option mate.
Maybe it's a Baltic way. I dunno. :?

Suity

Ron Jeremy

Coach
sack him now, no improvement whatsoever has been shown in the team /players in almost 2 years, he has to go, anyother sport he wouldve been punted by now, i have never bought into the rebuilding crap, in todays professional sport Yes Rome can be built in a day!

bartman

Immortal
The poll needed an option in-between "sack him now" and "let him see out his contract and then decide", imo. An option that allows the club to assess his performance at some stage during his contract (half-way, two-thirds?) and then take a decision on future arrangements in advance, before his contract is all seen out.

Djay

Juniors
It's tricky IMO. I'd sack him now but what is stopping me from saying 100% to sacking him is, who else is there? And I sure as hell don't want Ricky Stuart. Unfortunately I'd stick it out for the rest of the year and review our options then.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
It's tricky IMO. I'd sack him now but what is stopping me from saying 100% to sacking him is, who else is there? And I sure as hell don't want Ricky Stuart. Unfortunately I'd stick it out for the rest of the year and review our options then.

JT, their i said it, he knows what Parra is all about, his style of coaching would be welcome here

Suitman

Post Whore
sack him now, no improvement whatsoever has been shown in the team /players in almost 2 years, he has to go, anyother sport he wouldve been punted by now, i have never bought into the rebuilding crap, in todays professional sport Yes Rome can be built in a day!

No it can't. You rush a build and it falls apart just as quickly as it was put up. I should know!!

its the smarter option, cannot understand why you would take the other option:?

Because,

1. who would we replace him with that would WANT to come here?
2. $450 k's payout, on top of paying for a new coach
3. Given time, I reckon he WILL turn us around.
4. I'm just not as reactionary as you.
5. I actually like his calm demeanour, and trust his two assistants.
6. I've no f**king idea.

Believe me mate, the way we are playing is f**king killing me.

Suity

Avenger

Immortal
I'm really surprised you are taking this option mate.
Maybe it's a Baltic way. I dunno. :?

Suity

That's Balkan. ;-). I am angry of continually losing and him picking players that are under performing. Suity I have had enough of him. Maybe I just look at people too much and try to psycho analyse them but the way I see him is an absolute deer lost in the headlights especially during media conferences. Even when he started I didn't immediately warm to him. He spoke in too many cliches and just came across as robotic and uninspiring. Mate I would take Brian Smith back, at least he has knowledge, experience and presence.

I just cannot see Kearney getting out of this mess. Not without some assistance. The problem is his assistant coaches are also rookies. It may sound silly but I also don't like the way Brad Arthur comes across. When I see him being interviewed on the Facebook questions on the official site he comes across as a prick. The only thing that I am worried about is if Kearney is sacked Nolan may also follow and by all reports from people who know what they are talking about IE Wayne Bennett he is the best in the business.

Last edited:

Latest posts