What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should we do with Kearney?

What should we do with Kearney?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eels Dude

Coach
The poll needed an option in-between "sack him now" and "let him see out his contract and then decide", imo. An option that allows the club to assess his performance at some stage during his contract (half-way, two-thirds?) and then take a decision on future arrangements in advance, before his contract is all seen out.

Agreed. If we show no signs of improvement over the next few weeks then the club should definitely review the situation and look into whether SK is a viable option beyond this season. If we continue playing the way we have been the fan backlash will only increase, crowds will drop, sponsors won't be happy and the club may have no choice take action.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
ThumbsDown.jpg

Number 1

Avenger

Immortal
Agreed. If we show no signs of improvement over the next few weeks then the club should definitely review the situation and look into whether SK is a viable option beyond this season. If we continue playing the way we have been the fan backlash will only increase, crowds will drop, sponsors won't be happy and the club may have no choice take action.

We have the premiers at home next week and then Newcastle away. He should be sacked by Easter.

Hanscholo

Bench
The club doesnt need to be rebuilt, again. It needs a coach that can teach and bring people together, and ive confidence. I think two pre seasons is enough to see where its going. Its going bad, u cut the bloke.

I'd like to put my support behind Kearney but I just can't.

I thought last year was a year designed to give us structure and composure and make us tough. This year was supposed to be the next step. The only steps we have taken are backwards.

I've seen have bad times. None of them compare to this.

I'm afraid that my vote has to be cast for sacking him.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
No it can't. You rush a build and it falls apart just as quickly as it was put up. I should know!!

Because,

1. who would we replace him with that would WANT to come here?
2. $450 k's payout, on top of paying for a new coach
3. Given time, I reckon he WILL turn us around.
4. I'm just not as reactionary as you.
5. I actually like his calm demeanour, and trust his two assistants.
6. I've no f**king idea.

Believe me mate, the way we are playing is f**king killing me.

Suity

1. JT anyone, serious, i actually think our roster is fine
2. Well you have to consider lost revenue in other areas too, it is still a risk, but sometimes you just have to pull the trigger.
3. Tell me just one improvement you have seen in the players since taking over 2 years ago, and no the structure we had under Hagan was even better.
4. I am not either suity, however, you just know when a coach is a dud just by watching how the team plays, the side is a mess, and why would you want a coach that listens to the media and plays Hayne at 5/8
5. I liked Hagans calm demeanour too, you also need coaching ability to.
6. same lol

Look, i simply do not see any ability in his coaching, it is evident just by watching the side play, his style is not compatible with our style, nor i just do not think he can coach.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Ive said to keep him till end of season but thinking about it we have been destroyed on the fringes every week and our go forward is terrible, Its funny that most people on the forums can see it and thinks Fui Fui should start and the rotation is terrible I am a fan of SK's but give him till easter then hello JT!!!

bartman

Immortal
Hollywood Jesus said:
Please DO NOT rant on in this thread. There's a Kearney thread for that.

Cast your vote, make a short statement and leave it be. No endlessly quoting each other and turning this into a bitch thread. As I have already said, we have a thread for that already.

eels_fan

First Grade
I was steadfast in my support of him right up until 7:30 Friday night.

Any decent manager in any industry could not out forward what we have the past 2wks without repercussions.

If we had of made some mild improvements from the NQ game i'd probably still be saying we should stick with him, but I actually thInk we played worse, just against a worse team this time around.

I'd give him 2 weeks - with the expectation of a minimum of 1 win and a marked improvement in all areas

Thanks, bart.

Just a reminder to people that this is not a rant thread. Take that elsewhere.

I'd like to kindly ask the Mods to keep an eye on such stuff, if that's possible.

Cheers.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
No it can't. You rush a build and it falls apart just as quickly as it was put up. I should know!!

Because,

1. who would we replace him with that would WANT to come here?
2. $450 k's payout, on top of paying for a new coach
3. Given time, I reckon he WILL turn us around.
4. I'm just not as reactionary as you.
5. I actually like his calm demeanour, and trust his two assistants.
6. I've no f**king idea.

Believe me mate, the way we are playing is f**king killing me.

Suity

I love you Suity :lol::lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
See out his contract for now and thorough review at the end of the year, just like DA if the board aren't satisfied than pay him out!

I want Stuart to be our next victim if we get to that stage.

Ollie Webb

Juniors
To sack him now and replace him, leaves only two options- JT or Stuart.
Let him see if he can turn the year around over the next 6-8 weeks, if results don't improve to atleast 40% wins, start the process of looking for a replacement for 2013, there will be more candidates available at season end.

We cannot go into 2013 with him if the results continue (sorry no results)!
He has not improved our team in the 18 months under his helm and 5 years is too long to expect a team to be competitive.

pazzaeel

Juniors
We need to clear our the crap (and there is a lot of it). We need to develop juniors with a better attitude towards winning. this is going to take a few years and we may not win much before then.

I am not saying Kearney will achieve this, but i am prepared to suffer in the short term (2-3) years to achieve long term, consistent success

IFR33K

Coach
He has lost the faith of fans, but who are we to judge.

He has lost the faith of the players, and at this stage, results are speaking for themselves.

See out the year, if we are below 10th, punt him.

Haynzy

First Grade
My inclination is to go with option 2 but realistically I would be making moves to replace him for next year if we are still going terribly in round 15.