What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Tallis and Bennett said after playing Souths ...

Razor said:
but we had almost an entire first grade side on the injured list

Hunt
Tate
Kelly
McGuire
Civonceiva
Tallis
Parker
Carlaw
Meyers
Minto

Broncos had out - B Berrigan, S Berrigan, Seymour, Devere, Lockyer, Webcke, Carroll.

Yeah 10 regular players from 17 playing is really an entire side out :roll:

Souths had out Bajouri, A McDougall, L McDougall, Stringer, Rigon and Death

Broncos 7 players out. Souths 6 players out. Little difference.

Please don't include Ahmed Bajouri he wouldn't get near Souths firsts side now. As for Brisbane complaining about the length of the season they are right it is too long. BUt here is an answer cut Origin to ONE game. Make it a Sunday game and everyone has a week off. With Brisbane doing well and the Cowboys now going well. Origin will fade away eventually.

Kaz

junior
Razor said:

Hunt
Tate
Kelly
McGuire
Civonceiva
Tallis
Parker
Carlaw
Meyers
Minto

Broncos had out - B Berrigan, S Berrigan, Seymour, Devere, Lockyer, Webcke, Carroll.

Minto didn't play, he was ruled out due to a neck injury.

Here is the 1st grade players that were unavailable due to injury.

Lockyer
Ryan
B Berrigan
S Berrigan
Webcke
Carroll
Devere
Seymour
Frawley
Minto
Stagg

Just a few more then the 7 you named. :roll:

JoeysWheelchair

Juniors
Minto didn't play, and Meyers would not make our starting first grade side if we were fully fit, neither would Stuart Kelly.

I see the Broncos missing 5 Origin representatives, 4 of which were internationals this year. I see Souths missing what, A.MacDougall who played rep footy years and years ago.

Season is too long. 18 teams, which play each other once would be adequate. Top 8 finals series, 3 Origin games, Anzac test and a tour at the end of the year.

The seasons too long? yeah right just add that to the pile of people whinging about having to play to much, if you gave me 500k a year I would f**kin whinge about having to play 26 rounds a season.

greeneyed

First Grade
Exactly my thoughts Victor. If only my boss would pay me my salary, if I only had to turn up for 26 weeks a year.....

And that injury toll list on NRL.com is inaccurate, woefully inaccurate. The Raiders don't appear in any of the past three weeks and we have had heaps of players out.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
actually it's more than 26 weeks you turn up. U have semi's, rep games etc. As well as this there's the pre season, and the fact that if you're a first grader you end up more in the public spotlight which can result in people giving you heaps of shit and invading your privacy. U make a mistake you and your family get dragged into the media.... money doesnt cover everything

Kiwi

First Grade
Razor.

The Broncos had more than just 7 players out, Minto also didn't play. 11 first graders were missing aswell as 7 unavailible from their reserve team. Meaning they had 18 sitting on the sidelines.

So tell me, how would any team go having thier first choice halves, first and second choices at hooker, first, second and forth choice wingers, a prop, lock, centre as well as a handful of their back up players all sitting on the sidelines?

StGeorge

Juniors
but we had almost an entire first grade side on the injured list, who collectively would beat Souths by 50 (excluding all the players that did actually play) and Souths couldn't beat us

i remember a game round 26 last year, the dragons had almost the whole side out, and we beat you, this is arrogance, pure arrogance, you guys saying this load of rubbish have fair dinkum got your heads shoved halfway up your ass. If you brisbane supporters and their coach and captain are sayin brisbane should not be interested in the two games left, obviously that show no pride in the jumper, and no pride in performance. The Saints had nothing to play for rd 26 last year, yet yous had to win to cement yourself in the 8. Or am i wrong and were yous not interested then as well? To say yous didnt play well, injurys made it difficult, a couple of calls didnt go your way everyones heard them. but the trash yous are sayin by sayin no point playing these games is ridiculous. In Origin 3 last year, did NSW say they wernt interested cause there was no point? yous are hypocrites. Congrats to Souths you deserved the victory but at least didnt give 2 points to the ungrateful wankers

Raider_69

Post Whore
most people get 4 weeks holiday a year
i would think its safe to assume league players get more than that off and get paid a shitload more for it
they should stop farkin whinging... like to see how they would cop working 14 hours a day for 300+ days a year like some that i know :roll: :roll:

JoeysWheelchair

Juniors
StGeorge said:
but we had almost an entire first grade side on the injured list, who collectively would beat Souths by 50 (excluding all the players that did actually play) and Souths couldn't beat us

i remember a game round 26 last year, the dragons had almost the whole side out, and we beat you, this is arrogance, pure arrogance, you guys saying this load of rubbish have fair dinkum got your heads shoved halfway up your ass. If you brisbane supporters and their coach and captain are sayin brisbane should not be interested in the two games left, obviously that show no pride in the jumper, and no pride in performance. The Saints had nothing to play for rd 26 last year, yet yous had to win to cement yourself in the 8. Or am i wrong and were yous not interested then as well? To say yous didnt play well, injurys made it difficult, a couple of calls didnt go your way everyones heard them. but the trash yous are sayin by sayin no point playing these games is ridiculous. In Origin 3 last year, did NSW say they wernt interested cause there was no point? yous are hypocrites. Congrats to Souths you deserved the victory but at least didnt give 2 points to the ungrateful wankers

You need to take this post and stick it up your arse. We sucked at the end of last season because we sucked. This year we have had a good season, and we are now struggling through injury. Last year we fell over and went ordinary, yet still made the 8, what happened with your mob? Oh that's right..... And this season, we have had a pack of reserve graders playing first grade at the end of the year, and the worst we could finish was 3rd with 2 rounds to go.

And on another note, how are the Dragons fans, leaving 25 minutes before the end of the game on Sunday, when it was a farewell to many of their great players. Those in glass houses shouldn't thrown stones. Pride in the jumper? lol. Arrogance? lol. Good try though, maybe one day you'll get it right.

As for getting paid so much for doing so little, I think you are sadly misinformed. Compare the physical strain of off season training, regular season training, playing the games involved, scruitiny from the media, the pressures to actually make that level and the wear and tear on your body. Then go and compare it to an office job where you sit on your arse from 9-5, 5 days a week. You have no pressure from the media, no physical stress and no pressure to perform in big matches week in week out.

The possibility of being paid 500k a season is something which not many players get, but then go and compare that to Tennis, or Golf, or Motor Racing, where they get millions of dollars, for a much easier job that is less strenuous.

buster bunny

Juniors
JoeysWheelchair said:
Other teams have beaten the Broncos this season, as have other teams beaten the Roosters and Bulldogs, who I might add have been teams that are way down the ladder, and out of finals contention. I don't see any of these teams searching to praise. Souths is like a little child who does nothing right, and when they finally do something which resembles being right, they search for attention to show everyone, "well we can sometimes do a good job."

At this stage of the season it seems Brisbane really don't care. 11 regular first graders injured, a mickey mouse reserve grade team taking the field, a secure spot in the top 4, and a long representative and club season wears people out. Let's face it, the top 8 is too many teams considering the size of the competition. And before you go saying well if it wasn't the top 8, Brisbane wouldn't have made it last year. What was the use of Brisbane making it? They were the worst team in the second half of last season, and they were eliminated first round of the finals last year. They didn't deserve to make it, nor do the team which finishes 8 this year. Top 7 is enough, maybe top 6.

Firstly souths never asked Brisbane for any credit as the result was enough. Secondly Brisbane are the team that complains about everything. Only a week ago we had Tallis claiming Brisbane are always hard done by at the judiciary. Now they're complaining about how long the season is. The season consists of 26 rounds and they should play for 26 rounds. Sure Brisbane have a lot of injuries but so have souths. Souths have had an incredible amount of injuries all year including our captain Brian Fletcher and only now are we starting to get players back. Perhaps if Souths had their full 17 for more games throughout the year they would be in a better position on the ladder. The fact is Brisbane went out on Saturday to WIN with the players they had available and that should be the end of it.

StGeorge

Juniors
As for getting paid so much for doing so little, I think you are sadly misinformed. Compare the physical strain of off season training, regular season training, playing the games involved, scruitiny from the media, the pressures to actually make that level and the wear and tear on your body. Then go and compare it to an office job where you sit on your arse from 9-5, 5 days a week. You have no pressure from the media, no physical stress and no pressure to perform in big matches week in week out.

The possibility of being paid 500k a season is something which not many players get, but then go and compare that to Tennis, or Golf, or Motor Racing, where they get millions of dollars, for a much easier job that is less strenuous.

First of all dude, i wasnt saying anything about that, read my post, nothing bout that. On that point i actually agree with that, i think that as the NRL becomes more profitable than the salaries for players should increase when the nrl can afford it, their elite sportsman, they get paid because of what they do and HOW WELL THEY DO IT. Its not as easy as saying they train and play and only 26 weeks a year. Its not just what they do but how well they do it and what they can offer their club.

And on another note, how are the Dragons fans, leaving 25 minutes before the end of the game on Sunday, when it was a farewell to many of their great players. Those in glass houses shouldn't thrown stones. Pride in the jumper? lol. Arrogance? lol.

I said By tallis saying their not interested and the fans sayin their not interested and that the game doesnt measn anything so they shouldnt even try is disgraceful. Im not condemning all broncos fans just the ones saying that, and the ones saying that they woulda smashed souths had they had their full squad and not giving them credit.

You need to take this post and stick it up your arse. We sucked at the end of last season because we sucked. This year we have had a good season, and we are now struggling through injury. Last year we fell over and went ordinary, yet still made the 8, what happened with your mob? Oh that's right..... And this season, we have had a pack of reserve graders playing first grade at the end of the year, and the worst we could finish was 3rd with 2 rounds to go.

Dude, you are a confused individual. You said that cause souths couldnt beat your side even with all your injuries, that they sucked, yet last year your mob couldnt beat our virtual reserve grade side, now that is what i call hypocritical

t-ba

Post Whore
SpaceMonkey said:
Yeah and see League die in 5-10 years. :roll:

Do something forward thinking. How about expanding the comp to 18 teams and have each side play each other once? 17 rounds with weekends off for test matches/origin, 8 home games per side and each side playing one match at a neutral venue. You'd end up with a season around 22 weeks long including rep games. And the extra teams would mean a team would have to win more games than they lose to have a chance of making the 8, rather than it simply culling out the no-hopers the way it does at present.
The reduction in number of home games should push up crowd numbers at each match and offset the drop in gate revenue from having less games for most clubs.

The Gimps at News Limited Headquarters don't think that rationally I'm Afraid...

...Pigskin-Considered Picking a job up with Uncle Rupert? After all, it's his dream to wind down RL and replace it with RU...

StGeorge

Juniors
Souths have had an incredible amount of injuries all year including our captain Brian Fletcher and only now are we starting to get players back. Perhaps if Souths had their full 17 for more games throughout the year they would be in a better position on the ladder.

Yeah its funny, i mean he speaks as though brisbane came in all with all these injuries, which they did, but also speaks as though souths came in at full strength.

I suggest he does his research or just doesnt speak

JoeysWheelchair

Juniors
Dude, you are a confused individual. You said that cause souths couldnt beat your side even with all your injuries, that they sucked, yet last year your mob couldnt beat our virtual reserve grade side, now that is what i call hypocritical

Um no. I said last year we lost because we sucked, the same reason why Souths couldn't beat us.

I suggest you have a look at the quality of players who were missing in each team before you say "oh but Souths had injuries too!!!!!!" lol, who would you rather missing, Shaun Berrigan or Adam MacDougall, or Luke MacDougall? Who would you rather missing, Darren Lockyer or Terry Hill?

And I wasn't referring to you mr stain george with the part of my thread about salaries, as you said you never said anything about it, so why would it refer to you?

A full strength Broncos outfit would smash a full strength Souths team 100 times out of 100. Nobody can realistically deny that.

As for not being fair on the Broncos, when has the NRL, or should I call it NSWRL which is what it really is, been fair on Queensland and Queensland Rugby League? Besides allowing a few teams into the competition.

Iafeta

Referee
OVP said:
This was on the Sunday Footy Show btw.

Tallis and Bennett were interviewed after the Souths vs Broncos game, and Tallis was the first to speak. He basically didnt pay any homage to Souths' performance and basically said that the last two Broncos games would be "forfeits", simply because of the length of the season. Then he went on about how tired the players were and they were just going thru the motions etc etc and Bennett then chipped in with his opinions about the length of the season.

Now i have to say one thing ... i couldnt possibly agree more with them. The length of the season is simply ludicrous. 26 rounds is simply WAY TOO MUCH !! And you dont get to see the best of the players after round 18. Cant possibly fault that bit, can you ?

However, It would have been nice to hear them congratulate Souths after their performance though, but i guess the Broncos did great ... especially after they were trying to "forfeit" (Tallis' words btw) ... and yeah it would be beneath them to give credit where credit is due ...

But anyway ... put your money on Penrith this week ... after all, Brisbane are going to "forfeit" the game anyway.

People in glass houses shouldn't cast stones. The comments I heard from Ricky Stuart after the game against the Warriors were completely and utterly arrogant and pig-headed.

The Warriors deserved to be in that game, yet the way Stuart carried on it was as a result of the game rewarding submissive hit up tactics. Memo to Sticky, what happened to Paleaaesina and Paul Atkins? Missed the meeting where that tactic was discussed? If thats the case, I'd be severely working on your defence because guys like Awen Guttenbeil repeatedly bent your line back.

Bengal

Juniors
OVP said:
Pigskin said:

Actually, im not rubbishing Brisbane at all ... i fully support their "shortening of the season" stance, but come on, youve never even come close to beating Souths by 50. Easts didnt come close either ... i think you are selling Souths a little short dont u think ? Or is it just that Brisbane arrogance ... the sort of arrogance that led you to destroy a fantastic competition just to start your own bogus one ? Hmmm tell me more Pigskin ... lie on my couch here and tell me your woes :lol:

Is this the pot calling the kettle black?
Brisbane (once) arrogant, wanted their own way!
Roosters are arrogant and want their own way!

Will we learn our lesson or will history repeat itself? Maybe having News at the helm may have its advantages after all.

greeneyed

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
most people get 4 weeks holiday a year
i would think its safe to assume league players get more than that off and get paid a shitload more for it
they should stop farkin whinging... like to see how they would cop working 14 hours a day for 300+ days a year like some that i know :roll: :roll:

Exactly. They have a privileged life, wouldn't work anything like a full work week........ and the number of games is nothing compared to what a lot of people put themselves through in their jobs for a lot less money.

Razor

Coach

Lockyer
Ryan
B Berrigan
S Berrigan
Webcke
Carroll
Devere
Seymour
Frawley
Minto
Stagg

Just a few more then the 7 you named

B Berrgian and Ryan are both hookers. Only one of them would play. So they wouldn't both be in the top 17. Stagg wouldn't be in the top 17. Frawley and Minto wouldn't both be in the top 17, only 1 of them.

Pigskin

Juniors
Kaz said:
Razor said:

Hunt
Tate
Kelly
McGuire
Civonceiva
Tallis
Parker
Carlaw
Meyers
Minto

Minto didn't play, he was ruled out due to a neck injury.

Lockyer
Ryan
B Berrigan
S Berrigan
Webcke
Carroll
Devere
Seymour
Frawley
Minto
Stagg

Just a few more then the 7 you named. :roll:

and Tate is 100% fit .... yeah right
and Tallis is 100% fit .... yeah right

they are passengers atm

there is your 13 .... and 13 that would flog Souths by 50 as originally stated

we don't whinge about our injury toll .... but if its alright with you lot of clowns, we won't congratulate Souths on playing crap in a 34 all draw when we are barely capable of putting a side on the field

Oink !