What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Tallis and Bennett said after playing Souths ...

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Razor said:
Here is the 1st grade players that were unavailable due to injury.

Lockyer
Ryan
B Berrigan
S Berrigan
Webcke
Carroll
Devere
Seymour
Frawley
Minto
Stagg

Just a few more then the 7 you named
B Berrgian and Ryan are both hookers. Only one of them would play. So they wouldn't both be in the top 17. Stagg wouldn't be in the top 17. Frawley and Minto wouldn't both be in the top 17, only 1 of them.
And that's one of the problems. We've not only got injuries to our starting players, but also to their replacements.

Our strongest line-up:

1. Hunt
2. De Vere - out for season
3. Tate - playing injured
4. S. Berrigan - injured
5. Frawley - injured
6. Lockyer - injured
7. Seymour - out for season
8. Webcke - injured
9. B. Berrigan - out for season
10. Civoniceva
11. Tallis
12. Carlaw
13. Carroll - injured

14. Costigan
15. McGuire
16. Parker
17. Webb/Meyers

Our replacement hooker is also out for the season. One of the replacement wingers (Minto) is injured. Stagg, a youngster who has already set NRL tackle records, is injured.

As you can see, most of the injuries are in the backline. And our feeder club also has many people out injured, mostly to their backline. So we've literally ran out of backs, and are having to play the likes of Carlaw, Costigan and Learoyd in the centres.

atomic_crimson

Juniors
OVP said:
This was on the Sunday Footy Show btw.

However, It would have been nice to hear them congratulate Souths after their performance though, but i guess the Broncos did great ... especially after they were trying to "forfeit" (Tallis' words btw) ... and yeah it would be beneath them to give credit where credit is due ....

the day the roosters give credit will be the day everyone else has to...

ricky stuart should publish a little book of excuses...he always has one

Razor

Coach
And that's one of the problems. We've not only got injuries to our starting players, but also to their replacements.

I understand that but when I listed the original players, I mentioned "out of the 17", not "out of the 25". The reply I got mentioned the replacement players as well.

Leagueguy

Juniors
Why is this an issue. Obviously Brisbane would smash souths if fully fit and fully commited. Also, what was Bennett supposed to say, " one side was awful tonight, the other was simply amazing, thats why we drew." As for Razor and his "research" , which in this case was utter crap, I suppose you won't be making any excuses for Newcastles poor season. They've had no more injuries this year than say souths or Brisbane say maybe 8 or 9 players vs 6 or seven , in your words "little difference". So Newcastle must be playing with no heart or spirit. They are just money hungry players like Johns, who bend the rules to get extra money but won't put in.

Razor

Coach
I suppose you won't be making any excuses for Newcastles poor season.

Read the forums sometime. I've said many times Hagan can't coach for shit.

So Newcastle must be playing with no heart or spirit

Exactly right

They are just money hungry players like Johns, who bend the rules to get extra money but won't put in.

Bingo

melon....

Coach
You want to shorten the season? Get rid of the now defunct Origin Series. It hasnt meant anything for 10 years.

realredhillboy

Juniors
they get paid enormous amounts to play rugby league. and a few interstate and international games if selected. they should be grateful they are getting paid 100k plus for doing something they enjoy doing. theres a lot of people in professions who risk their lives for the everyday person. ahh but you say they train on the days they aren't playing. well there is a lot of people who do backbreaking hard work in the sun,rain whatever for less money than what they get paid. i personally find it wrong that most sportspeople get paid the amounts they do. expecially people in a sport that is only popular in two australian states, north of nz, png, three counties in england. they should consider themselves extremely lucky to get what do,