What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What team does Vossy Support?

Sterling

Juniors
The Dawson Twins Minus 1 said:
Hmmmmm. He's from Dulwich Hill and SHOULD be a Newtown supporter (he told me he went to games at Henson as a kid). I suspect our suspension in '83 sent him over to the mixos.

do you blame the guy :rolleyes:

Does Vossy go for Queensland in origin? because i thought i heard him say "i may be a bit biased but id really like to see qld score a few tries" or maybe i was just half cut

iggy plop

First Grade
renouf said:
Vossy has got to have one of the most whinny and annoying commentary voices

I'll be muting the footy if hes the future of Ch9.. no offence but I can't stand him. Rather listen to Andrew Moore or Hadley

Hadley is like listening to an arrogant constipated crow.

Vossy is a class act.

Choppies

Coach
carpe_diem said:
well as far as ray hadley's comments go - i regularly ask 2GB for transcripts of Ray's calls and use them as spare toilet paper - and I call on all true league supporters to do the same.

You need counselling from RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :lol:

Choppies

Coach
sunny said:
Is Voss really from Dulwich Hill? That's like, right next to me. I always used to think he was from Brisbane.

WOW Didnt know Vossy was from where I grew up.
I lived in Dulwich Hill until I was 16
What suburb you from Sunny?

iggy plop

First Grade
carpe_diem said:
No way!!!

I think Vossy the best and is the most informed commentator in Leauge (honorable mention to Warren Smith). Vossy is passionate about the game and it shows in his calling. Ray Warren is more of a "professional sport commentator" - and it's obvious that the only games of footy that he watches are the one's that he calls.

I remember when the Cowboys finally got showed on channel 9 last year, he said stuff like - "Gee this Matt Bowen kid can play". Yeah - no sh!t Rabbs, we've been watching the 9:30 Saturday night Cowboys for the last 2 years!!

It seems that Ch9 are grooming Vossy into the major caller (about bloody time), he calls about half the channel 9 games now - it's only a matter of time until Rabs goes out to pasture.

I say bring on the next swimming meet - to get rabbs away from footy for a few weeks!

Some terrific points there. Well done.

Saint 60

Juniors
Immortal said:
I was under the impression Rabs was a Saints fan, the way he's always rattling on about them

Warren Smith was a Balmain supporter

Rabs used to be a Saints fan and he changed in the early 80s...He still likes Saints but he liked the way Parramatta played in the early 80s...
Dont take me for knowing tis just the way i hear him call

Ive actually met him a few times and hes a dam crank - or certainly was about 15 years ago.

bartman

Immortal
Thought Rabs was happy to admit he's a Parra fan?

I'm glad to hear Vossy might have Penrith childhood connections. Makes me rate him even higher :D

number8

Juniors
I always thought Vossy was a Souths supporter & Rabbits is definately an Eels supporter given his favourite player was Andrew Ryan.......... Until Ryan left for the Bulldogs, Rabbits had a massive hard on for him but now just gets a passing mention.

flamin

Juniors
I think Vossy just goes for a result that would best for the game, which is why you heard him say this:

pennywisealfie said:
Does Vossy go for Queensland in origin? because i thought i heard him say "i may be a bit biased but id really like to see qld score a few tries" or maybe i was just half cut

He wanted Queensland to score two tries so that both NSW and QLD would be equal on the amount of tries scored.

Hurriflatch said:
Yeah, Ray Warren definatly likes the Eels and is problably more biased then Sterlo.

Sterlo is also a big fan of the Knights.

Sterling and Johns were married in a secret ceremony several years ago. Not sure if they're still together.

Mr Saab

Referee
Misty Bee said:
Yeah good call Charlie. People don't say things on radio....:D :D :D

for the ill informed (you misty bee) Voss was not heard on radio on 2UE in 1994. He was an assistant to the continuous call team only

Latest posts