What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What team will improve from 2004?

thuganomics

Coach
Stranger said:
Thugs the knights players wont improve alot as indivduals but in the ladder they will, because you would have watched every game like me and know the knights generally play solid. They will go up the ladder and joey will create more scoreing oppertunites but they were a good team during most of last season. If you understand what im saying.

I do indeed,
we just need some good luck with injurys and we should have a good solid season.

ozboy

Juniors
Manly - Will improve a lot on the basis of a strong pack. Kite, Randall, King, Kennedy, Harris and Menzies looks a good pack to me. They will struggle to make the top 8 though, due to a poor halves combination and a poor backline. If Brent Stewart fires, they might be in with a shot.

Newcastle - Put Andrew Johns in any team and they will improve. If Josh Perry finally decides to reach and play at his full potential they will be a contender, though of-course the old saying is still true, no Johns no Newcastle.

Parramatta - They cant be any worse than they have been over the past couple of years. All the signings will strengthen the team, though if they are to contend the likes of Vella and Cayless will need to rediscover their form of old. Look for Eric Grothe Jnr to have a big year.

Brisbane - For me they are the biggest challenger to the Bulldogs title. With Tallis gone it now gives them a chance to add some speed and agility to their pack. Mix the likes of Costigan, Learoyd and co with Webcke, Civo and Thorn and you have the ingredients of a huge pack, though it will be a make or break year for Dane Carlaw. Brett Seymour should partner Lockyer for not just the Broncos but QLD as well, while the backline looks very strong with the likes of Hunt, Tate, Hodges, Berrigan and Tupou around.