What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what tha??????

madeline

Juniors
Why do I keep geting that macro flash thing jumping out at me every time I clk the mouse on this site?????

Its making me very 8-[ :? and:evil: It's really pi$$ing me off

madeline

Juniors
So you are allowing this nasty annoying thing to attach itself to this site are you? and one other thing people check your cookies from this site it is dropping heaps on my computer,from the short time I was on here yesterday I counted 18 gif images what is going on please???

Why won't that thing take no for an answer???

TooheysNew

Coach
Just install it? Not only are we allowing it but we are putting it there. It's a service to you. Install Flash and you'd find out. If you don't install it you are missing out on site features.

The cookies are used to keep you logged into the forum. Deny them, see how far you get. They are also used to keep the live scores closed over the weekend so you dont inadvertantly read the score of a delayed tv game. Again, a service to you.

18 Gif images? So? Turn off caching if you dont like it. A gif image isn't going to hurt your computer.
Cookies dont = bad.
Cookies + uneducated users = bad.

Why whine about features we've put there for your benefit? Noone else has a problem.

madeline

Juniors
I didn't realise you arn't allowed to make inquiries about what is dropped onto your computer.......please forgive me Dilmah
Could you please tell what are the special features I am missing out on by not installing, and um some cookies are bad Dilmah have you not heard of spyware?????
I do know that you have to allow some cookies from forums or you can't log in even uneducated uses like myself know that I'm sorry if I have upset you in any way shape or form Dilmah that wasn't my intention.
You all have a nice day now and try to relax and chill out a bit

PrideKnight

Bench
madeline said:
I didn't realise you arn't allowed to make inquiries about what is dropped onto your computer.......please forgive me Dilmah
Could you please tell what are the special features I am missing out on by not installing, and um some cookies are bad Dilmah have you not heard of spyware?????
I do know that you have to allow some cookies from forums or you can't log in even uneducated uses like myself know that I'm sorry if I have upset you in any way shape or form Dilmah that wasn't my intention.
You all have a nice day now and try to relax and chill out a bit

there is a whole forum called "go ahead, ask us anything" which is where your enquiry should have been directed in the first place.

TooheysNew

Coach
Live odds, video feeds, access to special offers... and thats just this site.It's really up to you if you want to install flash but if you dont want to install it, that's your problem. For me to disable those features would mean to disadvantage several thousand other users.

To be honest, if a small box popping up when you click on this site is the worst of your problems, you should think yourself very very lucky.

TooheysNew

Coach
Also, before you go telling people to chill out and relax, how about you 1. dont fly off the handle. and 2. put yourself in my shoes. I come onto the forums to relax, and i'm met with whining.

If after those two points your attitude hasnt changed, you can get fkd.

Roy

Juniors
dont no how you could get mad dilly, just looking at your sig fixes it all for me....lol

Johns-All-Day

Juniors
I keep clicking 'Install' but nothing happens. :cry: Same thing happens every time I log into MSN Messenger - I click to install the newest version but nothing happens. It must be something to do with my settings or a pop-up blocker. #-o

TooheysNew

Coach
Sorry - been very busy and in no state to post recently. I closed the thread because I couldn't offer the attention it needed. Many forum members will understand why.

So, Johns-All-Day, What windows are you using, what browser version, and do you have an anti-virus program installed? I'm not sure why it won't install but I'll do my best to fix it.

Johns-All-Day

Juniors
Thanks Dilmah. I'm using Windows XP, Mozilla 4.0, no anti-virus programs, only the Google toolbar which has a pop-up blocker (and it makes no difference if it's on or off - still nothing happening when I click 'Install').

Like I said, the exact same thing happens on MSN Messenger - it says to 'click here' to install the latest version, but nothing ever happens, and it asks me every time I log in (same as what's happening here).

I have no idea what the problem is, but I'm quite sure it's on my end not yours - so any help you post is most appreciated as I know it's not your responsibility - so thanks in advance.

Johns-All-Day

Juniors
Downloading it via the link worked perfectly. Thank you Dilmah! :) I still have no idea why it wouldn't install in the first place, but it's all good now anyway. Thanks again!