What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What to offer Gaz???

Guvner

First Grade
No that's not necessarily how it would've worked.

We let a couple of centres go last year for different reasons so we wouldn't have automatically signed Josh up because he was backup at the time. We would've been in a position to make him a better offer but that's where it ends.

If we had the cap space we *may* have made a better offer to Josh but also we could've upped the offer on players like Ennis and Hannant (amongst others) who Bennett was keen on getting to the Dragons (but he knew we didn't have the cap space to get them).

EXACTLY, Watatank. Someone with the ability to reason. Thank god.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Basically after paying an arm and a leg for Gaz's services we

1. Lost Morris and
2. were unable to offer decent cash to Hannant and Innis.

Now that that sack of sh*t is gone. What have we done with the money we've saved?

STG-Dragon

Juniors
Basically after paying an arm and a leg for Gaz's services we

1. Lost Morris and
2. were unable to offer decent cash to Hannant and Innis.

Now that that sack of sh*t is gone. What have we done with the money we've saved?

Exactly!

Last edited:

STG-Dragon

Juniors
No that's not necessarily how it would've worked.

We let a couple of centres go last year for different reasons so we wouldn't have automatically signed Josh up because he was backup at the time. We would've been in a position to make him a better offer but that's where it ends.

If we had the cap space we *may* have made a better offer to Josh but also we could've upped the offer on players like Ennis and Hannant (amongst others) who Bennett was keen on getting to the Dragons (but he knew we didn't have the cap space to get them).

That's my point look at all the options we could have had if Gasnier didn't f**k around he knew all along he was going to leave it was not a last minute decision.

watatank

Coach
That's my point look at all the options we could have had if Gasnier didn't f**k around he knew all along he was going to leave it was not a last minute decision.

The centres we lost at the end of 2009 had nothing to do with Gasnier.

As for the rest do you really think that Gasnier had a signed French RU contract sitting on his bedside table for months, ready to bust out any time he pleases? A big factor in him signing with French RU was that an Australian coach was in charge who was newly appointed. Then, negotiations take time if he is looking to salvage what he lost.

Guvner

First Grade

I lived two doors up from the man in Brookvale while all this was going on. You know nought.

Doug2234

First Grade
I lived two doors up from the man in Brookvale while all this was going on. You know nought.

Gaz lived in Brookvale??

No wonder he f**king left the commute to Wollongong every day for training would have been f**king ridiculous...

rushndude

Bench
Yeah he moved there to be closer to his missus i believe, but f**k it would have been atleast a 2 hour trip to training and back.
Meanwhile Manly training is only 5 minutes down the road...

The time is now. IMO we should be pulling out all stops to get him back. His chances of playing for the Wallabies are slim (given the need to play in Australia first and also Deans clean out of older players). I would be very surprised if we have not made some significant inquiries into his services. The questions need to be asked, (1) what to pay him? and (2) What can we afford to pay him? I would suggest we have money and and i think with some firm 3rd party agreements we can offer him a very solid package. We all know what he can do and i hold no grudges for his walk out. It was poor management rather than disloyalty. We need him in our backline, simple as that. Scott can get back to the back row further adding to our bench depth. Gees that would be good. Is it a realistic option that he'll be back mid year? Hell yes. I believe he will be back. Biggest story of 2010.

In my heart the thought of Gaz coming back to the Red n Whites is a good idea! BUT his last season at the saints he played so sh*t, look poor in defence and very slugish, being a the cold sh*t rugby comp for a couple of years wont help... im not convinced

Ulysseus

Bench
f**k that.
The team has moved on, they have starch, they don't need infrequent flair that rushes out of the defensive line constantly leaving someone to make up for his absence, f**k off and don't come back Gaz.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
What else did he tell you Guvner? I think you're crapping on aren't you?

You sure you weren't living in Blakehurst near Lockeyer after he bought a house there?

Last edited:

Guvner

First Grade
So he he discussed this all with you ay? :roll:

Chatted too him many times in passing. Surfed with him at North Curl Curl a couple of times. Tried to stay clear of talking football, he didnt strike me as the sort of bloke that would be keen on chatting with some deranged fan boy. I will tell you this though, he wanted to stay. He signed a long term deal and he wanted to honor it. But he had commitments and the amount he was out of pocket wasnt going to get it done. I was gutted when he left, but cant blame him.

Guvner

First Grade
What else did he tell you Guvner? I think you're crapping on aren't you?

You sure you weren't living in Blakehurst near Lockeyer after he bought a house there?

48a Consul Road Brookvale. Complex of Townhouses and units a stones throw from Brookie Oval. Am I crapping on?

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Chatted too him many times in passing. Surfed with him at North Curl Curl a couple of times. Tried to stay clear of talking football, he didnt strike me as the sort of bloke that would be keen on chatting with some deranged fan boy. I will tell you this though, he wanted to stay. He signed a long term deal and he wanted to honor it. But he had commitments and the amount he was out of pocket wasnt going to get it done. I was gutted when he left, but cant blame him.

Do you still talk to him now? does he send you text messages?

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
48a Consul Road Brookvale. Complex of Townhouses and units a stones throw from Brookie Oval. Am I crapping on?

Dunno, you might be...how about this...

44 Terry St Blakehurst....2 Storey house...a stones throw from Jubilee...Lockeyers house...

Am I crapping on?

Guvner

First Grade
Dunno, you might be...how about this...

44 Terry St Blakehurst....2 Storey house...a stones throw from Jubilee...Lockeyers house...

Am I crapping on?

Well why dont you run along and ask some questions and find out champ. Shouldnt be too hard to find out if you know anyone or anything. I'll give you another tip, it was a Southern Cross construction job.

Dont know, dont care. Thats the difference between you and I. But since you cant even spell his name Im leaning towards probably.

Latest posts