What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What to offer Gaz???

OurRedV

Juniors
Offer Gaz the opportunity to play for the most famous Rugby League club in the history of the game, wear the Red V again and be coached by a genius. That's all.

If only money wasn't a factor.

SEAT 1A

Bench
As a fan, I'm still disappointed Gaz left and hoping J Moz will return.

Regardless of what you think of the way he left it is all water under the bridge. If he wants to give it one more crack the club has to do what it can to sign him.

I think he will sign for the Rebels and play for the Wallabies due to the money he can make and his ability.

centralsaint

Juniors
Spot on Seat 1A. It would be great to get Gaz back in the centres because our squad looks light on in the centres. Gasnier was a wonderful player for the dragons and gave us great service but I think he will take the money in union.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Spot on Seat 1A. It would be great to get Gaz back in the centres because our squad looks light on in the centres. Gasnier was a wonderful player for the dragons and gave us great service but I think he will take the money in union.

The only time he was good was when we played against the Tigers a couple of times (Not the 2005 prelim of course) Apart from that he was nothing special and in defence he sucked.

He was never worth the money he was on. He does not deserve to wear the Red V again.

SuperSoward

Juniors
The only time he was good was when we played against the Tigers a couple of times (Not the 2005 prelim of course) Apart from that he was nothing special and in defence he sucked.

He was never worth the money he was on. He does not deserve to wear the Red V again.

i disagree.

he was one on the best centres in the game

whynot

Juniors

I believe he only had one good game and that was he debuted against the knights just like coopers one and only good game last year against the cowboys dont need gaz and flick cooper aswell

Doug2234

First Grade
I believe he only had one good game and that was he debuted against the knights just like coopers one and only good game last year against the cowboys dont need gaz and flick cooper aswell

cooper stuggled to run last year due to injury and was getting injections before each game... so fair f**king go.

as for gaz bring him back. only issue for me is Gaz and Soward defence down the right side!

drago brelli

Bench
Cooper is a terrific player and has given great service. Problem at the Dragons is the centre position. I hope they have some pencilled in to take that position in the next couple of years. Dean Whare was good but has gone to Manly.

Godz Illa

Coach
On the subject...

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/...ooper-out-to-reclaim-origin-spot/1740475.aspx

Cooper out to reclaim Origin spot
By Tim Barrow
03 Feb, 2010

Dragons centre Matt Cooper is on a mission to use next week's NRL All Stars game as a springboard into the NSW and Australian teams.

A State of Origin discard last year, Cooper's representative career has been single-handedly resurrected by St George Illawarra coach Wayne Bennett, who launched a public campaign to have the 30-year-old selected in the inaugural NRL showcase on the Gold Coast.
Cooper yesterday made it clear that his desire to wear the sky blue jersey still burned and even hinted at pushing for a place in the Australian team this year, with Justin Hodges sidelined and an injury cloud over Melbourne colossus Greg Inglis.

"Everyone that goes out there (in the All Stars game) is going to be trying to win the game and impress for either their state or country," Cooper said.

"I'm going to be trying to get back in the Origin mix; it's disappointing when you're not playing, so I'll definitely be trying to prove a point."

"I was disappointed not making the Origin side, so to be back in the rep scene, it was a good feeling and it's going to be a great game."

Inglis is in doubt to play for the Indigenous All Stars at Skilled Park on Saturday week because of a hip problem.

If the Storm superstar does play, Cooper is expected to shift to the right side to directly mark Inglis.

With a NSW place on his mind, Cooper said he hoped Inglis would take his place.

"Definitely, I like going into a game like this with a challenge," he said.

"I would be disappointed if he doesn't play because he's a big attraction for fans to watch the game."

Cooper was overlooked for Origin duty last year as NSW selectors and coach Craig Bellamy opted for fresh blood in their failed bid to end Queensland's recent dominance.

And although he hasn't played for Australia since 2006, Cooper refused to believe the door was shut for the Anzac Test against New Zealand in May.

With Hodges to miss the season with an Achilles tendon injury, his Test position could be between the three NRL All Stars representatives in Cooper, Penrith's Michael Jennings and Kiama junior Josh Morris.

Cooper battled a heel injury during the second half of last season, but claimed he was back to full fitness and ready to rediscover his best form.
"It was pretty sore, it was pretty bad," Cooper said.

"There were probably a couple of games I should have sat out, but I didn't want to and it wasn't the right time.
"I've been running pretty freely on it all preseason, I had seven weeks off my feet and it seemed to heal pretty good."
690744.jpg

He should have never have been left out last year tbqh... and NSW paid the price. Ah well, better for us. Good news that his heal is heeled.. or heel is healed.

ps - Time wounds all heels

petetheileet

First Grade
yeah of the years we continued to get smashed in origin, he was clearly the most consistant performer

he deserved a spot last year and honestly when the young blokes are marking the likes of falau, inglis and hodges why go with anyone else??

Bring back choc

Juniors
So getting back to the thread, what should we offer Gaz to get him back? The rebels will get him shortly if we don't act. I think we can lure him with the right plan. He loves the NRL. He will never play for the wallabies.

Milo7

Juniors
Hey guys, I`ve heard rumblings that Mark Gasnier will be playing with us this season at some stage? is there any truth to these, or have I stumbled on a unreliable source?

Interested Dragon fan.

Latest posts