What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What unpopular NRL opinions do you hold

Go:

1. Billy Slater is the best 1-5 of all time. Hate blinds many from realising how good he is
2. There needs to be a relocation/merging in the east/South. You have roosters, Souths, dragons and sharks fighting over relatively small patches of land and juniors. Something gotta give
3. Ray Warren should call RL games until he dies. Sure he gets things wrong but I'm going to miss his dulcitones and I know many of you will as well
4. NRL needs to go back to a top 5 - having 8 teams is pointless
5. The team who wins the minor premiership should hold more prestige than the winner of the finals series
6. Draft, Challenge Cup and Relegation/Promotion need to come in to RL to make it more exciting
7. Season should go for 30 weeks (play each other twice and reduce games to 70mins to compensate for fatigue)

Kiwi

First Grade
All cheerleader applications and interviews for all clubs should go through me.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I'll bite Moffo.

1) Reduce the number of players per side to 12. Yep, it kicks tradition in the arse but we've done that before in going to limited tackles, the ten metre rule and interchange.
2) No kick for line for penalties. If a penalty is awarded you take the tap from that spot.
3) Scrap scrums. Forget going back to contested scrums, they were a joke and increased the risk of serious neck injuries to players.
4) if you're going to give big financial news give it, don't keep us hanging on.

Blues Riff

Bench
40/20 Kicks. What's the point of 'em.
GET RID OF 'EM.
Why should a team in trouble suddenly gain the advantage just because one particular smartarse can do a long kick?

I may feel differently if the aformentioned smartarse played for my team.

warrior poet

Juniors
1. introduce a challenge cup competition featuring all nrl, nsw & qld cup teams plus png & nz premiership teams. incl champions of state, island competitions (maybe even nz regional club teams... auckland champs etc)

2.reduce the length of the competition so each team plays each other once

3.introduce stand alone origin weekends with other rep games (city v country, pacific test series, nz origin, etc)

4.expand to 20 teams, 4 pools of 5 (include west coast, central qld, brisbane bombers, western corridor, wellington, png, and a combined pacific island team) which gives, 8 NSW, 6 QLD, 2 NZ, 1 VIC, 1 WA, 1 PNG, and 1 pacific team.

5.reduce sydney teams. (keep manly, rabbitohs, roosters, dragons, panthers, bulldogs)

6.tigers, eels, sharks, move to nsw cup

7.nsw cup to feature only stand alone teams (like qld cup)

8.salary cap assistance for long term, high profile and club developed players

9.salary cap assistance for players from developing nations (even have a minimum quota... don't have to be in nrl squad). even assign developing nations to each club (ie; roosters link with jamaica and russia)

10.each club is assigned a secondary area to develop. Melbourne gets south australia, nth qld gets northern territory, dragons get nsw south coast, knights- nsw north coast, etc

I'll bite Moffo.

1) Reduce the number of players per side to 12. Yep, it kicks tradition in the arse but we've done that before in going to limited tackles, the ten metre rule and interchange.
2) No kick for line for penalties. If a penalty is awarded you take the tap from that spot.
3) Scrap scrums. Forget going back to contested scrums, they were a joke and increased the risk of serious neck injuries to players.
4) if you're going to give big financial news give it, don't keep us hanging on.

Agree with the first three don't understand the fourth one

Perth Red

Post Whore
1. Live up to the name and make the game national
2. Develop two new teams in NZ and fund the nzrl with the NZ sky money
3. Stop playing NRL at parks and insist on modem stadia for any team that wants to be in it
4. Fund grass roots RL properly and make the RL state bodies accountable for growth at jnr and amateur level
5. Have a proper world club challenge at season end
6. Bring back GB ashes tours

Latest posts