What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What unpopular NRL opinions do you hold

WaznTheGreat

Referee
I'll bite Moffo.

1) Reduce the number of players per side to 12. Yep, it kicks tradition in the arse but we've done that before in going to limited tackles, the ten metre rule and interchange.
2) No kick for line for penalties. If a penalty is awarded you take the tap from that spot.
3) Scrap scrums. Forget going back to contested scrums, they were a joke and increased the risk of serious neck injuries to players.
4) if you're going to give big financial news give it, don't keep us hanging on.

I like this one

Front-Rower

First Grade
They did win the war.

Of course they did. The battlefront was TV and look who now broadcasts every game, every week.

Any one who thinks Super League was created to improve Rugby League really needs to rethink their ideas.

warrior poet

Juniors
Of course they did. The battlefront was TV and look who now broadcasts every game, every week.

Any one who thinks Super League was created to improve Rugby League really needs to rethink their ideas.

good thing the thread is about unpopular nrl opinions? or is that statement the unpopular opinion you have?

macavity

Referee
Melbourne's players should have been put into a tender waiver system when they were caught (i.e. distributed to other clubs), and Bellamy should have been banned for life.

Disgraceful they were able to keep most of their illegally assembled team.

I would hardly think that an unpopular stance though.

Oh, and regional teams (Raiders, Knights and Cowboys) should get a higher salary cap to compensate for it being so much harder to attract/sign players.

Latest posts