What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What unpopular NRL opinions do you hold

mongoose

Coach
-The dogs halves are crap and had little to do with NSW origin series win this year. NSW would have won with jeff robson and jamie soward.

-manly will go out in straight sets this year :p

mongoose

Coach
1. Live up to the name and make the game national
2. Develop two new teams in NZ and fund the nzrl with the NZ sky money
3. Stop playing NRL at parks and insist on modem stadia for any team that wants to be in it
4. Fund grass roots RL properly and make the RL state bodies accountable for growth at jnr and amateur level
5. Have a proper world club challenge at season end
6. Bring back GB ashes tours

These are all popular opinions.

kbw

Bench
no expansion
hold referees accountable (probably not unpopular)
no more Ch9 commentary

eozsmiles

Bench
I still like channel nine. Mainly because of nostalgia I guess. Had heaps of fun over the years watching footy on the box with family/friends and nine have been in the thick of it. As a kid I thought it was awesome and I'll bet all those who grew up before Foxtel did too. And for millions of fans, watching nine is still the main way they get involved. So even though it ain't as good as I remember (we've grown out of ads, delays, even Rabs), I still watch every week and won't be stopping for a while yet.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Another one, reduce to twenty rounds so we can have decent international competitions.

The decision of the arlc to cancel the ashes tour next year is so fricking dumb, not like Australia doesn't have the depth to rest players if they don't want to represent their country.

nick87

Coach
I think Dane Tilse is a decent NRL footballer. He's not star but if he's your #4 front rower, you're in good shape

Big Sam

First Grade
All clubs who partook in the 2000 and 2001 seasons should sit out 2 future seasons to make up for omitting Souths.

ceagle

Bench
Most NRL players are poorly educated and this reflects poorly on the league's image. There are probably only a handful of players who can articulate to the media without appearing to of dropped out of high school in year 7. The AFL absolutely crushes the NRL in this aspect.

TheVelourFog

First Grade
Most NRL players are poorly educated and this reflects poorly on the league's image. There are probably only a handful of players who can articulate to the media without appearing to of dropped out of high school in year 7. The AFL absolutely crushes the NRL in this aspect.

Dont watch the league footy show but am I right in thinking the humour is still derived from cross-dressing and acting like a tool in public?

Edit: didnt meant to quote

Latest posts