What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Wade L'Estrange is up to.....

http://parkes.yourguide.com.au/deta... sport&story_id=365740&y=2005&m=1

Has a nice little Parra flavour to it.........

Newtown Jet prefers Cyms to Parkes
Monday, 24 January 2005

Rugby league.

Wade L'Estrange has joined Dubbo CYMS' push for a fifth consecutive Group 11 title.

L'Estrange comes to Dubbo from Newtown, who will play Group 11 in Parkes on 19 February, a match the back rower can't wait for.

You could say that divine intervention played a small part in L'Estrange moving to Dubbo.

He met CYMS' second rower Wes Maas when the two played for New South Wales Combined Catholic Colleges and they continued to be friends when Maas pursued his career in Sydney.

Late last year L'Estrange was in Dubbo for Maas' wedding and that's when he was offered a job and a chance to be a part of CYMS' history.

`Newtown offered me good money but I needed to get away,' L'Estrange said.

`I came up for Wes' wedding and he offered me a job to come out and play and I took it.

`I arrived in Dubbo last Friday at about a quarter to five and Tim Ryan rang me and told me training was at six.

`I haven't spoken to Dean Pay (Group 11 coach) yet, but I'm keen for the game at Parkes.

`The Jets actually asked me to play for Parkes because they're a feeder club to the Jets, but I said no I wanted to play in Dubbo.'

L'Estrange's fortunes have fluctuated in the past few years.

It was about five years ago now that L'Estrange was on the fringe of the Parramatta Eels first grade side.

He made six first grade appearance before he took to the field in a reserve grade game against the Sydney City Roosters.

L'Estrange ran the ball, was hit from the side and broke his neck.

He spent three weeks in hospital, waited a year for surgery, then had another year of recovery before he could play again.

`I just got hit at the wrong angle,' he said.

`The bloke's shoulder hit my neck on the side and broke it.

`I had to wait for a year before they could operate, then I had another year off and it's now as strong as ever.

`I had a season for Wentworthville then I signed with the Jets for a year, now I'm out here.'

Although still acquainting himself with Dubbo, L'Estrange suggested that he might be there for a few years yet.

He joins a CYMS squad that appears even stronger than last year's.

L'Estrange will be fighting for a spot in the forwards with the likes of Maas, Josh Large, Nathan Lawrence and Nicholas Wilson.

In fact a few changes are expected with the possibility of teenage fullback Ryan Drew staying with the club while studying at university.

Add to that the likes of Luke Jenkins, captain-coach Tim Ryan, Brad Cross, Nathan Smith and Quinton McEwen.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay catchin up with wadels!

Utey

Coach
Thats what I thought. Did pretty well when I saw him. What a change from FG to that.

The Colonel

Immortal
4 apparently - Heath, Wade, Sean I know of and the fourth I can't remember though they all played for Parra at some stage.

Nikki

Coach
Ryan was the 4th and oldest, but... OHMIGOD.... WADELS!!!! I have missed him sooo much. Nikki is gunna have fun in Parkes. :lol: :lol:

Latest posts