What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What was the crowd for game 2?

This is Rugby League.....

We dont have an international governing body, we dont have simple rules in place....and we dont announce crowd figures.

carlnz

Bench
Mate i was there, and like i said before the crowd was heaps bigger than Staceys warriors fairwell game which got 17,000......

I would say 20,000 EASY!

Azkatro

First Grade
I just found RL1908.com has an estimated figure of 18,000 but also says it's to be confirmed.

Anyone found this out yet ???????????????

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
It was recently reported in the NZ Herald that the crowd was "only 14,000". There's a thread debating the point in the Warriors forum.

To me most of the stadium looked relatively full. I've been to a lot of Warriors games and heard a lot of crowd figures and I would've thought at least 18,000, maybe 20,000.

Azkatro

First Grade
I still can't believe there isn't an official crowd figure anywhere for an international rugby league fixture :lol:

tack

Juniors
I think right now you have a lot of people in NZ in Rugby League that want to see the Warriors fail just so they can say "I told you so".

Many of these people carry a lot of influence and what its turning into is a very negative feeling towards the game in NZ.

On top of that you have an administration that is TERRIBLE. It needs the cleaners through it as the ARL does in Australia.
The problem with League in NZ is that most of the media are agents for the NZRU

Aussie by 20points:

And you know this ? Stop been so paranoid . Most of the rugby league articlas are written by league journalists ;-)

Kingbunny

Juniors
Polynesian Warrior said:

And you know this ? Stop been so paranoid . Most of the rugby league articlas are written by league journalists ;-)

No, the issue all sports face in New Zealand, not just Rugby is as follows.

The union is run by an Old White Boys Network which has an association with the Old White Boys Network that run all the major corporates which have access to Old White Boys Network in government who tell the Old White Boys Network in the media what to show and print for masses to absorb and be brainwashed with.

Paranoid, I think not. This is the way its been for the last 100 years. The way things are, are just the way things are.

This is also the reason why the Pacific Island nations play union. They were all at one time in there history controlled by the Old White Boy Network from NZ who forced the natives to play a sport that the White Boys liked, which was union and made them feel at home (the french and US excluded). So, in essence, the islands for a long time have been used for the purpose and disposal of the NZ. Could be an X-files eposide in this!

Imagine what the islands would be playing if they were originally controlled from Australia instead of NZ - Rugby League. Heaven forbid.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
Given the amount of foreign onership in this country, name the "old white boys" network controlling NZ.

I seem to remember a hell of a lot of cheerleading from the media towards the Warriors when they were doing well. They were the only game in town during then finals series in 2002 & 2003. I've also heard a lot of positive stuff about the league tri-series so far. Even Joseph Romanos was saying he was enjoying it.

I also read, hear & see sh*tloads of criticism directed towards the NZRFU on a regular basis. Ditto for the AB's when they arent going well.

Sorry, but it is paranoia.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
This old boys network is also thriving in the UK, why else was league banned in uni's, private schools and the defence forces simply to stop it's growth over the last century as British sport was spread through these institutions.

Kingbunny said:
No, the issue all sports face in New Zealand, not just Rugby is as follows.

The union is run by an Old White Boys Network which has an association with the Old White Boys Network that run all the major corporates which have access to Old White Boys Network in government who tell the Old White Boys Network in the media what to show and print for masses to absorb and be brainwashed with.

Paranoid, I think not. This is the way its been for the last 100 years. The way things are, are just the way things are.

This is also the reason why the Pacific Island nations play union. They were all at one time in there history controlled by the Old White Boy Network from NZ who forced the natives to play a sport that the White Boys liked, which was union and made them feel at home (the french and US excluded). So, in essence, the islands for a long time have been used for the purpose and disposal of the NZ. Could be an X-files eposide in this!

Imagine what the islands would be playing if they were originally controlled from Australia instead of NZ - Rugby League. Heaven forbid.

NZ never told the pacific islands to play rugby you paranoid idiot . NZ never had controlled over Tonga and Fiji .
Do some history and stop trying to promote your anti rugby on this forum . Get over it ! Rugby is the national sport of Fiji, Tonga and Samoa .
It was through the church that Rugby got to pacific you paranoid .

Back to the post .
The crowd just over 14,000 and this is from Selwyn Pearson .

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]Pearson said that it was no longer a given that league tests were played in Auckland after the "extremely disappointing" turn-out at the past two home matches against the Kangaroos. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]In 2004, only 14,000 spectators attended the New Zealand match against Australia. "We were told that the fans in South Auckland were reluctant to cross the harbour bridge, so we moved it to Ericsson this year and again only got 14,000." [/font]

Azkatro

First Grade
David Middleton's annual yearbook has the crowd for this game at 16,258. I have no idea what his source is though, and wouldn't be entirely surprised if it was an estimate that's been made to look accurate.