What will Maguire do to the roster?

Discussion in 'Wests Tigers' started by Mario chalmers, Oct 26, 2018.

1. ram raid

ram raid Bench

Reynolds to Superleague, Brooks and Johnson in the halves.

BrotherJim05 likes this.
  2. Mario chalmers

Mario chalmers Juniors

I think ET will get moved. It breaks me to say that because he is very talented but just isn't big enough.

I was on the hill at Leichardt the night Luciano Leilua sealed the Dragons win with a fend on Chee-kam.]

Just left me convinced he is not big enough. Perhaps I'm being unfair?

3. Das Hassler

Das Hassler Juniors

Every chance Madge may end up gettng a cut price Marty back here...no info but Marty's playing well for him and wants out at a cap stressed Manly

Mario chalmers likes this.
  4. Mario chalmers

Mario chalmers Juniors

Madge also negotiated for the Manly job so you think he'd have full visibility/knowledge of their cap situation. It must be very dire for him to have knocked back that job?

Tapau should never have been allowed to leave. Disgraceful roster management by Jason Taylor. I remain convinced that he had it in for Islander players ever since Fa'alogo KO'd him.

Everlovin' Antichrist likes this.
  5. General Stripes

General Stripes Juniors

Heart isnt the problem.

We are giant killers as shown this year.

Our problem is when we are the favourites and we dont know what to do.

Madge will change that. But it will take time

6. General Stripes

General Stripes Juniors

Manly must be dog shit for Madge to knock em back.

Gives me a strange confidence in the Tiges, something I havent had in a while.

stamford likes this.
  7. Wizardman

Wizardman Bench

Looks like Penrith will pay most of McGuire's salary next year. My goodness, it heaps the pressure on Cleary. Pressure he would not have had if he stayed here as he seemed untouchable.

Ron's_Mate, Das Hassler and stamford like this.
  8. Tiger05

Tiger05 First Grade

I think Chee-Kam is definitely a first grader. He did get brushed in that tackle but he has busted the line plenty of times and runs the ball back with back and some footwork. You could even use him in the middle of the park especially against tired defences.

ET is the tough one. He gives everything and he has a lot of ability. Plus he makes big defensive plays. The lack of go forward in our pack though is an issue and he is the easiest guy to look at on that issue because he doesn't get quality metres.

9. Tiger05

Tiger05 First Grade

He is getting paid a motza. He isn't going to care one little bit.

10. yobbo84

yobbo84 Bench

From a Rabbitohs fan point of view, your club just needs to ensure that the senior players buy into his work ethic and intensity. Like Bellamy has had with Smith, Slater and Cronk.

He is a very good coach who will get the best out of your squad. He walked into a basket case at Souths and walked out a premiership winner. We went from a very talented but lazy/sloppy team on the field to well-oiled machine.

The problems he had at Souths was that we won a comp and all the players thought they were king shit. The club should have backed Madge to the hilt and the senior players should have basically backed him and the line should have been to the other players - ship up or ship out.

Get the players to back him and you'll be Top 4 in no time.

Vic Mackey, WT2K, Pilot house and 5 others like this.
  11. Pilot house

Pilot house Juniors

Some truth but I don’t buy all of it.

Nice to see another Souths fan here in support.

12. stryker

stryker Juniors

Russell built that side trading on his fame and spending big. The only way to win the big dance these days is to buy it. Our second rate squad win their share but when the whips are cracking they have no higher gear.

13. stryker

stryker Juniors

Im not a big fan of chee kam. He is a lousy defender and as defence is built on attitude, he doesnt impress me.

14. Perth Tiger

Perth Tiger Juniors

I know there is zero chance of it happening but I hope Madge is getting real close and whispering in Manu's ear on the current Kiwi tour. Would be nice to get one back on the roosters after Tedesco

macnaz likes this.
  15. Trollhammaren

Trollhammaren Juniors

We've already got Momirovski though. Cop that Politis!

WT2K, stamford, macnaz and 2 others like this.
  16. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Coach

My mate who’s a huge Roosters fan reckons the club is more upset over losing Momirovski then Matterson. They wanted to keep him but know he needs to go elsewhere to start however they think he’s a gun. Robinson playing him in the Prelim Semi shows how highly they think of him. Really it was only injury last year which stopped him perhaps having the year Joseph Manu had.

17. stryker

stryker Juniors

I actually thought Momirovski was a half step slower than everyone in the prelim. Not just physical speed but with his decision making and passing. Not comparable to Manu but someone who can be worked with.

18. Trollhammaren

Trollhammaren Juniors

That's positive news, even if it's hearsay, but listening to that Kelly Egan interview the other day he talked about Momo (can we call him that from now on?) as more of a backup option. Obviously hope he kicks on. Won't be hard to crack our starting 13.

19. Fordy20

Fordy20 Juniors

Egan is bound to say that about Momo. The Tigers are still in the market for more outside backs and if Kelly says Momo has the position stitched up, it would mean quality outside backs would be less willing to sign especially if they are not going to be in contention for a first grade spot.

20. gordsy

gordsy Juniors

Apart from Marsters who is ahead of Momo ? Read he can play 5/8. Wonder if we plan to play him in the centres and then move him into the halves. Hopefully not.