What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What will Maguire do to the roster?

Vic Mackey

Referee
Cooling off period does still exist Vic. Its contract law - got nothing to do with the NRL.

I suspect if we do get him, he will play centre.

They could well, certainly not saying you’re wrong, for instance though if you buy a house at auction there’s no cooling off period. I thought I read a while back they did away with the cooling off period, however I’m not absolutely certain of that and generally when I think I’m right I’m not.

super_coach

First Grade
They could well, certainly not saying you’re wrong, for instance though if you buy a house at auction there’s no cooling off period. I thought I read a while back they did away with the cooling off period, however I’m not absolutely certain of that and generally when I think I’m right I’m not.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Anybody see the piece on nine news tonight about our secret full contact game against the Dogs? I thought it was a very interesting concept played over 4 quarters in which both teams had 100% possession for 2 quarters and defended for the other two. Both Reynolds’s and Nofoaluma said it was one of the most weirdest things they have ever done in a pre season.

an extremely dark period in my life. How Jason Taylor ever became an NRL coach is just beyond me. Lovett was dreadful.

Will never forget the Panthers game when we were doing well before we got an injury out wide. Taylor decides to put Lovett in the centres instead of Lawrence and Whare proceeded to give him one of the biggest baths I've seen.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Taylor’s biggest issue is his man management. He actually has a pretty good football brain.

Yeah he's won two premierships with Roosters as the attacking coach. He obviously knows his stuff but a lot of coaches will testify that being head coach is far far more than just understanding how to implement a game plan

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Will never forget the Panthers game when we were doing well before we got an injury out wide. Taylor decides to put Lovett in the centres instead of Lawrence and Whare proceeded to give him one of the biggest baths I've seen.
Obviously Jason Failure didn't realise there can only be one Sheenius.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Taylor’s biggest issue is his man management. He actually has a pretty good football brain.

Yep. Through work I had some dealings with Ben Ross who was under him at souths. When we signed him I asked him what he thought of Taylor and he said he was a very smart coach. Would come up with great game plans and understood the game better then most. However he was a prick of a bloke and none of the players liked him.

grouch

First Grade
Chris McQueen is still with you guys yeah? Maguire loved him at left edge for Souths. Be interesting to see what he goes with there

gordsy

Juniors
Anybody see the piece on nine news tonight about our secret full contact game against the Dogs? I thought it was a very interesting concept played over 4 quarters in which both teams had 100% possession for 2 quarters and defended for the other two. Both Reynolds’s and Nofoaluma said it was one of the most weirdest things they have ever done in a pre season.
I thought I heard Madge get interviewed by Tunksy and Co saying we had a second trial. I actually wouldn't mind watching that trial. Be interesting to see how we defend under pressure and how we organise our attack given the unlimited tackle count. As for the potato Lovett I would bet my last dollar that the boys wanted Lovett in the team and that's why he got picked. It must have been a big jump in money for him because who wants to get picked in the centres and made to look like a dickhead. Either that or Taylor did it to drive him out of the club.

simmo05

Bench
With the jennings signing, id guess madge wants big outside backs, leaving thompson on the outer. I wonder if he could be our bench utility? He can fill in anywhere in the backline, has plenty of ticker so could fill in if our hooker went down? Maybe better than an aging benji?

Tiger05

First Grade
The Jennings signing makes things interesting doesn't it. I think he gets a spot in the backline but the only spot I can see is left centre. Madge might prefer though bigger outside bcaks and Thompson could miss out.

I'd pick Thompson and Nofo just due to their performances last year and play Jennings at left centre but it isn't a clear cut decision.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Interesting to see the ISP team named for this weekend:

1. Dylan Smith
2. Kane Bradley
3. Mahe Fonua
4. Sam McIntyre
5. Tommy Talau
6. Tyson Gamble
7. Jock Madden
8. Josh Aloiai
9. Jacob Liddle