What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What will the excuse be today?

Mr Red

First Grade
True, but who knows how they would have performed if the forwards were in control in the middle.

Perhaps Williams doesn't have much incentive now either

Irrespective of the forwards you cannot miss simple one on one tackles like widdop, Beale, green to name a few repeat offenders did out there today..

Serious deficiencies in their tackling techniques..not being addressed by the coaching staff.

Mr Red

First Grade
4 defenders tackling Kasiano and he off loads. 2 more passes and an easy try. Super soft defense and a simple failure to lock up the ball. Who is coaching these guys in defense??

Exactly...
Frizell standing there one hand on kasiano's collar, doing nothing.. He should have wrapped up the ball ..... Simple stuff ... But sadly the basics have been ignored for seasons now..

Last edited:

stgill2001

Juniors
What a disgraceful,pathetic display of so called 'football'.
Doust really has to start making decisions that's right for the team.
Same old crap week in week out.
Can never sit down and start watching a game with confidence.
The team 'apart from Green and Williams' looks great on paper but if they're coached the same crap everyday then there is no hope for existing players and new arrivals.
Harrison,Thompson,Widdop and co would absolutely flourish under a different coach cause I believe their best has been coached out of them.

St Tangles

Bench
My expectations for the season are diminishing weekly. I never thought we would win the comp but thought a consistent season where we were competitive would give us a launching pad for next year. Now I think we are back in the fight for the spoon.

country_dragon

Juniors
yep.

a sunday afternoon in '94.

the only thing that saved me was the massive hangover i was already nursing. i listened to the game in the dark & couldn't move to either smash the radio or neck myself.

LOL.... funny how these games allow you to think of where you were at the time --- I was on my way to Melbourne, stopped at Kiama for Fish and Chips and walked past some people who had the car radio going and I heard the score... kinda lost my appetite after that :(

Jersey No 14

Juniors
W.T.F - Mothers day. Doin' my thing Turn the tele on late @ 26 - W.T.F!!!
This is incompetence on a grand scale now.
Too angry to really think straight.
The board MUST react to this or face the possibility of their own demise.
We haven't had any forwards for two seasons and we throw our cash - Lets say 'ELSEWARE'

Creagh is the on field captain. I point the finger squarely at him.
Then it expands from there.

John's called it. No half can work behind that lot. If they worked we'd be in no need of that other lot.

Start sacking and and letting them pretenders and frauds know next season they should be elsewhere.
F*%K DOUST and F%$K the board for letting it get like this.

ITS the RED V we're talking about here!!!

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
My expectations for the season are diminishing weekly. I never thought we would win the comp but thought a consistent season where we were competitive would give us a launching pad for next year. Now I think we are back in the fight for the spoon.

Mate people got carried away with our early 3 from 3 effort and gave many a false hope...personally I wasn't one of them ( not that that helps)....no big forwards to speak of I agree but a smart coach works around that to the stage where even though we may get rolled at least we have put in some sort of effort for the 80.....if Doust thinks that Marshall is the answer to Prices problems then he's a bigger fool than we think.....Price cant coach 1st Grade never has and never will.....get rid of him NOW and give us all some sort of hope for the future.

dragonreddy

Juniors
Mentioned by the commentators Ahmau is our biggest player at 110kg. The entire bulldogs bench is over 120...

And Aiden Tolman is about 108 kg's and he is one of their best week in week out because he plays with commitment , unlike some of our blokes who look like they are hoping someone else will do the tough stuff.

hazzbeen

Bench
We will not make the eight. Well top eight anyway. Time to stop wasting time on players that should not be there next year. Hunt, Harrison, etc. nothing to lose trying Groat or Allomanai. Just do something.

HANG ON EVERYONE ITS STILL COMING TOGETHER PRICE IS PROUD OF THE EFFORT WE ARE PLAYING DRAGONS FOOTY.............that does it for me.HAD ENOUGH..............

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
And Aiden Tolman is about 108 kg's and he is one of their best week in week out because he plays with commitment , unlike some of our blokes who look like they are hoping someone else will do the tough stuff.

Your bloody spot on mate...and if you look around the teams there's others to

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Pathetic performance from whole team.Played touch footy in defence and never wrapped up the ball in a tackle which is most important. We need a new and revamped fwd pack bar merrin, that's how bad its been and is getting worse. Price must surely be on the nose after the last few weeks. It's getting hard to watch,but we will.

Mr Red

First Grade

Tolman is only 103kg, which even further reinforces your point...
When we won the comp in 2010 I don't recall that being on the back of a monster pack either, just a bunch of hard asses that were prepared to lay it on the line for the guy standing next to them..

Last edited:

Gomarchin

Juniors
Does anyone remember the game against the dogs at kogarah last year? We were up by quite a few and then got steam rolled in the forwards and from memory had a few tries scored from very close range. The thing that stuck in my mind during and after that game was how small our forwards were.

What did we do to fix this problem in the off season. NOTHING. WHy is anyone surprised by today's result? What happened on Anzac Day was replicated again today.

Latest posts