What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whatever happens in 2012

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'd like to see a bit of stability at the club, so, really, unless we have an abject failure of a season (wooden spoon), I'd like to see Kearney kept on.
It's hard to deny that the club has a plan going forward, and that it is more focused on successful strategies than what we've seen in the recent past.
Obviously, the proof will be in the pudding. Next year is certainly a telling season.

Suity

PS. I don't think I could have used more cliches if I tried.
Thats my feeling as well, it won't be till 2013 at least when Kearney will have the team he wants. Unless we have a terrible year where the team goes backwards he should keep his job till 2013. Lets hope our key players stay on the field for next season.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I have a bad feeling about 2012. I shouldn't but I think the team lacks a steadying hand in and around the ruck and this may cost us close games like this year.

Bigfella

Coach
I think that's a fair call. Even sandow's biggest fan wouldn't say he brings steadiness.

I think that was a big part in us losing so many right games this year and it's an area which maybe hasn't been addressed.

Keating or Roberts will need to improve significantly to provide that. If Casey had stayed at 9 he possibly could have given us that but well never know and he's now a year older.

caylo

Bench
I think that's a fair call. Even sandow's biggest fan wouldn't say he brings steadiness.

I think that was a big part in us losing so many right games this year and it's an area which maybe hasn't been addressed.

Keating or Roberts will need to improve significantly to provide that. If Casey had stayed at 9 he possibly could have given us that but well never know and he's now a year older.

While sandow is no lockyer but i think his kicking game alone would have won a lot of those close games this year. We were never able to turn the fullbacks around and get the opposition on the back foot when they were chasing points and that allowed them time and space to play the lateral game.

With our pack plus two players who can kick in the halves i think we will be difficult to beat. Im tipping top 4 but i do think we can be genuine title contenders if sandow, hayne and mannah/fui stay fit.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
I have a bad feeling about 2012. I shouldn't but I think the team lacks a steadying hand in and around the ruck and this may cost us close games like this year.

Agree 100%. I'm expecting to be tough up front in defence and rusty and bombing chances in attack next year. Hayne will need to change his game and learn play a more traditional role. Something has hasn't really had to do before. We are no sure thing for top 8 by any stretch.

Suitman

Post Whore
I also think it's a fair call. It's the number 9 that is the steadying influence in any team, and in that department, we are still lacking.

Suity

Chad

Juniors
I cant see how they can go from cellar dweller's one year to winning or being top 4 the next.

Chad

Juniors
Why not?
It's not that unusual.
Look at Melbourne this year. Wooden spooners last year. ;-)

Suity

Only wooden spooners because of points taken away. Storm have been fairly consistant with wins since inception.

Chad

Juniors
Pffft. Water under the bridge.
The number 9 is a position where we lack a game breaker. Most clubs do, actually. A good 9 is a rare breed.

Suity

The water under the bridge will hurt us in 2012.

A rare breed that we had but let go.

Eels Dude

Coach
I cant see how they can go from cellar dweller's one year to winning or being top 4 the next.

A year is a big difference in the NRL

The Roosters went from wooden spooners to grand finalists over the course of 2009-2010

The Bulldogs went from wooden spooners to 2nd over the course of 2008-2009

It works the other way too. This years wooden spooners the Titans were a top 4 side last year.

I guess you haven't been following the NRL for very long.

Chad

Juniors
A year is a big difference in the NRL

The Roosters went from wooden spooners to grand finalists over the course of 2009-2010

The Bulldogs went from wooden spooners to 2nd over the course of 2008-2009

It works the other way too. This years wooden spooners the Titans were a top 4 side last year.

I guess you haven't been following the NRL for very long.

Agree, Point taken....

I guess I'm frustrated like some other parra supporters who just want to see them come good. With such a vast Junior base there should be no excuse.

Last edited:

Eels Dude

Coach
Agree, Point taken....

I guess I'm frustrated like some other parra supporters who just want to see them come good. With such a vast Junior base there should be no excuse.

Agree also. I don't think we will make the top 4 at all. I'm not even that confident we'll make the top 8 as I still have doubts about certain positions and I don't think our recruiting is as great as some people think it to be, just about every signing we've made could go either way.

Latest posts