What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's good for the Goose....

Meth

Staff member
First of all, well done Panthers. Fantastic play and a powerful performance. You deserved to put 20 on us today. The issue I'm raising is not meant to take anything away from a comprehensive victory on the road.

Clinton Toopi was sin binned in the 35th minute for giving the ref an earful. Fair enough. I thought he deserved to go. I thought that Clark's warning to him at the conference was clear and fair, and Toopi was the author of his own temporary demise.

However, I also thought that Priddis deserved to go at various stages during the match, and was never cautioned. At one stage, he stood in the face of Clark and berated him over a decision. Also, for the final five minutes of the first stanza, the Panthers intentionally conceded penalties with regularity and I thought a yellow card could have been warranted in those instance as well.

So what do you think?

There was plenty of niggle, but I thought the Panthers were just as responsible for this as the Warriors were.

ozbash

Referee
agree about the last 5, i thought there were 2-3 pro fouls.

toopi deserved to be binned, he,s a hothead. he wasnt listening to stace so i couldnt see him hearing clark.

priddis ? yep, he was pushing it at time but i dont think he was abusive..
toopi and clarky havnt been buddies since the kiwi tour of GB. :lol:

Meth

Staff member
bump

Interested to hear a Panthers fan/non-Warriors supporter's take

Foz

Bench
I dont support either club but watched the incident. I heard Clarke tell Toopi to keep quiet. Jones told him too. Toopi opened his mouth so he went to the bin. (just quietly Clarke didnt let him say too much anyway).
I'm not sure on Priddis but he was annoying and like Toopi gave it to Clarke. I think the difference was when Clarke told him to shut up he did.
One thing all NRL players would know is Clarke wont put up with back chat.
The problem I think is you can get away with a bit from some refs and not from others.
One other thing I noticed was Toopi's language when he left the field. I'm no lip reader but it was pretty clear what he said.
I wonder if the judiciary will have a look at it?

Southernsaint

Staff member
It was a classic case of what not to do.

Clark blows time off & calls out Toopi & Jones, to tell Toopi to watch his mouth. So what is the first thing Toopi does?? Opens his mouth. He had to go, otherwise Clark would've lost respect for saying one thing & doing another.

Toopi only has himself to blame.

As for Priddis - I don't really recall him giving it to Clark. I think hookers & halfbacks tend to get away with it more, though.

Cheers,
Ben S.