What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's good on Netflix?

Vic Mackey

Referee
Just finished it, Thanks for the recommendation. Cracker of a show.

A liitle less of Deran getting his end away would have been good. And a little more of the Mexican chick before she got dispatched would have worked.

It’s awesome hey. I know it’s big in America but hasn’t seemed to have reached here, maybe due to people not wanting to see the Yanks ripping us off.

Yeah I was a fan of the Lil chicka. If you got Insta you gotta follow Wren, I’m absolutely in love with her

Vic Mackey

Referee
The new Dave Chapelle special sticks and Stones. It’s hilarious and a good take on how geniused the world is getting.

‘You guys heard about that French actor? Jooise?’

OMG that part fcking killed me :joy:

You could everyone in the crowds reaction, finally someone in show biz went after him

Incorrect

Coach
Stick at it, best show on Netflix. I was worried it was going to be a shit American rip off of the Aussie movie but it’s great. The ending of season 2 is big but then ending of season 4 is absolutely insane.
I'm at the tail end of season 4...

It strikes me that there's not really 1 likable character in the show. Possibly Craig... But then he left Renn to OD and stole her shit back in S1 or S2...

They're all selfish merkins.

Good show. I'm sticking with it

Vic Mackey

Referee
Top Boy

Apart from taking 2 episodes to understand what anyone was actually saying, damn what a show.

Set in the housing comm suburbs of London two experienced drug dealers looking to get back into the game after a young gang establish themselves. Shows how kids in those areas get sucked into the life and how it effects their families/friends.

Was awesome

Mr Spock!

Referee
Stick at it, best show on Netflix. I was worried it was going to be a shit American rip off of the Aussie movie but it’s great. The ending of season 2 is big but then ending of season 4 is absolutely insane.
Meh, do we really need to see Deran pretending to have gay sex every episode.....

myrrh ken

First Grade
Game changers was really interesting without being preachy. Looked at effects of "plant based" diets on top athletes and dispels a few myths. Ultra-marathoners, bodybuilders, strongmen, nrl players and even Big Arnie agrees.

I'm already half way there. it is going to be the way of the future

bileduct

Coach
Game changers was really interesting without being preachy. Looked at effects of "plant based" diets on top athletes and dispels a few myths. Ultra-marathoners, bodybuilders, strongmen, nrl players and even Big Arnie agrees.

I'm already half way there. it is going to be the way of the future
This came across as a bit of an activist propaganda piece to be honest.

I don't doubt that there is a case to be made here, but I would have preferred to see more science and studies over anecdotes. The stuff around animal poaching, environmental impact and boners seemed entirely unnecessary.

axl rose

Bench
War of the Worlds- (2005) This got a lot of hate from critics back in the day but I rather enjoyed it.

Demolition Man- as far as Slys silly action movies go this is one of his best.

Last edited:

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
War of the Worlds- (2005) This got a lot of hate from critics back in the day but I rather enjoyed it.

Demolition Man- as far as Slys silly action movies go this is one of his best.
War of the worlds took the kids doing the complete opposite of what they are told factor and multiplied it by a few. Made it so i spent less time focusing on the plot and more and wanting to headbutt the daughter

axl rose

Bench
The King- slow burn , but worth it for the Battle of Agincourt. My history is a little hazy, so Im not sure if it chronicles King Henry the V's life particulary accurately.

Last edited: