What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's good on Netflix?

Incorrect

Coach
Thanks to this Thread, I just smashed Top Boy on Netflix over the past week. Loved it. If interested, search for "Top Boy Summerhouse" to watch the first 2 seasons which are only 4 eps each. Then it goes moves to Top Boy ( effectively season 3) which has 10 eps and is set 6 years or so after the 2nd Summerhouse season.

Bit like The Wire in that I had to watch it with the subtitles on... Highly recommended.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Next Season of Dark out this week, I think it is the last season. Currently re watching the first 2 series.

Really hope they can pull off a satisfying conclusion as I have really enjoyed it so far.

Pommy

Coach
Not sure if it’s been mentioned but we’ve smashed money heist in a really short space of time.
It takes a few episodes to get over the fact it’s dubbed but once you get over it it’s really good.

Pommy

Coach
Has anyone watched the English game? I’m a football fan but not sure that’s enough to hold my interest in a period drama.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Has anyone watched the English game? I’m a football fan but not sure that’s enough to hold my interest in a period drama.

I'm both a football fan and a historical drama fan, so I liked the concept
Not groundbreaking, but I still enjoyed it

Vic Mackey

Referee
Watched the NO movie ‘The Old Guard’

The series are often great but most movies I’ve seen are trash. This was no exception. Standard Netflix, American Army has a special ops unit of entirely 20 year old minority chicks (of course) one finds out she’s immortal and then meets a group of 4 others who are too. 2 of those 4 are a gay couple.

Virtue signaling aside, it was straight up shit. 2hours and 5 mins of my life I’ll never get back

axl rose

Bench
20 year old minority chicks (of course) one finds out she’s immortal and then meets a group of 4 others who are too. 2 of those 4 are a gay couple.
Netflix will kill itself with this virtue signaling garbage long before any competitor does.

Anyhow Night on Earth nature documentary is very good.

mongoose

Coach

The series are often great but most movies I’ve seen are trash. This was no exception. Standard Netflix, American Army has a special ops unit of entirely 20 year old minority chicks (of course) one finds out she’s immortal and then meets a group of 4 others who are too. 2 of those 4 are a gay couple.

Virtue signaling aside, it was straight up shit. 2hours and 5 mins of my life I’ll never get back

yeah that was a pile of garbage...

Matua

Bench

You seem to hunt out things to be faux offended by - the unit was chicks as their task was to interview Muslim women in areas where men interviewing women would not be great for communication.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Not sure if it’s been mentioned but we’ve smashed money heist in a really short space of time.
It takes a few episodes to get over the fact it’s dubbed but once you get over it it’s really good.

Finished 4 season in about 3 weeks
I sometimes change to Spanish and some actors have completely different voices to the English voice actors

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Indian Matchmaking.

Pretty interesting insight on the arranged marriage process.

Surprisingly, I enjoyed it a lot.

Greenfields

Juniors
Enjoyed the new Transformers anime series, War for Cybertron. The first of three chapters. Helps that the Transformers actually look like the originals.

mongoose

Coach
Unsolved Mysteries. Brilliant return. The story about the family in France is just wtf? so eerie..

If I have one criticism its that some eps could be cut short by 10 or 15 minutes.

Last edited:
Three Identical Strangers.

Wow.

Not a spoiler to mention it’s about 3 triplets separately adopted out who, by chance, meet each other later in life. But there’s so much more to it than just that.

Plenty more I’d discuss here (I have a genuine interest in adoption stories being in that category myself) but would definitely be a spoiler if I went into it more.

It’s not a touchy-feely or tear-jerker Oprah Winfrey style doco, so don’t be put off if that’s not your thing. If you like human interest stuff - this is mind blowing.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Just finished a series "losers", some great sports stories presented really well about storiea you would never hear or read anywhere else. You would think dog sledding and curling wouldnt be that interesting but its gold