What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's good on Netflix?

Game_Breaker

Coach
I thought Tiger King was addictive, then The Last Dance comes out

What's the verdict on Carole Baskin?
Did she kill her husband, whacked him?

Matua

Bench
4 episodes into The Last Kingdom and really can't understand the hype for it in this thread. I feel like I'm watching a different show from the one everyone is mentioning. :)

I'm finding everything to be subpar in comparison with Vikings, the acting, the script, the costumes, the cinematography etc. The main actor looks like he's in a contemporary show. All the leaders of the various groups lack charisma outside of maybe Alfred. The worst thing about it is there's no straight up hotties like Lagertha in the show so far, we all want great drama but having pretty things to look at while that is happening is a bonus.

It's still watchable, and I'm kind of interested in where the story is going, so I'll keep watching the rest of the season.

mongoose

Coach
Got around to watching The Last Dance. As a big fan of the NBA in the 90s I'm loving it. I was worried the whole series would just be about the 97/98 season but its about the whole Bulls dynasty.

I can't believe how brutally honest Jordan is, the guy calls a spade a spade that's for sure. Doesn't seem to want to give anyone else credit, ever. I guess when you are unequivocally the GOAT you can talk that way about other people.

Got around to watching The Last Dance. As a big fan of the NBA in the 90s I'm loving it. I was worried the whole series would just be about the 97/98 season but its about the whole Bulls dynasty.

I can't believe how brutally honest Jordan is, the guy calls a spade a spade that's for sure. Doesn't seem to want to give anyone else credit, ever. I guess when you are unequivocally the GOAT you can talk that way about other people.

He became like that after he got cut for his Varsity basketball team in high school. From then on he became driven. He even admitted he wanted to see that team lose cause they left him off it.

If you want a good book which cover the first Bull three peat, see if you can get a hold of The Jordan Rules by Sam Smith. Very good read.

Game_Breaker

Coach
I saw the trailer for Trial by Media, it looks really good

I’ll add that to my watch list

4 episodes into The Last Kingdom and really can't understand the hype for it in this thread. I feel like I'm watching a different show from the one everyone is mentioning. :)

I'm finding everything to be subpar in comparison with Vikings, the acting, the script, the costumes, the cinematography etc. The main actor looks like he's in a contemporary show. All the leaders of the various groups lack charisma outside of maybe Alfred. The worst thing about it is there's no straight up hotties like Lagertha in the show so far, we all want great drama but having pretty things to look at while that is happening is a bonus.

It's still watchable, and I'm kind of interested in where the story is going, so I'll keep watching the rest of the season.

The first half isn’t that good
It does pick up in the second half of the season

Destiny is all

Game_Breaker

Coach

He was also a merkin to his teammates
In order to be the GOAT there was zero room for Mr Nice guy

grouch

First Grade
Dolemite Is My Name

Been on there a while I think, but it's a hidden gem. A very entertaining, funny and true story.

Im not really an NBA fan but love US sports docos and this is one of the best.

I did follow the NBA a bit in this era when the Bulls reigned. The only real time I watched it regularly. Many great players but Jordan put them in his shadow.

He does come across as a self-important pr1ck a lot. Given the environment he existed under and the relentless attention he faced I couldn’t imagine how that would shape your personality. But it’s evident that he thought he was above his team mates and treated many poorly. That’s not on.

I’m find myself more interested in the Pippen, Rodman, Jackson stories in this series than that of Jordan.

mongoose

Coach
Im not really an NBA fan but love US sports docos and this is one of the best.

I did follow the NBA a bit in this era when the Bulls reigned. The only real time I watched it regularly. Many great players but Jordan put them in his shadow.

He does come across as a self-important pr1ck a lot. Given the environment he existed under and the relentless attention he faced I couldn’t imagine how that would shape your personality. But it’s evident that he thought he was above his team mates and treated many poorly. That’s not on.

I’m find myself more interested in the Pippen, Rodman, Jackson stories in this series than that of Jordan.

The total lack of respect for his opponents is also interesting. He didn't seem to rate Clyde Drexler. He thought Barkley shouldn't have got MVP in 93 over him. He's almost in uncontrollable laughter at Gary Payton when he said he had Jordan's measure. He was a total merkin but he backed it up.

The total lack of respect for his opponents is also interesting. He didn't seem to rate Clyde Drexler. He thought Barkley shouldn't have got MVP in 93 over him. He's almost in uncontrollable laughter at Gary Payton when he said he had Jordan's measure. He was a total merkin but he backed it up.

Yep he backed it up in spades. Read a story why Luc Longley isnt part of the series. Suggested by the director that it was a logistical matter, which makes sense. But that aside, Longley hasn’t got any kind words for Jordan.

Just finished ep7 and about to start ep8. Jordan was honest about it which I respect. Must be hard to play when none of your team are as good as you, but as long as the effort and teamwork is there it should help you win. They got results so can’t argue there, but if abusing team mates helped them “lift intensity”?? Hmm dunno about that.

Matua

Bench
Ok peeps, my The Last Kingdom update. 6 or 7 episodes in and it's getting worse. Are the writers on meth? The plot is on the one hand all over the place and on the other just repeating the same things over again.

Fake airbrushed Rangnar not Lothbrok does something stupid because stupid is his default character trait, King threatens him with punishment/death, rinse repeat, add a new chick every two episodes.

I can only assume this is a Parks and Rec type show where the first season is dire, but they find their way in the second season and become awesome.

Matua

Bench
Gisela might change your mind in season 2. The things I would do to to her.....
Nope, he finally got one to change my mind in S1 and she got killed off (and they killed off the other best character on the show in that final ep), Gisela is a step down.

Not sure why I'm still watching this show, I think so I can just complain about it. :)

gUt

Coach
Gave The Midnight Gospel a go. Original idea and interesting concept etc but doesn't work for me.

Latest posts