What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's good on Netflix?

Perth Tiger

Bench
Really enjoyed Barbarians. Short sharp season and sets up season 2 nicely.

At the moment, working through Lucifer. Into season 2. Worth persisting with?

Umbrella Academy is on my list. Heard mixed reviews. Anyone elaborate?

Also on the list - Dark and The Alienist. Anyone watched those?

Definitely watch Dark, it can be confusing keeping track of everything but well worth it.

Alienist is good but not great, it is enjoyable but you are not really missing anything if you don't watch it.

I really enjoyed Umbrella Academy as well, if you like/can accept the super hero genre then you will enjoy it as it has a bit of a different take on it

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Anyone watching the Queen's Gambit?
Binged it in a day. I was about to give it the heave Ho half way through the first episode. So glad I didn’t, for someone who doesn’t play chess and is a checkers man I thought it was brilliant. Hope they do a season 2.

mongoose

Coach
Aunty Donna's house of shit...or something

painfully unfunny, cringeworthy skit comedy show made in Australia....struggled to get through 1 episode

Pommy

Coach
On Amazon rather than Netflix but Oh Cook! was decent. A normal cooking show with James May presenting it, I wouldn’t watch it without him but I would probably watch him reading the phone book.

soc123_au

Staff member
On Amazon rather than Netflix but Oh Cook! was decent. A normal cooking show with James May presenting it, I wouldn’t watch it without him but I would probably watch him reading the phone book.
I'll have a look for it. He is very watchable, I love the assembler, the show where he puts old shit together after pulling it apart.

Styles clash

Juniors
18 episodes into The Good Place a comedy series set in the afterlife. Started 2 days ago and feel burned out possibly because it was really a NBC show (Netflix lies) made for weekly consumption. Light viewing suitable for dinner, unless you have kids and don't want to explain wanking jokes, and Kristen Bell is pretty. Her character reminds me of Selina Meyer from Veep but 20 years younger. Probably keep going at a slower pace. Ends at 53 episodes.

Last edited:

Apey

Staff member
18 episodes into The Good Place a comedy series set in the afterlife. Started 2 days ago and feel burned out possibly because it was really a NBC show (Netflix lies) made for weekly consumption. Light viewing suitable for dinner, unless you have kids and don't want to explain wanking jokes, and Kristen Bell is pretty. Her character reminds me of Selina Meyer from Veep but 20 years younger. Probably keep going at a slower pace. Ends at 53 episodes.

The show has a good, fulfilling ending, if you do end up persevering. Overall it was one of my favourite Netflix series.

Styles clash

Juniors
The show has a good, fulfilling ending, if you do end up persevering. Overall it was one of my favourite Netflix series.

Watching because I heard comparisons to Star Trek in that there's moral delimmas and such. As a comedy it's not particularly funny so far.

Mr Spock!

Referee

Enjoyed the season until they went to Australia and got a bit over it.

Latest posts